Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Go find yourself an protestant open denomination church and go. You'll learn from ...
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

Go find yourself an protestant open denomination church and go. You'll learn from them how to make friends, how to approach people openly and you'll probably find some other Cathlics there. The preaching is great, the singing is great, the fellowship is great and you WON'T go to hell - I never came back with burnt tail-feather!

--hide--

I have to agree with you Stephen. Catholics attend a variety of non denoinational churches now. The first time I went to hear Pastor Mccoy at Calvary Church I ran into several of my fellow Catholic friends who had been in the catholic singles group with me for the past eight years. We all sat together and worshiped together. It can't get much better than that!

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-899707 said: I have had the same trouble. I began to pray a lot about it. I started visiting all the Young A...
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said:

I have had the same trouble. I began to pray a lot about it. I started visiting all the Young Adult and Single groups I could find(thats if you have them in your area) and began spending more and more time before the Blessed Sacrament. I read a book call "Living Alone: The Spiritual Dimension" it talks a lot about lonliness and how to embrace it and the difference between lonliness and aloness. If you can find a spiritual director to help you, you may find so answers there too, because you maybe going through a period of desolation. One thing I have learned in life, and is also mentioned in the book, is to look for ways to minister to other Catholics regardless of age and find oppurtunities to volunteer. This time maybe difficult, but if you draw closer to God during this you will be helping yourself and others around you how maybe looking for help too. I came out of it closer to God, finding friens, and a desire to help others who are experiencing the same thing. God bless you, I will pray for you.

--hide--

what great advice Patrick!

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Talk to your Priest -- there may be an area you are interested in and can volunteer time to a go...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Talk to your Priest -- there may be an area you are interested in and can volunteer time to a good cause. I know several churches around here have October festivals and such that need volunteers. Good way to make new friends....
--hide--

I agree with you Brenda. The first time I ran the coffee booth at the carnival I met a lot of very nice people that day. The more we get out and do something active it helps to take our mind off of our depression. This is the best time of year to start too since the carnivals will be coming up.

Sep 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Gavin-123036 said: When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??
(Quote) Gavin-123036 said:

When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??

--hide--
Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Gavin-123036 said: When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??
(Quote) Gavin-123036 said:

When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??

--hide--

continue to reach out to all of us here. many will post to this forum, try sharing with one.

but all we can do is write and that is not the same as being in person sharing. So talk to your priest, family member, close friend. Get out and do something, even if its by yourself. Sometimes going out to eat by yourself gives you the opportunity to meet others. Take a walk. Pray.

Praying

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Gavin,I am sorry that you had such responses, it has saddend my heart greatly...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Gavin,

I am sorry that you had such responses, it has saddend my heart greatly to see our Catholic response so cool mannered, it is easy to say go see a priest, get a spiritual director, go work at the church, donate your time and talent, go read this book.....it has great advice. Better yet got to the protestant church!

This a disgrace, a Catholic site adertising for make new friends, and to meet the special one! And you reach out for a friend, and this is the answers you get.... !!!

You can call me anytime, I am not your age nor the one, but I sure can be a Catholic friend. Bless you, with the love of Jesus Christ, you will find friends.

--hide--
Wow Cindy,

I feel that the disgrace here is the way you have condemned the ones offering suggestions to Gavin. These folks posted in a kind, loving, charitable, and helpful way. Just because you didn't like what they had to say, doesn't make it a disgrace.

Shame on YOU!!!!

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Wow Cindy, I feel that the disgrace here is the way you have condemned the ones o...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Wow Cindy,

I feel that the disgrace here is the way you have condemned the ones offering suggestions to Gavin. These folks posted in a kind, loving, charitable, and helpful way. Just because you didn't like what they had to say, doesn't make it a disgrace.

Shame on YOU!!!!

--hide--

TY Linda for your response, Patrick and Brenda will read this and feel much better. I know I do.

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Gavin,I am sorry that you h...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Gavin,

I am sorry that you had such responses, it has saddend my heart greatly to see our Catholic response so cool mannered, it is easy to say go see a priest, get a spiritual director, go work at the church, donate your time and talent, go read this book.....it has great advice. Better yet got to the protestant church!

This a disgrace, a Catholic site adertising for make new friends, and to meet the special one! And you reach out for a friend, and this is the answers you get.... !!!

You can call me anytime, I am not your age nor the one, but I sure can be a Catholic friend. Bless you, with the love of Jesus Christ, you will find friends.

Wow Cindy,

Shame on YOU!!!!

