Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Get more people to see the 2016 movie...... 2016 will be released as a DVD on...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Get more people to see the 2016 movie......

2016 will be released as a DVD on October 16th. I will be purchasing one copy for myself to pass on to other fellow Christians/Catholics in my area. I'd like to purchase an additional copy or two to mail to fellow Christians/Catholics in other states, so they can then pass them on. I would like to also purchase one for my library. So in the next few weeks, I will be contacting my library to find out if I can donate a copy for viewing. My library tends to get new DVDs months after something has been at the theaters, so by the time they order 2016 (if they do) and receive the copy, the election will be over.

--hide--

Wendy, these sound like excellent suggestions regarding making the 2016 DVD accessible to others via gift, loaning, library!

Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Wendy, these sound like excellent suggestions regarding making the 2016 DVD accessible ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Wendy, these sound like excellent suggestions regarding making the 2016 DVD accessible to others via gift, loaning, library!

--hide--

I think so many voters are so saturated with the (biased) media that they no longer know what is what, except as to when it's reported against Romney. Having the DVD available for people to view at their leisure, either because they were given a copy to view (by a friend) or they saw it on loan at their local library, will help to re-educate Americans. Every American that starts to see the light, is another American out there spreading the truth. It's sort of like David and Goliath, or the tortoise and the hare. Having God on our side, combined with slow and steady, will have an impact!

Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: We have to get Romney/Ryan elected. There are and have been many threads discussing Romney vs. ...

We have to get Romney/Ryan elected. There are and have been many threads discussing Romney vs. Obama. What I would like to hear though are concrete suggestions/thoughts/etc. on what we as individuals can do?

I personally started the Thursday night prayer thread for Romney/Ryan victory. I sent in an online form to RNC to volunteer (but haven't heard back which doesn't surprise me since Chicago is pretty much a lost cause for Romney). I have also volunteered to act as a Republican election judge in Chicago. I don't know anyone here "on the bench" so to speak, but if I did I would try to persuade them.

WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO? (Let's think outside the box here - do some creative brainstorming) Any thoughts?

--hide--

My church gave out Religious Liberty....Live it!...Protect it! car magnets.

As faithful Catholics, we need to stop being passive and instead become vocal about supporting our Catholic Church. We need to put up displays, either in our yard or on our cars, to show our support of our Church and their stance against the HHS mandate. It's a small thing, but if every faithful Catholic displayed this magnet on their car, or a yard sign, it should end up being A LOT of advertisement against the HHS mandate.

I have several magnets on a table by the front door, which elicited a conversation with a home nurse (for my surgery this past summer), so it's always good to have something out there that might give you a chance to bring up our religious freedom!

Sep 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Get more people to see the 2016 movie...... 2016 will be released as a DVD o...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Get more people to see the 2016 movie......

2016 will be released as a DVD on October 16th. I will be purchasing one copy for myself to pass on to other fellow Christians/Catholics in my area. I'd like to purchase an additional copy or two to mail to fellow Christians/Catholics in other states, so they can then pass them on. I would like to also purchase one for my library. So in the next few weeks, I will be contacting my library to find out if I can donate a copy for viewing. My library tends to get new DVDs months after something has been at the theaters, so by the time they order 2016 (if they do) and receive the copy, the election will be over.

--hide--
Wendy,

When you mentioned the DVD release date of Oct. 16., I assumed it would be distributed via the movie's website.

However, I called Redbox and Blockbuster...and they are going to distribute it! lil mikie

Redbox (stated release is October 16) - www.redbox.com

Blockbuster - www.blockbuster.com

Also, Dinesh D'Souza is trying to get it aired on television before the election.

All mainstream media denied his requests. He's still working on it.
Sep 19th 2012 new

At my parish they had voter registration before and after each mass. The church then will even mail them. This might be something people could suggest at their parishes.
The homily was amazing, so I emailed my priest for a copy. I am so proud of my priests for taking a stand. Now we all need to back them up!

Dear Laura,

I am pleased to read that you are wrestling with the issues and striving to have a well formed conscience.

READ #31-#39 of Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship. – and suggest that those on your website do the same.

