Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: If you all could spare a prayer for my Uncle Bob, our family would appreciate it. My uncle, who is...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

If you all could spare a prayer for my Uncle Bob, our family would appreciate it. My uncle, who is 92, is dying and I'm not sure if he has hours, days or weeks left. Just received the call from my cousin. We've known about this for a few months, but it's still difficult.

Thank you all so much. God bless each one of you.

You all remain in my prayers.

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart hug

Sep 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Maia-181886 said: Thank you all again for your continued prayers! Just received word from my cousin that my Tio is...

Thank you all again for your continued prayers!

Just received word from my cousin that my Tio is not doing well at all. We'll be heading to see him in a while.

God's Will be done.

--hide--

Praying rosary Praying sad
Sep 19th 2012 new

Prayers offered for your Uncle Bob. May his journey be peaceful. Come Holy Spirit. Praying rosary hug

Sep 19th 2012 new

Praying Praying theheart

Sep 19th 2012 new

Prayers for him and your whole family.

Sep 19th 2012 new

Praying

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: Thank you all again for your continued prayers! Just received word from my cousin that my T...

Thank you all again for your continued prayers!

Just received word from my cousin that my Tio is not doing well at all. We'll be heading to see him in a while.

God's Will be done.

--hide--

Continued prayers for Tio. Praying

Sep 20th 2012 new
Dearest Prayer Warriors,

Thank you again for your continued prayers for my Uncle Bob. By now, Uncle has been moved from the hospital's ICU to hospice. The facility has 24 hour visitation and I plan to take Mom and Dad there on Thursday.

I just learned today that Uncle is suffering from MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) which I suspected last night when the nurse told me he was on multiple medications, but that the infection was resistant. He's been in extreme pain so the goal is to make him comfortable in his final days.

The hospice will not be administering a lot of medication and they're taking him off his blood pressure meds. His pressure has been spiking up and dipping low. There was some concern he wouldn't even make it to hospice, but my cousin believed his dad would indeed arrive there and since I have not received a phone call as of this writing (11:45 pm Pacific Time, Wednesday), I am guessing he made it.

My cousins also told us Uncle Bob can hear and see us, but just cannot speak for some reason. A priest came by and administered Last Rites while we surrounded Uncle, who was very calm while Father was praying. Uncle was also peaceful as I prayed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy today at 3 pm and later the Rosary, both in a normal tone of voice so he could hear me.

I still don't know how this all happened so suddenly as we visited Uncle on the 9th. He was frail but did talk a little to us and seemed ok. Once again, I told Uncle that we were all praying for him and that we would see him again tomorrow. I haven't yet read each post but I will soon. Thank you all so much for your spiritual support. theheart

Sep 20th 2012 new

Praying rosary theheart

Sep 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Maia-181886 said: If you all could spare a prayer for my Uncle Bob, our family would appreciate it. My uncle, who is 92, is dying...

If you all could spare a prayer for my Uncle Bob, our family would appreciate it. My uncle, who is 92, is dying and I'm not sure if he has hours, days or weeks left. Just received the call from my cousin. We've known about this for a few months, but it's still difficult.

Thank you all so much. God bless each one of you.

You all remain in my prayers.

--hide--

Posts 41 - 50 of 101