Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Looks like you've fallen off of your Radio Flyer a few too many times! ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Looks like you've fallen off of your Radio Flyer a few too many times!

--hide--
Well, Tim the Tool Man tweeked the wagon a little, so that could have been possible.... laughing

Feb 10th 2013 new

biggrin Congratulations everyone. Prayer for everyone in a relationship.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Get a book of subjects for engaged couples to discuss. It should cover everything, from attitudes towards pets and inlaws to how you want to spend leisure and money.

Discussing these topics with a book
a) makes sure you don't neglect them,
b) forces you both to think about what you like/think and then address what the partner likes/thinks,
c) keeps you busy with meaningful conversation so the dates don't devolve into just movies and making out.

God bless you both with charity and discernment!

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Hi Blake, One thing you might want to consider is finding a Theology of the Body study group....to learn ...
(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Hi Blake, One thing you might want to consider is finding a Theology of the Body study group....to learn about T.O..B. As a couple....could have a profound impact on your relationship as you are possibly preparing for marriage and a family:-)
--hide--

Absolutely, positively agree on TOB - it will help you both whether you stay together or go your separate ways. It changed my life. God bless.

Feb 11th 2013 new

Congratulations Blake. I would greatly recommend the two books mentioned already but I would also like to recommed the two books ABC's of choosing a Good Husband/Wife only because it has great questions at the end that every couple should answer either prior to getting engaged or married. I believe the books can be found at any Catholic bookstore or even online. Best of luck to you. Praying

Feb 28th 2013 new
Congratulations. As a follow up to Marge, listen to comments others make about her. (And vice versa) they know you better and have insight into your personality that may not come through but warran deeper conversation.
Mar 2nd 2013 new

Congratulations and may you both be blessed with wisdom and much joy in this new courtship. My ULTIMATE favorite (which gave me a beautiful perspective of beautiful Catholic dating) is Edward Sri's book: Men, Women, and the Mystery of Love.

www.amazon.com

It is a very easy read (read it in a week's time) and is a great book to share with a loved one whom you are courting. There are good thought-provokin/spiritual/introspective questions at the end of each chapter which are good branch off points for you both to have fruitful conversations. I have recommended this book to everyone I know who is Catholic and considering/searching for "the one."

May God, His angels, both of your guardian angels, and the Holy Family bless you both abundantly and guide you both.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Oh and I should clarify, it is essentially a very good (easy-to-understand) summary of JPII's teaching on Love and Responsibility.

Again, highly recommended - to all CM members ;)

www.amazon.com

Posts 21 - 28 of 28