Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

This article from the Archdiocese of Washington blog is by a priest who makes some excellent points on why we are all not married, and the underlying problems with seeking that one PERFECT person (who does not exist), and why it's an issue for both men and women:

blog.adw.org

09/20/2012 new

Thank you Pat for this great article!

09/20/2012 new
This is s great, common sense article. As I read through it, I found so much of the idealism type thinking that I am guilty of.
09/20/2012 new

There are some excellent comments below the article, w/ replies by the Monsignor.

Thank you for posting Patricia.

09/20/2012 new

Thanks for sharing! Great topic to think about =)

09/20/2012 new
Great article and much truth, I think.
09/20/2012 new

Thankyou Pat for sharing this great article!

09/20/2012 new

Thanks for sharing the article. :)

Although i found this part hilarious:

"Come on now, young people, lets get those marriage numbers up. Whatever the reasons, it’s time to leave mother and father, and just mixing it up with friends, and find a spouse and cling to one another. And when you get married, have lots of babies and raise them Catholic!"

09/20/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-889939 said: Thanks for sharing the article. :) Although i found this part hilarious: &...
(Quote) Victor-889939 said:

Thanks for sharing the article. :)

Although i found this part hilarious:

"Come on now, young people, lets get those marriage numbers up. Whatever the reasons, it’s time to leave mother and father, and just mixing it up with friends, and find a spouse and cling to one another. And when you get married, have lots of babies and raise them Catholic!"

--hide--

Did anyone watch the first video at the end of the article? It really spells out what is happening without using words. EVERYONE should watch it.

09/21/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: This article from the Archdiocese of Washington blog is by a priest who makes some excellent points o...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

This article from the Archdiocese of Washington blog is by a priest who makes some excellent points on why we are all not married, and the underlying problems with seeking that one PERFECT person (who does not exist), and why it's an issue for both men and women:

blog.adw.org

--hide--

Thank you, Pat for sharing. Lots to think about and marinate on. Good article.

Posts 1 - 10 of 58