Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

09/19/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: At my parish they had voter registration before and after each mass. The church then will even mai...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

At my parish they had voter registration before and after each mass. The church then will even mail them. This might be something people could suggest at their parishes.
The homily was amazing, so I emailed my priest for a copy. I am so proud of my priests for taking a stand. Now we all need to back them up!

Dear Laura,

I am pleased to read that you are wrestling with the issues and striving to have a well formed conscience.

READ #31-#39 of Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship. – and suggest that those on your website do the same.

All my homilies between now and the election, with the exception of this coming weekend, can be found at CACATHOLIC / TAKE ACTION/FAITHFUL CITIZENSHIP/ HOMILY GUIDES.

En Cristo,
Fr. Robert

--hide--

Here is Father's homily
www.cacatholic.org

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: ... Don't forget, the lies told about Obama that were meant to get McCain elected where w...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

... Don't forget, the lies told about Obama that were meant to get McCain elected where what ended up getting Barack in the office. ...

--hide--

I can understand that Mr. Obama's election to the Presidency was in large part the result of lies,

but which of the lies were actually intended to help his opponent ?

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: We have to get Romney/Ryan elected. There are and have been many threads discussing Romney vs. ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

We have to get Romney/Ryan elected. There are and have been many threads discussing Romney vs. Obama. What I would like to hear though are concrete suggestions/thoughts/etc. on what we as individuals can do?

I personally started the Thursday night prayer thread for Romney/Ryan victory. I sent in an online form to RNC to volunteer (but haven't heard back which doesn't surprise me since Chicago is pretty much a lost cause for Romney). I have also volunteered to act as a Republican election judge in Chicago. I don't know anyone here "on the bench" so to speak, but if I did I would try to persuade them.

WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO? (Let's think outside the box here - do some creative brainstorming) Any thoughts?

--hide--

One thing happening, not in our favor, is this latest Quantitative Easing by the Federal Reserve. This should perk
up the stock market in time for the election, even though it has a lot of downside for our economy.

09/20/2012 new

[quote]Marianne-100218 said:

One thing happening, not in our favor, is this latest Quantitative Easing by the Federal Reserve. This should perk
up the stock market in time for the election, even though it has a lot of downside for our economy.

[/qu

So, Marianne, can you think of one concrete thing we could do (as individuals) to counter that?

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: At my parish they had voter registration before and after each mass. The church then will even mai...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

At my parish they had voter registration before and after each mass. The church then will even mail them. This might be something people could suggest at their parishes.
The homily was amazing, so I emailed my priest for a copy. I am so proud of my priests for taking a stand. Now we all need to back them up!

Dear Laura,

I am pleased to read that you are wrestling with the issues and striving to have a well formed conscience.

READ #31-#39 of Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship. – and suggest that those on your website do the same.

All my homilies between now and the election, with the exception of this coming weekend, can be found at CACATHOLIC / TAKE ACTION/FAITHFUL CITIZENSHIP/ HOMILY GUIDES.

En Cristo,
Fr. Robert

--hide--

Laura, it sounds like you have a great parish! And, perhaps those of us who have an amenable priest could suggest this!

09/20/2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) So, Marianne, can you think of one concrete thing we could do (as individuals) to counter that?

[quote]So, Marianne, can you think of one concrete thing we could do (as individuals) to counter that?

--hide--
This election is deeply rooted in a spiritual battle.

I think everyone should immediately have a Mass said for Romney's & Ryan's Victory/Protection. theheart

An individual Mass offering with the Seraphic Mass Association is only $5. They can schedule it for the very next day!

Capuchin's all over the world are united on a list and communicate daily to schedule Masses.

www.seraphicmass.org

(Or have a Mass said elsewhere if it can be said immediately. Retired priests might be able to offer a Mass w/o delay.)
09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: ... perhaps those of us who have an amenable priest could suggest this!

... perhaps those of us who have an amenable priest could suggest this!

--hide--

I think probably almost all priests are Amen-able. smile

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: I think probably almost all priests are Amen-able.
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

I think probably almost all priests are Amen-able.

--hide--

thumbsup

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: This election is deeply rooted in a spiritual battle. I think everyone should immediately...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: This election is deeply rooted in a spiritual battle.

I think everyone should immediately have a Mass said for Romney's & Ryan's Victory/Protection.

An individual Mass offering with the Seraphic Mass Association is only $5. They can schedule it for the very next day!

Capuchin's all over the world are united on a list and communicate daily to schedule Masses.

www.seraphicmass.org

(Or have a Mass said elsewhere if it can be said immediately. Retired priests might be able to offer a Mass w/o delay.)
--hide--

Fantastic idea! I will get right on it!! I love the Passionist community:)

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Raymond-614191 said: Nothing,I would say.Every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it.
(Quote) Raymond-614191 said:

Nothing,I would say.Every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it.

--hide--

I don't think that is accurate at all. After all, he is going against a lightweight as far as skill, experience
and morality are concerned. On the other hand, Obama has mucho experience in deception and
surrounding himself with deviants as you probably know.

Posts 21 - 30 of 200