Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Sep 21st 2012 new

I think it is important for us as Catholics to understand the moral implications of this election and who we must support as Catholics. Once we have a good understanding of this, it is so important to pass this knowledge on to fellow Catholics who might vote based off the issues they see as most critical (regardless of whether or not the Catholic Church sees them as the most critical issues).

There are certain non-negotiable issues that may come up in an election: abortion, euthanasia, torture, homosexuality and divorce. These are intrinsic evils and the Church gives us perfect clarity on where we should stand on these issues. (If you or someone you know isn't clear on it, please reference the Catechism of the Catholic Church).

There are other issues that come up in an election: war, capital punishment, welfare, taxes, green policies, etc. that the Church does not necessarily have a perfectly clear teaching on, but rather leaves it to our judgement on where we stand. Therefore, it is not so critical that we vote for the candidate who supports our view on this second set of issues. While they are important, they should not ever hold priority over any single one of the other issues in the previous paragraph.

So, ask yourself, or ask your friends...which candidate is against the non-negotiable issues the Church sees as intrinsic evils? The answer should be pretty clear.

LOCKED
Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: We have to get Romney/Ryan elected. There are and have been many threads discussing Romney vs. ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

We have to get Romney/Ryan elected. There are and have been many threads discussing Romney vs. Obama. What I would like to hear though are concrete suggestions/thoughts/etc. on what we as individuals can do?

I personally started the Thursday night prayer thread for Romney/Ryan victory. I sent in an online form to RNC to volunteer (but haven't heard back which doesn't surprise me since Chicago is pretty much a lost cause for Romney). I have also volunteered to act as a Republican election judge in Chicago. I don't know anyone here "on the bench" so to speak, but if I did I would try to persuade them.

WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO? (Let's think outside the box here - do some creative brainstorming) Any thoughts?

--hide--
Grit our teeth and continue our support in spite of him sabotaging his own campaign.

LOCKED
Sep 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Laura-56149 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Coming home tonight I was listening to a Pittsburgh radio talk show. T...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Coming home tonight I was listening to a Pittsburgh radio talk show. They were beside themselves about Obama's flag. People find it very offensive. Looking at this flag from a psychological standpoint...it speaks volumes! From the initial reaction I'm hearing and reading, this was a bad move.

As far as Romney goes, I totally agree. He has substance, education, intelligence, and valuable business experience. They need to do a better job of conveying that to the public.

Ryan...well...he doesn't need logos or promos...he just needs a calculator and spread sheets. The VP debate should leave no doubts. Can't wait.




It shows how arrogant he is and sure of how he has pulled the wool over the American people. He is laughing at us because he has gotten away with stepping all over the constitution, using the most gullible and destitute as his weapons to control the public. Haven't people been taught history of other countries?
I was watching a tv show tonight and it was so full of brainwashing it made me sick and mad.

If he gets elected, Americans will deserve what is in their future. I know where my loyalty will be and no one will ever be able to take Christ out of my heart. It will be up to the younger generations that are spoiled and spoon fed to fight for their own freedoms and for their children's, like in the beginning of this country. Why do people have to learn the hard way? Sorry, I am just fed up with the stupidity.

--hide--
Laura,

To me, I "read" this flag from a psychological standpoint. It projects a narcissist socialist leader. A dictator. This represents "Obama's America"! What came to mind was communist flags with faces of Stalin, Lenin, & Mao Zedong. Then, lo and behold, I found veterans saying the same thing about an Obama Flag which flew at a Florida Democratic headquarters...

Vets angry Obama Flag replaced American Flag - www.youtube.com
LOCKED
Sep 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: It may not be much, but I put three bumper stickers on my car: Romney/Ryan-Save America, It's a child not ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

It may not be much, but I put three bumper stickers on my car: Romney/Ryan-Save America, It's a child not a choice, and my own made-up one: Now it's Really the Economy and Everything Else. (That one really isn't big enough.) I figure I am taking a chance not getting rare ended by some liberal...not all the nicest people in the world I've discovered. I also put the stickers on my parens' car and am hoping they don't get rare ended either.

--hide--
I really like this bumper sticker. What do you think?

store.mittromney.com
LOCKED
Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: I think it is important for us as Catholics to understand the moral implications of this election...
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said:

I think it is important for us as Catholics to understand the moral implications of this election and who we must support as Catholics. Once we have a good understanding of this, it is so important to pass this knowledge on to fellow Catholics who might vote based off the issues they see as most critical (regardless of whether or not the Catholic Church sees them as the most critical issues).

There are certain non-negotiable issues that may come up in an election: abortion, euthanasia, torture, homosexuality and divorce. These are intrinsic evils and the Church gives us perfect clarity on where we should stand on these issues. (If you or someone you know isn't clear on it, please reference the Catechism of the Catholic Church).

There are other issues that come up in an election: war, capital punishment, welfare, taxes, green policies, etc. that the Church does not necessarily have a perfectly clear teaching on, but rather leaves it to our judgement on where we stand. Therefore, it is not so critical that we vote for the candidate who supports our view on this second set of issues. While they are important, they should not ever hold priority over any single one of the other issues in the previous paragraph.

So, ask yourself, or ask your friends...which candidate is against the non-negotiable issues the Church sees as intrinsic evils? The answer should be pretty clear.

--hide--


Fantastic advise, Jenny! I wish all young people had your clear view point!

LOCKED
Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Laura-56149 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Coming home to...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Laura-56149 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Coming home tonight I was listening to a Pittsburgh radio talk show. They were beside themselves about Obama's flag. People find it very offensive. Looking at this flag from a psychological standpoint...it speaks volumes! From the initial reaction I'm hearing and reading, this was a bad move.

