Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 24th 2012 new
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Nope. No boots necessary. I was just noting that among many, both Male and Female we cant or wont move. May...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Nope. No boots necessary. I was just noting that among many, both

Male and Female we cant or wont move. May make it a tad harder.
--hide--

I see your point.
Sep 24th 2012 new
But then again, nothings to hard for God! Hang in there everyone!!
Sep 24th 2012 new

I spent two weeks designing, planning, cutting the lumber, assembling, correcting my errors, painting, triming it out in aluminum, making an otherwise great 10 ft. x 10 ft. shed, AND ALL THIS TIME ALL YOU WANTED WAS A LIGHT HUNG?

Boy did I screw up.

faint faint
laughing laughing

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: there are some basics that He must accomplish in our lives first. Are we wounded? To bring that wounde...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: there are some basics that He must accomplish in our lives first. Are we wounded? To bring that woundedness into a relationship (or to have our future spouse bring unhealed woundedness into our relationship) does not lay very good foundations and peace is fleeting. Are we in need of growth or maturity in an area? Spiritual growth is on going and if we are not moving forward, we are moving backward. Some people (I'm guilty of it too) get complacent in their Spiritual walk and God wants to bring us higher.

Answers to these questions are found in heartfelt, humble prayer. I have a hard time with the humble part, I AM choleric. But when I do these things there are amazing graces that come into my life and I change, really change on a core, heart, soul, deep, bone marrow (thanks Nicholas) level.

Then we wait (Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord).

I also believe God likes to surprise us.

Blessings Myriam on your search. I pray God surprises you (heck BOTH of us) soon.
--hide--

Well said Joanna. We don't have to be perfect but some things might be best to be worked out within us first before the other would see our beauty. Yet some can see the wonder in another who hasn't healed yet, and love would be all that is needed to smooth and polish her soul, i am thinking of myself and the love that my second husband offered, absolutly amazing how much love can heal!!

Sep 24th 2012 new

Joanna, I guess almost everyone here have the same question. I myself sometimes ask, "What takes him so long to find me?" Getting tired of it somehow so I just whisper, "Thy will be done Lord." I will pray for you as I pray for everyone in search for true love!

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I am not frustrated. Really! It was a sincere question. I REALLY want to know. Maybe he isn't on th...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I am not frustrated. Really! It was a sincere question. I REALLY want to know. Maybe he isn't on this site yet. Maybe he's not ready for me, or I'm not ready for him. Maybe he needs to move closer, or further away. Maybe he's watching football or studying Theology. Maybe maybe maybe. I do know that if God isn't involved I am not interested.
--hide--

TRUE. We each want to know. Kudos to you for speaking this out here! It often helps to say what many others are thinking too. Many are wondering and share your same sentiments! wink

Sep 25th 2012 new
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: I spent two weeks designing, planning, cutting the lumber, assembling, correcting my errors, painting, triming...
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

I spent two weeks designing, planning, cutting the lumber, assembling, correcting my errors, painting, triming it out in aluminum, making an otherwise great 10 ft. x 10 ft. shed, AND ALL THIS TIME ALL YOU WANTED WAS A LIGHT HUNG?

Boy did I screw up.

--hide--

Maybe you should have ASKED first. Never mind, I would have wanted the shed built AND the light hung! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Thanks for making me laugh out loud today!
Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I am not frustrated. Really! It was a sincere question. I REALLY want to know. Maybe he isn't on th...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I am not frustrated. Really! It was a sincere question. I REALLY want to know. Maybe he isn't on this site yet. Maybe he's not ready for me, or I'm not ready for him. Maybe he needs to move closer, or further away. Maybe he's watching football or studying Theology. Maybe maybe maybe. I do know that if God isn't involved I am not interested.
--hide--

My friend Pat met her husband Dan on here..She and I had signed up and become Forum posters around the same time. Pat and Dan became 'a couple' at about the one year mark of us being here.. They've been married 5 years now and I'm still waiting for my Dan.. Pat keeps saying "The man for you just isn't ready yet." That is cold comfort for someone who has been single for 21 years.. weeping

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It ...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It is not that I couldn't hang the fixture myself, I've hung many actually, but what I wanted was to see that look that comes across your face when you grab the ladder and tool box and say, "I got this!" I wanted to see the smug look of satisfaction when it was finished and the task accomplished. I wanted to hear your stomach rumble and you demand "feed me." (A chest pound with the fist would have completed the picture, you get my drift.)

So gentlemen, you want to know, "what does it take?" Touch my soul, get the annulment, honor Holy Mother Church, be real, strive for your best, cherish me, lead me spiritually and more than anything else understand me. (Maybe not necessarily in that order). Yes, some of those things take time, but if we cannot communicate/connect/share, it will never happen and no amount of emails or emotigrams will make a difference. Have I placed certain limits/restrictions? Well yes, and so have you. There has to be an attraction (as you prefer), there has to be an age range that I am comfortable with (as is with you). So if I don't take up contact with some one 12 years my senior or 15 years my junior, it doesn't mean you aren't worthy of a desirable, holy relationship, it just means I'm not her.

Have I met you yet? Maybe, maybe not. But please know that I pray for you, everyday, yes everyday, knowing that when we do figure it out, it's going to be amazing.

Your wife.

P.S. In the meantime, many thanks to my friends (John you're great) who are standing in the gap until you appear.

--hide--

Joanna, it will be amazing,when we meet right one!!!!!

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Well, being on CM should help.... Everyone's gotta communicate, for starters....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Well, being on CM should help....

Everyone's gotta communicate, for starters....

--hide--

Nobody's gotta communicate and many of them don't.. boggled

Posts 91 - 100 of 171