Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: There is not a moment in which God does not present Himself under the cover of some pain to b...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

There is not a moment in which God does not present Himself under the
cover of some pain to be endured, of some consolation to be enjoyed, or
of some duty to be performed. All that takes place within us, around
us, or through us, contains and conceals His divine action.

(377 pages- any book discussion goups on site?)

--hide--

Funny you should ask...

www.catholicmatch.com

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: I spent two weeks designing, planning, cutting the lumber, assembling, correcting my errors, pai...
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

I spent two weeks designing, planning, cutting the lumber, assembling, correcting my errors, painting, triming it out in aluminum, making an otherwise great 10 ft. x 10 ft. shed, AND ALL THIS TIME ALL YOU WANTED WAS A LIGHT HUNG?

Boy did I screw up.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:I would suggest reading the post I provided the link to. If you're viewing in flat mode, look for Joan...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:I would suggest reading the post I provided the link to. If you're viewing in flat mode, look for Joanna's post with 5 (at this time) thumbs up.
--hide--

OK so having read the first post, and then the one you reference, I just totally miss your point- need to log off, but if you have time another time I would like to discuss where you are coming from- I think the quote I pulled from the book expresses my thoughts well, if ever so obliquely

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Yup -- very true, Donna. What I really meant by that is "ya gotta communicate" or else ab...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Yup -- very true, Donna. What I really meant by that is "ya gotta communicate" or else absolutely nothing will happen.

--hide--

Agreed, knight-errant Ray .... communication is key!

clap clap clap

wave Battling eyelashes

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Great thread, Joanna. I too wonder at times what my future wife is doing and it only makes ...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Great thread, Joanna. I too wonder at times what my future wife is doing and it only makes me want to pray for her that much more. God bless you in your search, Joanna.

--hide--

Prayer is such a wonderful gift for our friends and family .... reaps many rewards .... yowza! Thank you, knight-errant Dan .... you'll make some very luck lady a wonderful husband! All the best!

Yeah, baby! smile

wave

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Thanks Dan. I had no idea this post would generate so much feedback and comments. It has been e...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Thanks Dan. I had no idea this post would generate so much feedback and comments. It has been enlightening and fun too.
--hide--

Yes, princess Joanna .... some very enlightening comments ....

scratchchin

wave hug rose

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-886886 said: Come on down if you want and we could elope(sp). Ha...Dan
(Quote) Dan-886886 said:

Come on down if you want and we could elope(sp). Ha...

Dan

--hide--

DAN!!! Was that a proposal? Where's the ring? The annulment? The flowers? The champagne!!!??? wide eyed

09/29/2012 new
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It is not that I...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It is not that I couldn't hang the fixture myself, I've hung many actually, but what I wanted was to see that look that comes across your face when you grab the ladder and tool box and say, "I got this!" I wanted to see the smug look of satisfaction when it was finished and the task accomplished. I wanted to hear your stomach rumble and you demand "feed me." (A chest pound with the fist would have completed the picture, you get my drift.)

So gentlemen, you want to know, "what does it take?" Touch my soul, get the annulment, honor Holy Mother Church, be real, strive for your best, cherish me, lead me spiritually and more than anything else understand me. (Maybe not necessarily in that order). Yes, some of those things take time, but if we cannot communicate/connect/share, it will never happen and no amount of emails or emotigrams will make a difference. Have I placed certain limits/restrictions? Well yes, and so have you. There has to be an attraction (as you prefer), there has to be an age range that I am comfortable with (as is with you). So if I don't take up contact with some one 12 years my senior or 15 years my junior, it doesn't mean you aren't worthy of a desirable, holy relationship, it just means I'm not her.

Have I met you yet? Maybe, maybe not. But please know that I pray for you, everyday, yes everyday, knowing that when we do figure it out, it's going to be amazing.

Your wife.

P.S. In the meantime, many thanks to my friends (John you're great) who are standing in the gap until you appear.

--hide--

09/29/2012 new

Well, until that time, I've been stocking up on replacement light fixtures in anticipation.

09/29/2012 new

I know how you feel!

Here's a thought I've been wondering about lately...they say that love finds you when you stop looking for it or least expect it. Yet, others say to put yourself out there and seek it. So, here we all are on a dating site, hoping to find our significant others via this means. I know of several successful matches and marriages that have come out of using CM so it definitely works for some...but doesn't doing online dating and seeking through this means go against the stopping and looking for it mentality?

I immensely enjoy the blogs and forums where we can hear from each other stories and perspectives of the journey! Thanks for sharing!!

Posts 121 - 130 of 171