All my homilies between now and the election, with the exception of this coming weekend, can be found at CACATHOLIC / TAKE ACTION/FAITHFUL CITIZENSHIP/ HOMILY GUIDES.

En Cristo,
Fr. Robert

Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: We have to get Romney/Ryan elected. There are and have been many threads discussing Romney vs. ...

We have to get Romney/Ryan elected. There are and have been many threads discussing Romney vs. Obama. What I would like to hear though are concrete suggestions/thoughts/etc. on what we as individuals can do?

I personally started the Thursday night prayer thread for Romney/Ryan victory. I sent in an online form to RNC to volunteer (but haven't heard back which doesn't surprise me since Chicago is pretty much a lost cause for Romney). I have also volunteered to act as a Republican election judge in Chicago. I don't know anyone here "on the bench" so to speak, but if I did I would try to persuade them.

WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO? (Let's think outside the box here - do some creative brainstorming) Any thoughts?

--hide--
It may not be much, but I put three bumper stickers on my car: Romney/Ryan-Save America, It's a child not a choice, and my own made-up one: Now it's Really the Economy and Everything Else. (That one really isn't big enough.) I figure I am taking a chance not getting rare ended by some liberal...not all the nicest people in the world I've discovered. I also put the stickers on my parens' car and am hoping they don't get rare ended either.

Sep 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: It may not be much, but I put three bumper stickers on my car: Romney/Ryan-Save America, It's a child not ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

It may not be much, but I put three bumper stickers on my car: Romney/Ryan-Save America, It's a child not a choice, and my own made-up one: Now it's Really the Economy and Everything Else. (That one really isn't big enough.) I figure I am taking a chance not getting rare ended by some liberal...not all the nicest people in the world I've discovered. I also put the stickers on my parens' car and am hoping they don't get rare ended either.

--hide--
I put a Romney-Ryan bumper sticker on someone's wheelchair. Rolling Along laughing
Sep 19th 2012 new
Ok. This is something "small"...but it bore fruit.

I had car problems. While they were fixing the car at the shop, I deliberately changed the television in the waiting room on to Fox News. It's my way to balance out the liberal media's hand in the election and Middle East crisis. Love it....Nobama news.

It worked. An older couple came over and sat beside me. Within minutes the man started to talk to me about the Middle East crisis, the last election, etc. I had a chance to "educate" him on some Obama points, though, I didn't feel too well that day and wasn't at the top of my game.

He was a veteran and went on and on and on about war issues that had nothing with the election weeping but I endured and redirected the conversation back to the election whenever possible.

Yes, definitely, turn waiting room televisions on to Fox News. crossfingers laughing
Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: At my parish they had voter registration before and after each mass. The church then will even mai...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

At my parish they had voter registration before and after each mass. The church then will even mail them. This might be something people could suggest at their parishes.
The homily was amazing, so I emailed my priest for a copy. I am so proud of my priests for taking a stand. Now we all need to back them up!

Dear Laura,

I am pleased to read that you are wrestling with the issues and striving to have a well formed conscience.

READ #31-#39 of Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship. – and suggest that those on your website do the same.

All my homilies between now and the election, with the exception of this coming weekend, can be found at CACATHOLIC / TAKE ACTION/FAITHFUL CITIZENSHIP/ HOMILY GUIDES.

En Cristo,
Fr. Robert

--hide--

Scroll down for 31-39 if you don't want to read the whole thing, this was the part he read at mass.

www.usccb.org

Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Ok. This is something "small"...but it bore fruit. I had car problems. While they were ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Ok. This is something "small"...but it bore fruit.

I had car problems. While they were fixing the car at the shop, I deliberately changed the television in the waiting room on to Fox News. It's my way to balance out the liberal media's hand in the election and Middle East crisis. Love it....Nobama news.

It worked. An older couple came over and sat beside me. Within minutes the man started to talk to me about the Middle East crisis, the last election, etc. I had a chance to "educate" him on some Obama points, though, I didn't feel too well that day and wasn't at the top of my game.

He was a veteran and went on and on and on about war issues that had nothing with the election but I endured and redirected the conversation back to the election whenever possible.

Yes, definitely, turn waiting room televisions on to Fox News.
--hide--

That's a great "sneaky" suggestion, Mary!biggrin

Posts 11 - 20 of 200