Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Sep 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Thank you Brenda for your kindness and understanding, your insight is marvelous. ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Thank you Brenda for your kindness and understanding, your insight is marvelous.

I too, had awesome experiences of of being stuck completely alone and thought I was abandoned, only to to surprised that right when you think your not going to make it, or get through a crisis, Jesus shows up with a multitude of friends. People who I didn't know, they were Catholics, and we befriended. That is when I saw Jesus in their eyes. We never know when Jesus will come knocking on our door.

--hide--

hug Jesus is always close by.....
Sep 22nd 2012 new

Gavin wave hug Praying when you are lonely and down and anxious don't isolate yourself. Reach out and go in the chat rooms or message people - someone will always respond (if it isn't me, that's only because of the timezone) and God will use them to put that smile back on your face.

Those of you who have responded to Gavin, he really could do with friends who are close by who can meet with him as well as those of us who chat with him online - particularly men who are strong in the faith. I will continue praying that some of you choose to do that. rosary Praying hug

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-899707 said: I have had the same trouble. I began to pray a lot about it. I started visiting all the Young A...
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said:

I have had the same trouble. I began to pray a lot about it. I started visiting all the Young Adult and Single groups I could find(thats if you have them in your area) and began spending more and more time before the Blessed Sacrament. I read a book call "Living Alone: The Spiritual Dimension" it talks a lot about lonliness and how to embrace it and the difference between lonliness and aloness. If you can find a spiritual director to help you, you may find so answers there too, because you maybe going through a period of desolation. One thing I have learned in life, and is also mentioned in the book, is to look for ways to minister to other Catholics regardless of age and find oppurtunities to volunteer. This time maybe difficult, but if you draw closer to God during this you will be helping yourself and others around you how maybe looking for help too. I came out of it closer to God, finding friens, and a desire to help others who are experiencing the same thing. God bless you, I will pray for you.

--hide--

And Patrick - welcome to the forums - I see your post to Gav was the first you have posted. That makes you a pretty special guy to offer a kind word to another man who is struggling. Gavin will recognise in your response some things that others have said to him too. :D

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-865889 said: And Patrick - welcome to the forums - I see your post to Gav was the first you h...
(Quote) Katherine-865889 said:

And Patrick - welcome to the forums - I see your post to Gav was the first you have posted. That makes you a pretty special guy to offer a kind word to another man who is struggling. Gavin will recognise in your response some things that others have said to him too. :D

--hide--

This thread has something to offer everyone who reads it. Lonliness is difficult to overcome but with our online friends by our sides we can always count on someone being near. We live in a tough world where making friendships in the outside world isn't all that easy. With motivation though it can be done. I believe it is a choice. whether we choose to stay indoors on our computers or go outside to festivals, alone, to meet others to work with in booths. Once we take the first step in the right direction the rest is easy.

Sep 23rd 2012 new

Your individual prayer life should lead you to a community of common believers. Continue to pray and attend Mass. Volunteer at church events or charitable endeavours – soup kitchens, St. Vincent de Paul, etc.

If you would like to reach out to fellow Christians, other faith communities will have barbecues, festivals, suppers and so on that offer pleasant opportunities to socialize. While even I used to a enjoy a listening to Billy Graham on TV, I personally would not recommend attending other religious services. It can be a fine line between sharing Christian fellowship and common Christian teachings on the one hand, and having someone tell you how "wrong" Catholics are on this or that element of doctrine. When you are lonely, it can be easy to wander away from your faith practices to seek spiritual comfort elsewhere. It is not about having a “burnt tail-feather”, but staying true to who you are, what you believe and perhaps even how you were raised. Just my two cents

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Your individual prayer life should lead you to a community of common believers. Continue to pray...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Your individual prayer life should lead you to a community of common believers. Continue to pray and attend Mass. Volunteer at church events or charitable endeavours – soup kitchens, St. Vincent de Paul, etc.

If you would like to reach out to fellow Christians, other faith communities will have barbecues, festivals, suppers and so on that offer pleasant opportunities to socialize. While even I used to a enjoy a listening to Billy Graham on TV, I personally would not recommend attending other religious services. It can be a fine line between sharing Christian fellowship and common Christian teachings on the one hand, and having someone tell you how "wrong" Catholics are on this or that element of doctrine. When you are lonely, it can be easy to wander away from your faith practices to seek spiritual comfort elsewhere. It is not about having a “burnt tail-feather”, but staying true to who you are, what you believe and perhaps even how you were raised. Just my

--hide--
I'm sorry to have to disagree with you for your statement. I've been to a variety of Protestant Churches, all of whom welcome all faiths to gather in the name of God. Please share with me your experience with a pastor you have heard say that the Catholic doctrine is all wrong.

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: I'm sorry to have to disagree with you for your statement. I've been to a variety of Prot...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

I'm sorry to have to disagree with you for your statement. I've been to a variety of Protestant Churches, all of whom welcome all faiths to gather in the name of God. Please share with me your experience with a pastor you have heard say that the Catholic doctrine is all wrong.

--hide--

Your experience with other denominations may have been positive. That is your experience. It is not a universal fact, nor do I think that every Catholic should start running to Protestant services because everyone there is just "so friendly".

I have met many wonderful people of other faiths during my lifetime, many of whom I call my friends. They don't try to convert me and I don't try to convert them.

I don't go to Protestant churches at all (other than for special services like a wedding or funeral) because I'm not interested in hearing alternative interpretations of a faith I was raised in, and I am equally not interested in arguing with anyone how the Catholics have it right and they have it wrong either. I am happy to be Catholic and attend Catholic mass.

There are genuine differences in doctrine between Catholics and various Protestant denominations. You may not hear those differences when you hear a sermon on the Golden Rule, but the differences are there. The Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons who knock on my front door ocassionally are all really polite and friendly and welcome me to attend their churches too. That's nice. I don't want to go. I already have a faith community of my own.

My advice to the OP who requested advice from fellow CM'ers stands as my advice. You are entitled to your advice and your views, and so am I.
Dove

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Gavin-123036 said: When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??
(Quote) Gavin-123036 said:

When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??

--hide--

You have an online community of Catholics here. Keep reaching out. We are all one body in Christ , each individual parts that make up the whole Church. You are not alone. You are part of that body. Yes we feel lonely, depressed and anxious at times, Keep turning to Christ and your church community. Also don't be ashamed if you need to see a doctor. God gave us medical knowledge and it may be what you need. I like to read the Psalsms and the New Testament. Jesus tells us to not be anxious about anything, and that he will provide for us.
Jesus we trust in you.

Peace and Prayers coming your way. We all need them

Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Gavin-123036 said: When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??

When you are depressed, down, lonely, and anxious...needing real Catholic friends??

--hide--

It can really be tough because having friends that share your faith are special and unique. And I agree with previous posters that there is a wonderful community here on the forums. But I will second looking around your area for groups to meet with in person. Archdiocesan websites often have a page devoted to youth and young adult ministry that highlight young adult groups in the area. Find a parish that you feel comfortable in and get involved - what are your passions? Youth ministry? Social justice? Prayer groups? Take a leap and join something and you will often begin to build a parish family that can and will be there for you when you need them. And don't be afraid to pray and humbly ask God to bring people into your life that will build you up.

Oct 5th 2012 new

--hide--

I've been here before, I have an awesome support group in my family but sometimes I need to talk with someone else. . . Sometimes it helps to examine what is the cause, it can make it easier to address the issue. Taking my problems to the Sacred Heart always helps.

Just remember, this too share pass and the sun will shine again biggrin

Posts 21 - 30 of 31