Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Mische-831256 said: Prayers for your uncle Bob and your entire family...
(Quote) Mische-831256 said: Prayers for your uncle Bob and your entire family...

--hide--

Your continued prayers are so very comforting. hug rose theheart

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: If you all could spare a prayer for my Uncle Bob, our family would appreciate it. My uncle, who is...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

If you all could spare a prayer for my Uncle Bob, our family would appreciate it. My uncle, who is 92, is dying and I'm not sure if he has hours, days or weeks left. Just received the call from my cousin. We've known about this for a few months, but it's still difficult.

Thank you all so much. God bless each one of you.

You all remain in my prayers.

--hide--
Prayers for your Uncle Bob, Maia, that he have a peaceful and happy passing, and for your family and you that you all be comforted in your loss. hug Praying Praying hug

Sep 25th 2012 new

He and your family are in my prayers. Praying Praying Praying

Sep 27th 2012 new

UPDATE:

First, thank you to each one of you for continued prayers! hug I'm sorry I haven't thanked each one of you individually but I have been visiting Uncle daily since last Tuesday and I'm exhausted.

Something interesting is happening here and I wanted to share with you all because it's a testament to God's love and mercy.

Uncle was not supposed to live this long since being recently hospitalized. He wasn't even expected to survive the ambulance ride some 6 or so miles from the ER to hospice, but he has exceeded those expectations. Each day we have visited him, we've said our goodbyes believing he would pass within hours, but again, he has lingered. Twice yesterday, we thought he had died. Every time the phone rings I wonder if it's 'the call.'

A relative told me that either Uncle has a strong will to live or he desperately needs our prayers. While at the facility today, it struck me that Uncle's lingering is a testament to God's love and mercy. I had the sense that He's giving Uncle time to receive more prayer, prepare a little better for death through this suffering, a purification process, I suppose. I'm told Uncle is in lots of pain and is receiving pain medication. This time may also be helping my cousins cope with their faither's imminent death.

Thanks be to God for allowing us to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for several days now at 3 pm, as well as several family Rosaries. Uncle also received Last Rites three times!

theheart

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: UPDATE: First, thank you to each one of you for continued prayers! I'm sorry I haven...

UPDATE:

First, thank you to each one of you for continued prayers! I'm sorry I haven't thanked each one of you individually but I have been visiting Uncle daily since last Tuesday and I'm exhausted.

Something interesting is happening here and I wanted to share with you all because it's a testament to God's love and mercy.

Uncle was not supposed to live this long since being recently hospitalized. He wasn't even expected to survive the ambulance ride some 6 or so miles from the ER to hospice, but he has exceeded those expectations. Each day we have visited him, we've said our goodbyes believing he would pass within hours, but again, he has lingered. Twice yesterday, we thought he had died. Every time the phone rings I wonder if it's 'the call.'

A relative told me that either Uncle has a strong will to live or he desperately needs our prayers. While at the facility today, it struck me that Uncle's lingering is a testament to God's love and mercy. I had the sense that He's giving Uncle time to receive more prayer, prepare a little better for death through this suffering, a purification process, I suppose. I'm told Uncle is in lots of pain and is receiving pain medication. This time may also be helping my cousins cope with their faither's imminent death.

Thanks be to God for allowing us to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for several days now at 3 pm, as well as several family Rosaries. Uncle also received Last Rites three times!

--hide--

I neglected to mention that Uncle can apparently see and hear us, he just can't speak to us. His mind is ok. So no telling what he's thinking, what he's saying to God right now. theheart

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: UPDATE: First, thank you to each one of yo...

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

UPDATE:

First, thank you to each one of you for continued prayers! I'm sorry I haven't thanked each one of you individually but I have been visiting Uncle daily since last Tuesday and I'm exhausted.

I neglected to mention that Uncle can apparently see and hear us, he just can't speak to us. His mind is ok. So no telling what he's thinking, what he's saying to God right now.

--hide--

Wow. Continued prayers. theheart

Sep 27th 2012 new

My prayers go out to you at this most difficult time-I will also ask the men of my Prayer Group in Long Island to offersome prayers for
recovery as soon a possible
Jack

Sep 27th 2012 new

Praying Praying Praying

Sep 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Maia-181886 said: I neglected to mention that Uncle can apparently see and hear us, he just can't speak to us....

I neglected to mention that Uncle can apparently see and hear us, he just can't speak to us. His mind is ok. So no telling what he's thinking, what he's saying to God right now.

--hide--

When Andrew was in a coma he received last rites seven times. Father Adrian believes in the healing powers of the sacrament. He says he has witnessed miracles giving this sacrament, I will continue keeping your uncle in my prayers.
Sep 27th 2012 new

Dear Maia,

I am sorry to hear about your Uncle.. Obviously you are close and with faith will be united again someday in Paradise.

I will pray for Uncle Bob and May the good and merciful Lord God Almighty welcome him with open arms at the hour of His chosing.

We have no control over this life. We can only celebrate it and give it all the fighting chance we can.

Be at Peace and know that the Lord is close to you and your family at this very moment.

theheart

rosary

AMEN!

Posts 71 - 80 of 101