Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Sep 21st 2012 new

Praying rosary theheart hug Dove

Sep 21st 2012 new

Praying Praying hug

Sep 21st 2012 new

Jesus, I trust in you. Jesus, I trust in you. Jesus, I trust in you. Keep saying it and mean it with your whole heart and soul, for this is a situation that is already in the Lord's hands and is beyond your control at all levels except prayer!

Sep 21st 2012 new

Wise advice about choosing battles carefully! So important with today's highly dramatic youth...it's too easy for them to take things one step too far.

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said: It is with everything opposite emotion of the woman you see in the profile pic...I am not well,...
(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said:

It is with everything opposite emotion of the woman you see in the profile pic...I am not well, my daughter after we got into a VERY bad fight this a.m. at 6:00, she would not release her car keys to me, due to her breaking curfew. Not sure what time she came home, for I fell asleep at 1130pm and she "says" she was home around midnight ( still past the 10 or 11pm curfew) and fell asleep in her car in the driveway. I didnt buy it so for punishment I attempted to take her car keys. I lost. She is very strong.

***(Yep, she bought her own car, holds down a job, and pays car insurance. gas, etc.) Did I mention single motherhood S*cks? The fight got pretty nasty - I admit to saying some very harmful things. She proceeded to run out the door and into car taking off. I left for work and to take the other kids to school at 7:45am, and assumed she needed cool-down time and she'd take herself to high school. School called 1pm she wasnt there. She has not responded to anyones calls or texts, up until few minutes ago, when her best friend called me quite upset, informing me that my daughter has been driving non-stop since this morning and is in Wisconsin with corn fields all around. She now will be standing up her hockey team tonight, for she has practice.

I am asking for prayers that she comes to her senses and returns home soon. Otherwise, I have to contact all authorities. Which I am not sure why I have not already, still numb. It's been20 min since that call from her BF, assuming it is true....

Thanks you and God Bless,

I believe in the power of prayer, although not as of late.

--hide--

Praying

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: patience - this is the age of drama and it's easy to get caught up in their reactions. trust ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

patience - this is the age of drama and it's easy to get caught up in their reactions. trust god. pick your battles carefully.

--hide--

David, wise response.

Sep 21st 2012 new

my prayers are with you, there is nothing that tears up a parent like their child in trouble. If your child works, earned money for car and insurance and plays hockey you have done a lot of things right. But you should call police because you need to get them started looking for her. I hope you find a good councelor that can repair what will one day be a wonderful relationship. This stuff wont last always but a year or so of counciling will help you and your family build a good future. My prayers are with you and your daughter. Sincerely, from a grandmother who has been there.

Sep 21st 2012 new

Rebecca, I've been in your shoes before, and 16 - 19 were very difficult years for my oldest daughter. She, too, ran away with the car....All you can do is pray, pray, pray, and get cousnseling for both of you. It did help us, although I still have a complicated relationship with her, nearly 10 years later. I'm sending you hugs hug hug and prayers. Praying Praying

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Susan-635047 said: Jesus, I trust in you. Jesus, I trust in you. Jesus, I trust in you. Keep saying it and mean it w...
(Quote) Susan-635047 said:

Jesus, I trust in you. Jesus, I trust in you. Jesus, I trust in you. Keep saying it and mean it with your whole heart and soul, for this is a situation that is already in the Lord's hands and is beyond your control at all levels except prayer!

--hide--

I've been there also, the gut wenching feelings are worse than anything else we've gone through as single parents. angel guardian angels watch over her now.
theheart Jesus, I trust in You, Jesus, I trust in You, Jesus, I trust in You. theheart
Prayer for you and your daughter and all the kids. Praying

Sep 21st 2012 new

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers. I have walked in your shoes and it is scary But you can and must pray,call the police and when she returns safely home get help ! Please keep us posted.

Posts 21 - 30 of 61