Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 29th 2012 new

No split pea soup either. My boss tried to give me a taste. I passed.

I've heard that in China they have such delicacies as stinky fish (fish that has been buried until it reeks), cow's eyes and chicken feet. I think I would probably starve before trying any of that!

Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: No split pea soup either. My boss tried to give me a taste. I passed. I've h...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

No split pea soup either. My boss tried to give me a taste. I passed.

I've heard that in China they have such delicacies as stinky fish (fish that has been buried until it reeks), cow's eyes and chicken feet. I think I would probably starve before trying any of that!

--hide--

Chinese Lutefisk? scratchchin

Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Chinese Lutefisk?
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Chinese Lutefisk?

--hide--

No lutefisk for me, either. My brother tried it once, just to be polite. He put lime jello on it hoping to mask the flavor. It didn't work!

Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: No lutefisk for me, either. My brother tried it once, just to be polite. He put lime jell...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

No lutefisk for me, either. My brother tried it once, just to be polite. He put lime jello on it hoping to mask the flavor. It didn't work!

--hide--

Ceviche

Sep 30th 2012 new

crab - mussels

Sep 30th 2012 new

I generally like to try new things, but I have never had squid, sushi, or salamander.

Sep 30th 2012 new

I've never eaten my hat....although I have been close laughing laughing laughing

Sep 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Katherine-865889 said: I've never eaten my hat....although I have been close
(Quote) Katherine-865889 said:

I've never eaten my hat....although I have been close

--hide--

How about crow? scratchchin
Sep 30th 2012 new

Okay, what is scrapple? I've never heard of it.

Crickets are indeed quite tasty. I had some at a friend's daughter's 1st birthday (which is a big deal) in Korea. However they cooked it, it had a soy sauce kind of flavor.

I have never eaten: rhubarb anything, kangaroo/wallaby (almost got to have some, but had to travel on too soon), scorpions (heard bad reviews from a friend- texture), snake, squirrel, armadillo...

Things I have eaten and don't recommend: boiled silkworm larvae, pig's feet. The silkworm larvae has a mealy texture and no redeeming taste value. The pig's foot tasted like I was licking livestock. Both were offered to me by someone in a spirit of cross-cultural generosity, and I graciously accepted. They weren't so bad that I wouldn't eat a little again to save someone else's feelings, but I would certainly never ASK for any on my own.

Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Okay, what is scrapple? I've never heard of it.
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Okay, what is scrapple? I've never heard of it.

--hide--

en.wikipedia.org

(It taste much better than one might expect reading the description! eyepopping )

Posts 81 - 90 of 100