Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: If you all could spare a prayer for my Uncle Bob, our family would appreciate it. My uncle, who is...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

If you all could spare a prayer for my Uncle Bob, our family would appreciate it. My uncle, who is 92, is dying and I'm not sure if he has hours, days or weeks left. Just received the call from my cousin. We've known about this for a few months, but it's still difficult.

Thank you all so much. God bless each one of you.

You all remain in my prayers.

--hide--

Praying hug rosary theheart May the Lord hear your prayer!

Sep 27th 2012 new
Praying rosary
Sep 27th 2012 new

Continued Prayers for Uncle Bob and family. Praying

Sep 27th 2012 new

More prayers for your Uncle Bob, you, and your family. Praying Praying hug

Sep 27th 2012 new

My rosary tonight will be offered to your Uncle Bob. He will be in good hands with our Heavenly Father. May you and your family have the strength to move on with your life. Peace!

Sep 28th 2012 new

UPDATE: Thank you for your continued prayers!! hug

Again, forgive me for not thanking each one of you individually. We've been with Uncle every day since we received the call last Tuesday, the 18th and I'm exhausted.

The strangest thing happened today. Mom and I were alone in Uncle's room and I wanted to pray continuous Chaplets of Divine Mercy. Mom stepped out so I arose from the couch and stood by Uncle's bedside so he could hear better. I suddenly blurted out 'Tio, reza conmigo.' 'Uncle, pray with me.' It just came out. I slowed my pace a bit and quite literally within seconds, his breathing synced up with my prayer. It was really amazing. His eyes were also focused on me whereas in previous days they looked lifeless. He can see and hear us, just cannot speak. I felt he was honestly praying with me, as much as he could.

For a few days, I keep thinking how Uncle is soon going to have a face to face with Christ. Of course, we have a F2F with Him every time we receive the Eucharist or worship Him in the Blessed Sacrament, but this will be different and I am excited for Tio in this respect.

theheart

Sep 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Maia-181886 said: UPDATE: Thank you for your continued prayers!! Again, forgive me for not thanking each one of ...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

UPDATE: Thank you for your continued prayers!!

Again, forgive me for not thanking each one of you individually. We've been with Uncle every day since we received the call last Tuesday, the 18th and I'm exhausted.

The strangest thing happened today. Mom and I were alone in Uncle's room and I wanted to pray continuous Chaplets of Divine Mercy. Mom stepped out so I arose from the couch and stood by Uncle's bedside so he could hear better. I suddenly blurted out 'Tio, reza conmigo.' 'Uncle, pray with me.' It just came out. I slowed my pace a bit and quite literally within seconds, his breathing synced up with my prayer. It was really amazing. His eyes were also focused on me whereas in previous days they looked lifeless. He can see and hear us, just cannot speak. I felt he was honestly praying with me, as much as he could.

For a few days, I keep thinking how Uncle is soon going to have a face to face with Christ. Of course, we have a F2F with Him every time we receive the Eucharist or worship Him in the Blessed Sacrament, but this will be different and I am excited for Tio in this respect.

--hide--

Continuing to pray
Sep 28th 2012 new

Praying Praying

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: I neglected to mention that Uncle can apparently see an...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

I neglected to mention that Uncle can apparently see and hear us, he just can't speak to us. His mind is ok. So no telling what he's thinking, what he's saying to God right now.

When Andrew was in a coma he received last rites seven times. Father Adrian believes in the healing powers of the sacrament. He says he has witnessed miracles giving this sacrament, I will continue keeping your uncle in my prayers.

--hide--

I had no idea Last Rites could be administered several times. It is indeed a powerful Sacrament. theheart

Thank you for sharing Brenda. hug Prayers for Andrew. Praying

Sep 28th 2012 new

So glad your Uncle Bob has been able to connect with you at this special and sad time, Maia. Praying Praying hug

Posts 81 - 90 of 101