--hide--

No, not at all. No shame on me, I couldn't help to feel the sadness that comes in the heart of another, how many times have I read over and over to another, read this book, go take a walk, volunteer your time, see a spiritual advisor, go and pray, go do this and that....and on and on.

I am sorry I said it in this manner, yes, you are all right.......it was good advice.....to that point of giving advice, but from the heart I felt something else, not to condemn, but I saw Jesus. It takes a lot of courage and humility to start a thread crying out looking for real Catholic friends,especially for a man to do this, a friend, somebody to talk to, age is not important, writing is one thing, but isn't there anybody here, that isn't afraid to reach out and actually talk to the person, on the phone, or chat.

Say what you want to me, for I am very sad over this, did you ever cry your heart out, needing a friend?

What is happening to our Catholic church? We now direct others to go to the Protestant churches to meet friends and meet Catholics and have a good and worship too. How does that reflect on the Catholic church? That is pretty sad. And aren't we so quick to get in there and give it right back, it must good to do that. Perhaps there is a lack of understanding, of compassion.
Who needs friends? So, I will buy that book, go volunteer til I drop, I will go and pray endlessly, then I will join the protestants to meet real friends?

Go ahead hit me.

Sep 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: No, not at all. No shame on me, I couldn't help to feel the sadness that comes in the heart...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

No, not at all. No shame on me, I couldn't help to feel the sadness that comes in the heart of another, how many times have I read over and over to another, read this book, go take a walk, volunteer your time, see a spiritual advisor, go and pray, go do this and that....and on and on.

I am sorry I said it in this manner, yes, you are all right.......it was good advice.....to that point of giving advice, but from the heart I felt something else, not to condemn, but I saw Jesus. It takes a lot of courage and humility to start a thread crying out looking for real Catholic friends,especially for a man to do this, a friend, somebody to talk to, age is not important, writing is one thing, but isn't there anybody here, that isn't afraid to reach out and actually talk to the person, on the phone, or chat.

Say what you want to me, for I am very sad over this, did you ever cry your heart out, needing a friend?

What is happening to our Catholic church? We now direct others to go to the Protestant churches to meet friends and meet Catholics and have a good and worship too. How does that reflect on the Catholic church? That is pretty sad. And aren't we so quick to get in there and give it right back, it must good to do that. Perhaps there is a lack of understanding, of compassion.
Who needs friends? So, I will buy that book, go volunteer til I drop, I will go and pray endlessly, then I will join the protestants to meet real friends?

Go ahead hit me.

--hide--

Cindy

I think you offered a little different perspective on things, not bad. I know Gavin can use friends like you and like all those who have posted on here. We ALL can, in my own life when I am going through difficult times I have a tendency to push people away. Last year when my son was in a coma for a week before he passed away, my church family did not wait to be invited to come sit with me and my family in the hospital, they just showed up. It was during that time that I came to realize if I have ever felt lost or alone it has always been because I never talked to the very group that know me best. I am certain I probably failed to write enough on my individual thank you cards.

Over the years I have been part of two church families and both were kind and compassionate during my time of need. For me what helps most on the volunteering is those projects like a fall carnival that gets you outside and my booth either being manned by two people or close enough to another booth so I can chat with someone in between customers. Virtual friends are great and I would like to be both yours and Gavin's, but the hugs virtually just aren't enough sometimes....
Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: No, not at all. No shame on me, I coul...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Go ahead hit me.

Cindy

I think you offered a little different perspective on things, not bad. I know Gavin can use friends like you and like all those who have posted on here. We ALL can, in my own life when I am going through difficult times I have a tendency to push people away. Last year when my son was in a coma for a week before he passed away, my church family did not wait to be invited to come sit with me and my family in the hospital, they just showed up. It was during that time that I came to realize if I have ever felt lost or alone it has always been because I never talked to the very group that know me best. I am certain I probably failed to write enough on my individual thank you cards.

Over the years I have been part of two church families and both were kind and compassionate during my time of need. For me what helps most on the volunteering is those projects like a fall carnival that gets you outside and my booth either being manned by two people or close enough to another booth so I can chat with someone in between customers. Virtual friends are great and I would like to be both yours and Gavin's, but the hugs virtually just aren't enough sometimes....
--hide--

hug Thank you Brenda for your kindness and understanding, your insight is marvelous.

I too, had awesome experiences of of being stuck completely alone and thought I was abandoned, only to to surprised that right when you think your not going to make it, or get through a crisis, Jesus shows up with a multitude of friends. People who I didn't know, they were Catholics, and we befriended. That is when I saw Jesus in their eyes. We never know when Jesus will come knocking on our door.

Posts 11 - 20 of 31