As far as Romney goes, I totally agree. He has substance, education, intelligence, and valuable business experience. They need to do a better job of conveying that to the public.

Ryan...well...he doesn't need logos or promos...he just needs a calculator and spread sheets. The VP debate should leave no doubts. Can't wait.




It shows how arrogant he is and sure of how he has pulled the wool over the American people. He is laughing at us because he has gotten away with stepping all over the constitution, using the most gullible and destitute as his weapons to control the public. Haven't people been taught history of other countries?
I was watching a tv show tonight and it was so full of brainwashing it made me sick and mad.

If he gets elected, Americans will deserve what is in their future. I know where my loyalty will be and no one will ever be able to take Christ out of my heart. It will be up to the younger generations that are spoiled and spoon fed to fight for their own freedoms and for their children's, like in the beginning of this country. Why do people have to learn the hard way? Sorry, I am just fed up with the stupidity.


Laura,

To me, I "read" this flag from a psychological standpoint. It projects a narcissist socialist leader. A dictator. This represents "Obama's America"! What came to mind was communist flags with faces of Stalin, Lenin, & Mao Zedong. Then, lo and behold, I found veterans saying the same thing about an Obama Flag which flew at a Florida Democratic headquarters...

Vets angry Obama Flag replaced American Flag - www.youtube.com
--hide--



Well, it made me sick to my stomach...like the veterans felt....and yea, you only see that in countries with dictators....but I don't think it was Obama's doing...the making of this flag....either way, he should make sure it is removed from the internet....thank goodness for this federal code about the flag...I didn't know we had one.

LOCKED
Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I really like this bumper sticker. What do you think? store.mittromney.com.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I really like this bumper sticker. What do you think?

store.mittromney.com
--hide--



Yes, it is nice...are you getting it?

LOCKED
Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Laura, To me, I "read" this flag from a psychological standpoint. It projects a narciss...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Laura,

To me, I "read" this flag from a psychological standpoint. It projects a narcissist socialist leader. A dictator. This represents "Obama's America"! What came to mind was communist flags with faces of Stalin, Lenin, & Mao Zedong. Then, lo and behold, I found veterans saying the same thing about an Obama Flag which flew at a Florida Democratic headquarters...

Vets angry Obama Flag replaced American Flag - www.youtube.com
--hide--


Mary, I absolutely agree with you (and psychiatry was actually my best subject area in med school.) I've actually been doing a bit of reading lately about sociopaths and psychopaths and antisocial personality disorder (with narcissism thrown in). These diagnoses seem to be in the process of getting redefined in the medical literature, but there seem to be 2 broad types (1 more criminal and 1 more charismatic). I firmly believe that Obama fits into at least one of these categories. In one of the books written about him, people who knew him referred to him as an "empty shell" which for me is a tipoff that there is serious underlying psychological pathology going on. I would be really interested to see how a psychiatrist would diagnose him. And, although, many politicians would mildly fit some of the characteristics of these personality types, I believe that Obama may be a far more serious and possibly dangerous (for the American people) case.

LOCKED
Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Grit our teeth and continue our support in spite of him sabotaging his own campaign.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Grit our teeth and continue our support in spite of him sabotaging his own campaign.

--hide--


So, how about putting a bumper sticker on your car? I would, but don't own a car since I live downtown(like living in NY). I had however put a poster supporting religious freedom and opposing HHS mandate into my highrise window (got it at one of the religious freedom rallies in Chicago). And, it can actually be seen from the back of a big Chicago hotel whose back windows are about a block away!

LOCKED
Sep 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Laura-56149 said: (Quote)
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Laura-56149 said:



Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Coming home tonight I was listening to a Pittsburgh radio talk show. They were beside themselves about Obama's flag. People find it very offensive. Looking at this flag from a psychological standpoint...it speaks volumes! From the initial reaction I'm hearing and reading, this was a bad move.

As far as Romney goes, I totally agree. He has substance, education, intelligence, and valuable business experience. They need to do a better job of conveying that to the public.

Ryan...well...he doesn't need logos or promos...he just needs a calculator and spread sheets. The VP debate should leave no doubts. Can't wait.




It shows how arrogant he is and sure of how he has pulled the wool over the American people. He is laughing at us because he has gotten away with stepping all over the constitution, using the most gullible and destitute as his weapons to control the public. Haven't people been taught history of other countries?
I was watching a tv show tonight and it was so full of brainwashing it made me sick and mad.

If he gets elected, Americans will deserve what is in their future. I know where my loyalty will be and no one will ever be able to take Christ out of my heart. It will be up to the younger generations that are spoiled and spoon fed to fight for their own freedoms and for their children's, like in the beginning of this country. Why do people have to learn the hard way? Sorry, I am just fed up with the stupidity.




Laura,

To me, I "read" this flag from a psychological standpoint. It projects a narcissist socialist leader. A dictator. This represents "Obama's America"! What came to mind was communist flags with faces of Stalin, Lenin, & Mao Zedong. Then, lo and behold, I found veterans saying the same thing about an Obama Flag which flew at a Florida Democratic headquarters...

Vets angry Obama Flag replaced American Flag - www.youtube.com




Well, it made me sick to my stomach...like the veterans felt....and yea, you only see that in countries with dictators....but I don't think it was Obama's doing...the making of this flag....either way, he should make sure it is removed from the internet....thank goodness for this federal code about the flag...I didn't know we had one.

--hide--
Maybe not the Obama flag which specifically flew at the dem's headquarters...but who knows, maybe he silently approves. However, he certainly is aware of the Obama flag sold and distributed on his own official re-election web site. www.infowars.com

I like the comment made at the end of the clip...so true! www.youtube.com
LOCKED
Posts 41 - 50 of 200