Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I have a 2nd job interview on Oct 1st. I am on the "short list" of people being considered. I ...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I have a 2nd job interview on Oct 1st. I am on the "short list" of people being considered. I might be the only one.

So, please pray that this job opportunity is a good fit for both myself, and for the Catholic employer.

--hide--

clap Praying theheart

09/22/2012 new

DAY 39 - SEPTEMBER 22ND - GLORIOUS MYSTERIES

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: DAY 39 - SEPTEMBER 22ND - GLORIOUS MYSTERIES
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

DAY 39 - SEPTEMBER 22ND - GLORIOUS MYSTERIES

--hide--

After the Ascension, the Apostles and Mary did as Jesus commanded and went to Jerusalem.

They stayed in the Upper Room where they prayed together for the coming of the Advocate, t
he Holy Spirit.

"And I will ask the Father, and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever." -John 14:16

Suddenly a mighty wind came up and blew into the room.

Then above each of their heads appeared a tongue of fire.

"And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit."

Their souls were filled with the gifts of the Holy Spirit and they were able to speak in foreign languages.

This event, The Descent of the Holy Spirit, is called Pentecost and it is the birthday of the Church.

St. Peter went out where a crowd had gathered.

This man who had denied Jesus just a short time ago, preached about the Kingdom of God and about Jesus.

"Peter said to them: Do penance, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of your sins: and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." -Acts 2:38

That day 3,000 people converted and were baptized.

- from www.how-to-pray-the-rosary-everyday.com

09/22/2012 new

7 years ago today, I took a life-saving step. I quit drinking alcohol. Entering a 12-step program helped me finally live the faith I was raised in and never forsook. By working those simple steps that faith finally took the longest journey of all - from my head to my heart. Today life is good. I make half of what I previously did, but I have my family again. I have my health again. For the first time in my life I'm no longer restless, irritable, and discontented all the time. I have hope. I am grateful. There is a GOOD woman in my life whom I plan to marry. I prayed for a solution. I asked Mary to help me. It was grace and prayer that brought me out of that dark valley and into the light. Thank you God. Thank you Mary. Thank you AA.

theheart

09/22/2012 new

I share this on a public forum not to boast of my accomplishment, but to offer hope to anyone who's struggling with alcohol or whose loved one is addicted to alcohol. There is hope. A God who loves us immeasurably is eager to help. All that's necessary is to ask God and to be willing to do what it takes to get well.

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I have a 2nd job interview on Oct 1st. I am on the "short list" of people being considered. I ...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I have a 2nd job interview on Oct 1st. I am on the "short list" of people being considered. I might be the only one.

So, please pray that this job opportunity is a good fit for both myself, and for the Catholic employer.
--hide--

Praying rosary In thanksgiving for Helen's opportunities thus far, and for the recognition of her talents and skills by the interviewers.

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: 7 years ago today, I took a life-saving step. I quit drinking alcohol. Entering a 12-step p...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

7 years ago today, I took a life-saving step. I quit drinking alcohol. Entering a 12-step program helped me finally live the faith I was raised in and never forsook. By working those simple steps that faith finally took the longest journey of all - from my head to my heart. Today life is good. I make half of what I previously did, but I have my family again. I have my health again. For the first time in my life I'm no longer restless, irritable, and discontented all the time. I have hope. I am grateful. There is a GOOD woman in my life whom I plan to marry. I prayed for a solution. I asked Mary to help me. It was grace and prayer that brought me out of that dark valley and into the light. Thank you God. Thank you Mary. Thank you AA.

--hide--
Praying rosary In thanksgiving for God's great mercy and love for all his children, especially you, David. He has made you and instrument of His Peace, and your life has indeed graced many others with His purpose. May you continue to be blessed with the fruits of your journey! hug

09/23/2012 new

DAY 40 - SEPTEMBER 23RD - JOYFUL MYSTERIES

09/23/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: DAY 40 - SEPTEMBER 23RD - JOYFUL MYSTERIES
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

DAY 40 - SEPTEMBER 23RD - JOYFUL MYSTERIES

--hide--

When the days were completed for their purification according to the law of Moses, they took him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord, ust as it is written in the law of the Lord, "Every male that opens the womb shall be consecrated to the Lord," and to offer the sacrifice of "a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons," in accordance with the dictate in the law of the Lord.

Now there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon. This man was righteous and devout, awaiting the consolation of Israel, and the holy Spirit was upon him. It had been revealed to him by the holy Spirit that he should not see death before he had seen the Messiah of the Lord. He came in the Spirit into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus to perform the custom of the law in regard to him, he took him into his arms and blessed God, saying: "Now, Master, you may let your servant go in peace, according to your word, for my eyes have seen your salvation, which you prepared in sight of all the peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and glory for your people Israel." The child's father and mother were amazed at what was said about him; and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be contradicted (and you yourself a sword will pierce) so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."

There was also a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived seven years with her husband after her marriage, and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple, but worshiped night and day with fasting and prayer. And coming forward at that very time, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were awaiting the redemption of Jerusalem. When they had fulfilled all the prescriptions of the law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their own town of Nazareth. The child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him.

- Lk 2: 22-40
09/23/2012 new

Somehow I am off a day with the mysteries. scratchchin Will get back to what it is supposed to be tonight. Must have been one of the days I fell asleep while praying and forgot to turn the page in my prayer book embarassed

Posts 21 - 30 of 131