Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

09/21/2012 new

Way to go Blake! I pray all works well accordingly in, of, through, and with God's love.

I'm sure she thinks you're her dream prince too. biggrin knight-errant theheart Keep us updated, won't you?

D

09/22/2012 new

Blake how wonderful that you have met somone & have taken the next step. There is lots of advice everyone give & that is great. Its good to reach & out see what others say. What matter is how you two decide build your relationship. Communicate with each other, prayer together & attend mass together. Things will fall into place for you. This is a time to learn & grow with each other.

09/22/2012 new

wink

09/23/2012 new

(Quote) Blake-883375 said: Hello all! It's offical! I have recently started courting an amazing woman! She is my dream g...
(Quote) Blake-883375 said:

Hello all! It's offical! I have recently started courting an amazing woman! She is my dream girl, and I praise God for her everyday.

Our question is this: now that we are courting, what suggestions or insights do you all have to give us? (i.e. physical boundaries, stratigies for "where do we go from here" etc...)

--hide--
A desirable, meaningful courtship now can save you trips to a courthouse later on..... cloudnine

10/04/2012 new

You go boy! I too have found someone, but offline, and he is CATHOLIC! I am taking it one day at a time because previously, I found someone here at CM and he lived a slight distance. But I felt that everyday we needed some type of communication in order to bond. Not true because I realized that he kept hinting that he was not ready for committment(or at least not with me). And instead of telling me up front, it appeared that he was feeling guilty so he waited around til I felt uneasy to do the breaking up. Not a nice guy. Anyway, so I faced it and boo-hoo'd a little while. Got back on the saddle and soon after that train-wreck, I met possibly the one. He wants to be married again and so do I but we told each other that we need to bond by fitting into each others lives. We are in that process and I have met his family already and its barely been a month. I know his quirks and am just as comfortable with them as his positive side.

Since I am an old-timer in marriage and dating, I do suggest that you be spontaneous about the little things in life: the surprises keep her wanting to involve herself with you more. And for goodness sakes, don't quit these little acts of kindness: flowers/handling the little things around her house/apt; picking up her grandmother for her,etc. Guys are appreciated way in advance when these things are done. I don't care what some people have been writing about intimacy here; all I know is that holding hands is the sweetest gesture any woman could ask for...unless she is cold and abrasive.

Make Sundays special: invite her to church with you and maybe a picnic afterwards. That way the two of you can feel energized by the word of the day and keep the ball rolling for more personal, meaningful time together. (Dont pull out cell phones,ipads, ipods, etc)

I like what a recent movie said about how men should behave around the women they want to get closer: be yourself. If you are shy, then be shy. She wants to know who you are and accept the unique qualities that make up your natural self. Never try to be someone you arent because the imposter will soon fade away and you will be labeled a fake. This is a downer and dishonest and she will lose trust in you.

Also, put the people she cares about--first. Whether its her dog, her mom, her godson, or her great uncle. These people are her center and if you show that you care about what she cares about, you will make great impact for life.

Hope some of this helps.

Can't wait to hear how the rest of your story pans out.

11/21/2012 new

I would also recommend Fr Morrow's book "Courtship in an Oversexed World" and I also would suggest no french kissing until marriage.

12/14/2012 new

Hi Erin,

What is T.O.B. it is a new term for me?

Regards,

Johnny

12/14/2012 new

(Quote) Johnny-641274 said: Hi Erin,What is T.O.B. it is a new term for me?Regards,Johnny
(Quote) Johnny-641274 said:

Hi Erin,

What is T.O.B. it is a new term for me?

Regards,

Johnny

--hide--

T.O.B. is "Theology of the Body"

theheart

12/14/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: T.O.B. is "Theology of the Body"
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

T.O.B. is "Theology of the Body"

--hide--
Darn, Victor -- all along I thought it was an abbreviated Shakespeare quote: ToB or not ToB...... scratchchin rolling eyes faint

12/14/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Darn, Victor -- all along I thought it was an abbreviated Shakespeare quote: ToB or not ToB......
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Darn, Victor -- all along I thought it was an abbreviated Shakespeare quote: ToB or not ToB......

--hide--

Looks like you've fallen off of your Radio Flyer a few too many times! shocked duck laughing laughing

theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 28