Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

01/21/2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I had a Star Trek weekend ... Watched the last 3 Next Generation movies, First Contact , Insurrection and Nemesis, ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I had a Star Trek weekend ... Watched the last 3 Next Generation movies, First Contact , Insurrection and Nemesis, as well as 2 Original Series episodes.

Today I took a break from Trek and watched the original King Kong (1933). Holds up very well for a movie made 80 years ago.
--hide--
Edward, when you talk like that I feel like it is another language. I remember King Kong but not the original...lol.
01/21/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: No Way Out(1950)DR Luther Brooks(Sidney Poitier)is starting his new job as doctor in the local ho...
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

No Way Out(1950)DR Luther Brooks(Sidney Poitier)is starting his new job as doctor in the local hospital.DR Brooks was helped along by his friend DR Dan Wharton(Steven McNally)the hospitals head doctor.
Into the hospital comes two hoodlums,Ray(Richard widmark)and Johnny(Dick Paxton)Biddle.

--hide--

Brian, I thought I was into movies! I'm a big William Powell fan, any suggestions? Also Barbara Stanwyck?

01/23/2013 new

Barabbas(1962)Story of the criminal,Barabbas(Anthony Quinn)who was pardoned by Pontius Pilate(Arthur Kennedy)His returning to his crimal ways,his years in the Sicily salt mines,his adventures as a gladiator,to his final conversition.
Nobody does it better than Anthony clap clap clap clap thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Keep an eye out for Douglas Fowley,Simone Sigmoret,and Sharon Tate.(Bits) scratchchin
www.movieposterdb.com

01/26/2013 new

My theater has classics Wednesday and I went to see the Sound of Music! biggrin
They use the large theater with leather stadium seats and larger screen. We even had the intermission like in days of old!

It was a wonderful experience! What a great movie!! Then you walk out and all the new posters are of violence and sex and horror... sad

01/27/2013 new
Watched 3 movies this weekend:

Fiesta, an MGM musical from 1947 filmed in Mexico. Ricardo Montalban (in his first credited role) and Esther Williams play twin brother and sister of a famous retired bullfighter. Montalban ditches following in his father's footsteps as a bullfighter to pursue his dream of music, so Williams poses as him and bullfights to preserve the "family honor". Excellent dancing in this film as well.

Innocent Steps, a ballroom dancing movie from South Korea. A renowned male ballroom dancer trains a young protege from China, while pretending to be married to her and tries to keep her from being deported.

At the theater today - The Impossible starring Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor. Harrowing, but excellent, disaster drama based on the true story of one family's experience of the 2004 Southeast Asian tsunami. Watts has been nominated for an Oscar for her performance, and IMHO the nomination is well deserved.
01/29/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Alias,Nick Beal(1949)DA Joseph Foster(Thomas Mitchell)wants to put away racket boss Frankie Faulk...
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Alias,Nick Beal(1949)DA Joseph Foster(Thomas Mitchell)wants to put away racket boss Frankie Faulker(Fred Clark)Joseph tells everyone he will sell his soul to rid the city of Faulker and his hoods.A mysterious MR Nick Beal(Ray Milland)gets in touch with Foster and asks him to meet him at a seedy bar on the waterfront.The DA signs an agreement with the strange MR Beal and Faulkner is convicted.Foster is asked to run for governor and with Beal and a trashy Miss Donna Allens(Audrey Totter)help,hes elected.
Fosters wife Martha(Geraldine Wall)and Fosters close friend, REV Thomas Garfield(George Macready)suspect who Beal really is,Lucifer.When Joseph Foster finds out the truth its too late.Theres only one way out.
GREAT FILM

--hide--

Hello Brian!!

Wonderful sounding movies and suggestions, and thank you so much!! Absolutely love the classic movies myself...and currently on a bit of a Humphrey Bogart kick. The good old days, when music was REAL music...and movie actors had GENUINE talent!! I can always rely on your suggestions to give me some ideas for other movies to see!!

God Bless You, Brian...great to see you!!

~Dominick.

01/30/2013 new

Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex(1939)Lord Essex(Errol Flynn)returns from Spain after sacking the town of Cadiz and destroying the Spanish fleet.Queen Elizabeth(Bette Davis)degrades Essex for allowing the Spanish to destroy the treasure fleet and not returning with the treasury.Everyone except Essexs friend,Francis Bacon(Donald Crisp)also turn against Essex.Essex angrily retires to his estate.Essex court enemies,Walter Raleigh(Vincent Price),Lord Benchley(Henry Stephenson)Robert Cecil(Henry Daniell)Lord Coke(Leo J Carroll)etc gain control.
In Ireland,the Earl Of Tyrone(Alan Hale)and his rebels. destroy the English armies. Essex is recalled by the Queen and is sent to Ireland to put down the revolution.
Raleigh and the others know that Essex and Elizabeth are in love and go to the Queens lady in waiting,Lady Penelope(Olivia De Havilland)to stop their mail.Without arms and help Essex is soon defeated in Ireland and returns home seeking revenge.
Great Film.Bette and Errols next film was to be Gone With The Wind,but Bette,who didnt get along with Errol refusd to have anything to do with the project.
www.youtube.com

02/01/2013 new

Party Girl(1958)Chicago 1930s.Vicki Gaye(Cyd Charisse)a dancer in a nightclub is invited to a party by crime czar,Rico Angelo(Lee J Cobb)Vicki rejects the unwanted advances of Louie(John Ireland)a drunken hood at the party and is rescued by Tommy Farrell(Robert Taylor)Ricos lawyer.
Tommy and Vicki fall for each other incuring the wrath of Louie,but Louie goes along because Tommy is defending him for a gangster killing.After the trial Vicki isdisgusted at Tommy for getting Louie off and breaks up with him.
Tommy feeling ashamed wants to quit Rico,but Rico tells him he needs him to defend another hood,Cookie Lamontte(Corey Allen)Tommy agrees but trouble starts when DA Jeffrey Stewart(Kent Smith)catches Rico,Tommy,and Cookie bribing the jury.
www.youtube.com
Great Film.Great Love Story. clap clap clap clap thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

02/01/2013 new
Earlier this week, I watched Timothy Dalton as James Bond 007 in The Living Daylights. It was the first James Bond movie I saw in a theater, way back in 1987, and remains one of my favorites in the series.
02/04/2013 new
I'm a huge Frank Capra fan, but saw awhile ago "All's Quiet on the Western Front" this was a good movie and the things you saw would give this movie a solid R rating today. More recently I saw Les Mis. I can see why it is up for an Oscar. Very moving and symbolic about good and evil, well worth seeing again.
Posts 91 - 100 of 200