Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

I just had a heart to heart talk with Gab before prayiing the Wednesday Mother of Perpetual Help Novena..

Me: "Gab, when we lie, we hurt God (I was trying to make him admit a lie).. We don't want to hurt God, do we?"

Gab: "Mommy I could not tell you because I didn't want you to get angry, I just want you to be happy always" (tears flowing, he told me what really happened)

Me: (my heart melting) "Gab, even if Mommy gets upset, you still have to tell the Truth. You just need to pray, say sorry, do better next time and try not to do the same mistake."

Gab: "Are you upset, Mommy?"

Me: "I am not upset, but I feel bad because you lied"

Gab: "Me too, Mommy. I feel so bad. Sorry, mommy ha?" (tears)

Me: (tears) "It's okay Gab. God is good and forgiving, let's go to Confession when we go to Church.. Let's start praying with Mama Mary na" :-)

--- --- ----
May we all remain in His Mercy and Grace..

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Kat-881112 said: I just had a heart to heart talk with Gab before prayiing the Wednesday Mother of Perpe...
(Quote) Kat-881112 said:

I just had a heart to heart talk with Gab before prayiing the Wednesday Mother of Perpetual Help Novena..

Me: "Gab, when we lie, we hurt God (I was trying to make him admit a lie).. We don't want to hurt God, do we?"

Gab: "Mommy I could not tell you because I didn't want you to get angry, I just want you to be happy always" (tears flowing, he told me what really happened)

Me: (my heart melting) "Gab, even if Mommy gets upset, you still have to tell the Truth. You just need to pray, say sorry, do better next time and try not to do the same mistake."

Me: (tears) "It's okay Gab. God is good and forgiving, let's go to Confession when we go to Church.. Let's start praying with Mama Mary na" :-)

--- --- ----

--hide--

theheart thank you. this is beautiful.

i always tell my kids that if they tell me the complete truth they will never be punished, but if they lie to me about what they did or tell me incomplete truth then there will be a consequence. this is not only to teach them not to lie, but also to help them trust me so they will feel comfortable coming to me for help/advice when they have problems.

Sep 20th 2012 new

Hi David,

It was a revelation for me as well. Prior to talking to Gab, I asked the Holy Spirit to guide me how to talk to him as I was feeling really bad that he lied to me.

Hearing Gab's words 'I just want you to be always happy, mommy' made my heart melt. Conflicts, frictions, disagreements in the family may occur but it is our LOVE for the Lord and for each other that should prevail.

fluffy fluffy wave wave cloud cloud

Blessings!!

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Kat-881112 said: I just had a heart to heart talk with...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Kat-881112 said:

--- --- ----

thank you. this is beautiful.

i always tell my kids that if they tell me the complete truth they will never be punished, but if they lie to me about what they did or tell me incomplete truth then there will be a consequence. this is not only to teach them not to lie, but also to help them trust me so they will feel comfortable coming to me for help/advice when they have problems.

--hide--

David,

I appreciate Kat sharing her story and agree with your post. I did the exact same with my two children.

Quick story - about six months after my daughter was married, she called one evening and started asking my advice on a personal situation. I mentioned she and her husband should discuss and come to a conclusion. They did but were at an impasse. Her husband asked her to call me and offer my take. I was so proud that both of them would have that much trust and confidence in me to share such a personal situation and want my advice.....and they took my advice. My son who is still single does the same. It makes me feel good that possibly I did one thing right in life.

Kat - your son will always remember how you have poured your heart and soul for his well-being. Most children will always remember what you did for them. All children will always remember what you did not do for them...........and it has nothing to do with money.

Just my opinion.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Kat-881112 said: I just had a heart to heart talk with Gab before prayiing the Wednesday Mother of Perpe...
(Quote) Kat-881112 said:

--- --- ----

--hide--
God is in control theheart

Sep 20th 2012 new

BEAUTIFUL! :)

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: BEAUTIFUL! :)
(Quote) Tara-539245 said:

BEAUTIFUL! :)

--hide--

What a sweet little boy you have, Kat! And what a good mom you are!

Sep 21st 2012 new
Jar You are a fantastic example of solid Christian parenting, beautiful..
Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kat-881112 said: Hi David, It was a revelation for me as well. Prior to talking to Gab, I asked the Holy Spir...
(Quote) Kat-881112 said:

Hi David,

It was a revelation for me as well. Prior to talking to Gab, I asked the Holy Spirit to guide me how to talk to him as I was feeling really bad that he lied to me.

Hearing Gab's words 'I just want you to be always happy, mommy' made my heart melt. Conflicts, frictions, disagreements in the family may occur but it is our LOVE for the Lord and for each other that should prevail.

Blessings!!

--hide--

Kat, continue on that path!! You did so well! Thank you for sharing ...

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: thank you. this is beautiful. i always tell my kids that if they tell me...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

thank you. this is beautiful.

--hide--

Very well David! The "promised" consequences (for example on a not told lie which one find out later), or also on promises made for whatever reason, is most important to follow up on.

Posts 1 - 10 of 15