Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-865889 said: . Self-reliance doesn't work...relying on God does (and apparently He can extend tables t...
(Quote) Katherine-865889 said:

. Self-reliance doesn't work...relying on God does (and apparently He can extend tables too...!!!)

Nicholas' musical reference makes so much sense when applied to relationships. The solos can be beautiful but I love a good harmony!!! In my solo life, I hope that the harmony provided by the Holy Spirit attracts the man I was always meant to be with so that when the annulment is granted we can continue our symphony together.

--hide--

So true! After my wife passed (almost a year ago), I encountered a lot of problems. The more I worried about them, the worse they got. So one day I said, God I can't cope with all this worry. Will you please solve these messes?" One by one, problems disappeared on their own. After thanking him profusely, I said, how about this last one. A little voice in my mind said, Oh I saved that one just for you.

God has a sense of humor, but enlightens us enough to know, if we are listening, that he laughs with us and not at us.

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Megan-792062 said: I know how you feel! Here's a thought I've been wondering about lately...they say ...
(Quote) Megan-792062 said:

I know how you feel!

Here's a thought I've been wondering about lately...they say that love finds you when you stop looking for it or least expect it. Yet, others say to put yourself out there and seek it. So, here we all are on a dating site, hoping to find our significant others via this means. I know of several successful matches and marriages that have come out of using CM so it definitely works for some...but doesn't doing online dating and seeking through this means go against the stopping and looking for it mentality?

I immensely enjoy the blogs and forums where we can hear from each other stories and perspectives of the journey! Thanks for sharing!!

--hide--

No one knows God's plan, so it could be silly to try and second guess Him. We simply should do our best at any thing we do and rely on God to choose the tme, the place, and the how. And of course, the who.

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-861636 said: Don't worry too much about that. Assumptions over such things can more readily change if t...
(Quote) Patrick-861636 said:

Don't worry too much about that. Assumptions over such things can more readily change if the proper inspiration is given.
--hide--

Exactly. Even our preconceived notions of parameters of choice can dissolve if we meet the one we were made for.

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: He's cute, but not what I had in mind . . . Mr. Husband had better get...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

He's cute, but not what I had in mind . . . Mr. Husband had better get a move on, I've hung 2 more light fixtures, hung window treatments, shelved a closet and carried furniture UPSTAIRS! By the time he finally makes an appearance there won't be anything left to do! (except, maybe carry ME upstairs)

--hide--

Maybe that's his plan. laughing laughing laughing

10/05/2012 new

Come on CM men . . .WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Why hasn't anyone stood up and said "Here I am?" How often does a woman of such quality cross your path?

Get on it. Chop chop!! You snooze, you lose!!

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Helen-869828 said: Maybe, some of us here are being idealistic or have a very high expectations that's why we ca...
(Quote) Helen-869828 said:

Maybe, some of us here are being idealistic or have a very high expectations that's why we cannot find the right one because our ideal woman/man never existed.

--hide--

I absolutely agree

10/05/2012 new
So what did you mean?? I be dense!
10/05/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Come on CM men . . .WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? Why hasn't anyone stood up and said &q...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Why hasn't anyone stood up and said "Here I am?" How often does a woman of such quality cross your path?

--hide--

Well, she's already stated no more than 12 years senior. So, David, maybe you should take your own advice!

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: Well, she's already stated no more than 12 years senior. So, David, maybe you sho...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

Well, she's already stated no more than 12 years senior. So, David, maybe you should take your own advice!

--hide--

sorry. i would if i could but i can't so i won't.

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Come on CM men . . .WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? Why hasn't anyone stood up and said &q...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

--hide--
So slow .They just wouldn't take the bait.

Come on guys .We only live once. cupid

I hope mine is reading this wink

Posts 151 - 160 of 171