Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 25th 2012 new

Actually, if I'm not bragging too much, I did a pretty descent job. It was the first one I ever built from scratch. I'd do some things very differently, but I built it as a learning experience and I learned a lot.

Most of the problems I had were because I was putting it on an existing slab. There had been one of those metal sheds you can get from Sears and such on it. The slab was 3 1/2" short of 10' one way and 3 1/2" longer than 10' the other. Made for a lot of problems trying to figure out dementions. The short side wasn't a big deal, but the long side made for a lot of waste if I didn't take time to figure out where to use the excess.

It was for one of my rentals and the tenant is pleased.

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Nobody's gotta communicate and many of them don't..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Nobody's gotta communicate and many of them don't..

--hide--
Yup -- very true, Donna. What I really meant by that is "ya gotta communicate" or else absolutely nothing will happen.

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: How about for a Browns game, too ?
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

How about for a Browns game, too ?

--hide--

If my future chica watches football then she was watching and cheering on the Vikings as they were beating the 49ers this past Sunday. cool Yeah, baby! Oh and she won't mind if I buy our baby a Vikings onesie. Yeah, baby!

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It i...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It is not that I couldn't hang the fixture myself, I've hung many actually, but what I wanted was to see that look that comes across your face when you grab the ladder and tool box and say, "I got this!" I wanted to see the smug look of satisfaction when it was finished and the task accomplished. I wanted to hear your stomach rumble and you demand "feed me." (A chest pound with the fist would have completed the picture, you get my drift.)

So gentlemen, you want to know, "what does it take?" Touch my soul, get the annulment, honor Holy Mother Church, be real, strive for your best, cherish me, lead me spiritually and more than anything else understand me. (Maybe not necessarily in that order). Yes, some of those things take time, but if we cannot communicate/connect/share, it will never happen and no amount of emails or emotigrams will make a difference. Have I placed certain limits/restrictions? Well yes, and so have you. There has to be an attraction (as you prefer), there has to be an age range that I am comfortable with (as is with you). So if I don't take up contact with some one 12 years my senior or 15 years my junior, it doesn't mean you aren't worthy of a desirable, holy relationship, it just means I'm not her.

Have I met you yet? Maybe, maybe not. But please know that I pray for you, everyday, yes everyday, knowing that when we do figure it out, it's going to be amazing.

Your wife.

P.S. In the meantime, many thanks to my friends (John you're great) who are standing in the gap until you appear.

--hide--

Great thread, Joanna. I too wonder at times what my future wife is doing and it only makes me want to pray for her that much more. God bless you in your search, Joanna.

Sep 25th 2012 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Great thread, Joanna. I too wonder at times what my future wife is doing and it only makes me want to pra...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Great thread, Joanna. I too wonder at times what my future wife is doing and it only makes me want to pray for her that much more. God bless you in your search, Joanna.

--hide--

Thanks Dan. I had no idea this post would generate so much feedback and comments. It has been enlightening and fun too.
Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Maryanne-445800 said: Joanna, it will be amazing,when we meet right one!!!!!
(Quote) Maryanne-445800 said:

Joanna, it will be amazing,when we meet right one!!!!!

--hide--

Yes Maryanne! It will indeed.

Sep 28th 2012 new

Joanna, this is a lovely thread and has elicited some lovely responses. Thank you for sharing it!!

It reminds me a little of the frustration I felt when my husband left me a number of years ago. It was just before Christmas and I couldn't extend the table for my family who were coming round as I just didn't have the strength. Crying out to God, I told Him it wouldn't beat me, that if I had to do it alone, He would have to open that table for me!! But learning to be self-sufficient isn't meant to be...it just isn't the same as having someone else there who also probably also couldn't extend the table and working together with as a team to solve it (I'm sooo much better in a team!!). Self-reliance doesn't work...relying on God does (and apparently He can extend tables too...!!!)

Nicholas' musical reference makes so much sense when applied to relationships. The solos can be beautiful but I love a good harmony!!! In my solo life, I hope that the harmony provided by the Holy Spirit attracts the man I was always meant to be with so that when the annulment is granted we can continue our symphony together.

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-865889 said: . . .I hope that the harmony provided by the Holy Spirit attracts the man I was always meant...
(Quote) Katherine-865889 said:

. . .I hope that the harmony provided by the Holy Spirit attracts the man I was always meant to be with so that when the annulment is granted we can continue our symphony together.

--hide--

How beautiful, Katherine. When our Spirits are united to the Holy Spirit, He cannot help but to produce a musical masterpiece within us.

Blessings on your search.

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-865889 said: Joanna, this is a lovely thread and has elicited some lovely responses. Thank you for sharing...
(Quote) Katherine-865889 said:

Joanna, this is a lovely thread and has elicited some lovely responses. Thank you for sharing it!!

It reminds me a little of the frustration I felt when my husband left me a number of years ago. It was just before Christmas and I couldn't extend the table for my family who were coming round as I just didn't have the strength. Crying out to God, I told Him it wouldn't beat me, that if I had to do it alone, He would have to open that table for me!! But learning to be self-sufficient isn't meant to be...it just isn't the same as having someone else there who also probably also couldn't extend the table and working together with as a team to solve it (I'm sooo much better in a team!!). Self-reliance doesn't work...relying on God does (and apparently He can extend tables too...!!!)

Nicholas' musical reference makes so much sense when applied to relationships. The solos can be beautiful but I love a good harmony!!! In my solo life, I hope that the harmony provided by the Holy Spirit attracts the man I was always meant to be with so that when the annulment is granted we can continue our symphony together.

--hide--

Thank you for writing this, Katherine! It served me as a punch in the arm. When I listen to my son practicing his violin, I hear the beautiful music. But when I attend his lesson and hear him play the same piece with his teacher accompanying him on piano--it's so much richer and even more beautiful! His solo playing was great, but I didn't know what "could be" till I heard the duet.

I enjoy being single...for the most part. But your post made me realize that maybe lately I'd just resigned myself to singledom instead of truly being happy alone. A duet...sounds better. More complex, but more interesting.

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: today, he's one day closer to your arms.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

today, he's one day closer to your arms.

--hide--

Awwww ..... thank you knight-errant David !

faint hyper

Posts 101 - 110 of 171