Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

What happens

Sep 21st 2012 new

When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??

Sep 21st 2012 new

I have had the same trouble. I began to pray a lot about it. I started visiting all the Young Adult and Single groups I could find(thats if you have them in your area) and began spending more and more time before the Blessed Sacrament. I read a book call "Living Alone: The Spiritual Dimension" it talks a lot about lonliness and how to embrace it and the difference between lonliness and aloness. If you can find a spiritual director to help you, you may find so answers there too, because you maybe going through a period of desolation. One thing I have learned in life, and is also mentioned in the book, is to look for ways to minister to other Catholics regardless of age and find oppurtunities to volunteer. This time maybe difficult, but if you draw closer to God during this you will be helping yourself and others around you how maybe looking for help too. I came out of it closer to God, finding friens, and a desire to help others who are experiencing the same thing. God bless you, I will pray for you.

Sep 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Gavin-123036 said: When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??
(Quote) Gavin-123036 said:

When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??

--hide--

Talk to your Priest -- there may be an area you are interested in and can volunteer time to a good cause. I know several churches around here have October festivals and such that need volunteers. Good way to make new friends.... hug
Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Gavin-123036 said: When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...ne...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Gavin-123036 said:

Talk to your Priest -- there may be an area you are interested in and can volunteer time to a good cause. I know several churches around here have October festivals and such that need volunteers. Good way to make new friends....
--hide--

Go find yourself an protestant open denomination church and go. You'll learn from them how to make friends, how to approach people openly and you'll probably find some other Cathlics there. The preaching is great, the singing is great, the fellowship is great and you WON'T go to hell - I never came back with burnt tail-feather!

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-899707 said: I have had the same trouble. I began to pray a lot about it. I started visiting all the Young A...
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said:

I have had the same trouble. I began to pray a lot about it. I started visiting all the Young Adult and Single groups I could find(thats if you have them in your area) and began spending more and more time before the Blessed Sacrament. I read a book call "Living Alone: The Spiritual Dimension" it talks a lot about lonliness and how to embrace it and the difference between lonliness and aloness. If you can find a spiritual director to help you, you may find so answers there too, because you maybe going through a period of desolation. One thing I have learned in life, and is also mentioned in the book, is to look for ways to minister to other Catholics regardless of age and find oppurtunities to volunteer. This time maybe difficult, but if you draw closer to God during this you will be helping yourself and others around you how maybe looking for help too. I came out of it closer to God, finding friens, and a desire to help others who are experiencing the same thing. God bless you, I will pray for you.

--hide--

Patrick,

I would of thought instead of giving him a book title to read, or prayers to say, or directing him to a spiritual director, that maybe you would invite him to be your Catholic friend, and talk with him. That's what friends are for.

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Gavin-123036 said: When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...ne...
Quote:
Gavin-123036 said:

Talk to your Priest -- there may be an area you are interested in and can volunteer time to a good cause. I know several churches around here have October festivals and such that need volunteers. Good way to make new friends....
--hide--

Brenda,

I would of thought maybe, instead of sending him to a priest, and then making him work as a volunteer, that you would would reach out and invite him to talk to you as a friend, yes a Catholic friend. That's what friends are for.

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: (Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Gavin-123036 said: Wh...
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

Quote:
Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Gavin-123036 said:

Go find yourself an protestant open denomination church and go. You'll learn from them how to make friends, how to approach people openly and you'll probably find some other Cathlics there. The preaching is great, the singing is great, the fellowship is great and you WON'T go to hell - I never came back with burnt tail-feather!

--hide--

Stephen,

I am not surprised at all for your recommendations. Wouldn't Jesus want to see you become a friend to him? What would Jesus want you to do?

Can you see Jesus in the eyes of a friend?

Sep 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Brenda,I would of thought maybe, instead of sending him to a priest, and then making him w...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Brenda,

I would of thought maybe, instead of sending him to a priest, and then making him work as a volunteer, that you would would reach out and invite him to talk to you as a friend, yes a Catholic friend. That's what friends are for.

--hide--

I only recommended ideas of what I have done over the years, and yes it helps. Since I am obviously a bit older I figured talking o his Priest and getting involved in his parish he might find friends in his own age group. I have chatted with Gavin in group chat from time to time and he is a really nice young man. If he chooses to email me privately that is entirely up to him. I can always use more friends. angel
Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Gavin-123036 said: When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??
(Quote) Gavin-123036 said:

--hide--

Gavin,

I am sorry that you had such responses, it has saddend my heart greatly to see our Catholic response so cool mannered, it is easy to say go see a priest, get a spiritual director, go work at the church, donate your time and talent, go read this book.....it has great advice. Better yet got to the protestant church!

This a disgrace, a Catholic site adertising for make new friends, and to meet the special one! And you reach out for a friend, and this is the answers you get.... !!!

You can call me anytime, I am not your age nor the one, but I sure can be a Catholic friend. Bless you, with the love of Jesus Christ, you will find friends.

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Brenda,I would of thought maybe, i...
Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Brenda,

I only recommended ideas of what I have done over the years, and yes it helps. Since I am obviously a bit older I figured talking o his Priest and getting involved in his parish he might find friends in his own age group. I have chatted with Gavin in group chat from time to time and he is a really nice young man. If he chooses to email me privately that is entirely up to him. I can always use more friends.
--hide--

Invite him...be a friend, age is not important in friendship. He said a Catholic friend. Are we not Catholic?

Posts 1 - 10 of 31