Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

09/24/2012 new

Hi, Pat - thanks for the article. I appreciate some of the points made, but it's frustrating on some levels because I'm not that woman seeking an ultra-perfect image. I don't have this four page long list of ideals that a man must have before I'll even ponder returning an emotigram or message. I'm just looking for a Godly, Catholic man who loves his God, will pray with me & for me, understands that I have a relationship with Dove dark chocolate, and will take out the trash. My problem is that, even among my wonderful warm parish, I am too old for the young adult ministry and too young for the "singles" ministry. It was actually my 70-something yr old pastor who recommend CM - - - biggrin

So here's praying again that God hastens the days ahead till we all meet the one He has prepared for us!

09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: ... praying ... that God hastens the days ... till we ...meet the one He has prepared ...!
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:
... praying ... that God hastens the days ... till we ...meet the one He has prepared ...!

--hide--
Amen! Praying lovestruck!

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Many people think the best way to communicate is to KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid.
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Many people think the best way to communicate is to KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid.

--hide--
A phrase adopted often. I recognize there's simple and simplistic. There's also child-ish and child-like. There's one quality in each phrase to strive for.

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said:
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

--hide--
In my veiw, there's a depth to relationships, especially complimentary relationships, that goes well beyond finite monetary conditions and other. No intent to be shocking. Simply, expressing what I found.

10/03/2012 new
Awesome article thanks for sharing
10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: This article from the Archdiocese of Washington blog is by a priest who makes some excellent points o...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

This article from the Archdiocese of Washington blog is by a priest who makes some excellent points on why we are all not married, and the underlying problems with seeking that one PERFECT person (who does not exist), and why it's an issue for both men and women:

blog.adw.org

--hide--

I really like the tone of this article, and agree with most of what Father is saying. And though I always hesitate to disagree with a priest, I'm sure he wouldn't mind because this is a non-dogmatic debate. But I didn't like the analogy of the Husband store. To be honest, it was a bit insulting. He touched only briefly on the other issues surrounding pro-longed singlehood such as socio-economic status, education, and uncontrollable life circumstances. And not to mention technology has severely damaged interpersonal communication. Let's face it. People are too afraid to be honest with each other face to face. It's not just about people being too picky. But I agree that our generation has become obsessed with superficial qualities. The media hasn't helped much with that.

On the other side of the coin, sometimes standards can not only be good, but absolutely necessary. For example, I knew of three women who were involved in emotionally abusive relationships. One of the reasons was because they were afraid of being single and didn't think they could do better. In cases of self-esteem and emotional health, standards are an important factor. But too much of a good thing is a bad thing. And using standards to block out all other realities is of course unhealthy.

I know this was mostly rambling. But I just wanted to give some feedback from a single woman with prolonged education which has largely caused my long singlehood. And no, I have not been to the Husband store. I'm waiting for the coupon sale.

10/05/2012 new

I enjoyed that article-thanks for recommending!

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-840453 said: Fascinating, very insightful article.
(Quote) Peter-840453 said:

Fascinating, very insightful article.

--hide--

Thanks for posting Peter. Welcome to the forums!!!

Posts 51 - 58 of 58