Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Dec 22nd 2012 new

Kings Row(1942) 1900,Kings Row is a small town with a limited population.Four children,Randy Munaran(Ann Todd),Parris Mitchell(Scotty Beckett),Drake McHugh(Douglas Croft)and Cassandra Tower(Mary Thomas)are the best of friends.Cassandra is a lonely child because of her father,DR Alexnder Tower(Claude Rains)wont let her have any kind of a life.
Years go by Parris(Robert Cummings)is on his way to becoming a first rate doctor.Cassandra(Betty Field)and Parris are in love,but she fears her father.Randy(Ann Sheridan)from the wrong side of the tracks is in love with well to do Drake(Ronald Reagan) Drake is in love with Randy but Louise Gordon(Nancy Coleman)loves Drake.
Trouble starts when Cassandra mysteriously dies and DR Tower commits suicide.Parris saddened by it decides to go to Europe to complete his education.
Drake and Randy get married much to the anger of Louise and her sadistic doctor father(Charles Coburn)
Great Love Story. clap clap clap
www.tcm.com

Dec 22nd 2012 new
The Dark Knight Rises.

:batman: We need a Batman smiley.
Dec 28th 2012 new

The Man I Married(1940)Carol Hoffman(Joan Bennett)her husband Eric(Francis Lederer)and son Ricky(Johnny Russell)are the perfect family living in New York.Eric,who was born in Germany,decides to return to run his fathers buisness.
Once in Berlin the family run into trouble when Carol finds Eric is a Nazi sympathizer and he starts having an affair with hard core Nazi, Frieda(Anna Sten) Eric decides to not return to America and wants custody of Ricky.
American newspaper man Kenneth Delane(Llyod Nolan)feels sorry for Carol and Ricky and wants to help.
Pretty Good WW2 Film.

Dec 28th 2012 new
The Web with Sandra Bullock. Loved seeing it again...
Dec 28th 2012 new
The Net I meant.
Dec 28th 2012 new

and Dial M For Murder with Grace Kelly....1958. Hitchcock had another good one here...

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: and Dial M For Murder with Grace Kelly....1958. Hitchcock had another good one here...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

and Dial M For Murder with Grace Kelly....1958. Hitchcock had another good one here...

--hide--

Meg, that's one of my favorite movies every...also with the smallest set excepting only "Rope."

Last movie I saw was The Hobbit yesterday. =) stir the pot! Its getting cold! troll trolls but no goblins...hmm...

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Meg, that's one of my favorite movies every...also with the smallest set excepting o...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Meg, that's one of my favorite movies every...also with the smallest set excepting only "Rope."

Last movie I saw was The Hobbit yesterday. =) trolls but no goblins...hmm...

--hide--

I didn't know about "Rope" !! Thanks, I will check it out, Naomi. Rebecca was great too. Have you seen that? It was even better than the book. The housekeeper-- shocked Scariest person I have ever seen!

Dec 29th 2012 new

I love Rebecca!!! So creepy and terribly sad, tragic in a twisted way. wide eyed makes you like the people who did wrong. faint odd, eh? course, maybe I like it because the odd little spinster does live happily ever after wink .

Dec 30th 2012 new

I got together with my Mom and her s/o Louis for Christmas. As we usually do, we watched some DVDs together.

The first was not a movie per se, but a pair of 1-hour documentaries on the Titanic from National Geographic.

We also watched It's A Wonderful Life (colorized version) and the recent Get Smart movie.

Mom and I also watched The Sound of Music which was on ABC TV last Sunday night. That movie has a special significance for my mom -- she and my dad went to see it in theaters for their first date. For a long while after my dad died, she had trouble watching the movie.

Posts 61 - 70 of 200