Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: I have no plans to have sex before marriage, but when I read message boards at other websites (wo...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

I have no plans to have sex before marriage, but when I read message boards at other websites (women's sites), it can be discouraging.

I refer to the attitude that many married women (yougish women in their 20s and 30s) take toward sex with their husbands. They are interested in it only for the chance of getting pregnant. Sex is very often referred to as the "Baby Dance". And it you read the posts these women write, you see that they are interested in sex only so far as it will take them to motherhood.

Referring to sex as the Baby Dance is not just a denigration of a special and holy act, but even from a purely secular standpoint it seems to trivialize and make commonplace what can be awesome and transcendent.

I understand many women really, really, really badly want to be mothers (even if I don't feel this urge myself), but I wish they could see sex as more than just a means to a reproductive end.

I have to wonder about the stability of these marriages in the long run, because it seems (from their posts), that the women see their husbands as primarily a source of income and semen. With modern divorce law, the woman is financially protected, so I have to think that when the kids are out of toddler age, a divorce will be forthcoming. The ex-husbands still have to pay alimony and child support, so the woman maintains her lifestyle, but she doesn't have to have sex with the guy or interact with much at all. She got her kids and money out of him, so what else does she need? This is a severely cynical approach to marriage, but that's what I feel lurking underneath the postings of many women on those boards.

It's enough to put me off marriage altogether. I just hope I never end up in a relationship like that.

--hide--
I just published a book entitled "Sex and the Ultimate Bliss: A Lifelong Quest for Answers on the Mysteries of Sex" I designed the cover of the book and with it a cover story on the beginning page of the book. It says:

"A sexual intercourse as an expression of love is the dance of the souls. When the physical bodies connected passionately, the souls dance in unison as they become one. This dancing experience of the souls transcends human passion into blissful union, and having experience this together, their love becomes eternal and divine as the dance culminates into the bosom of their creator."

The first encyclical letter of Pope Benedict XVI to his flocks entitled "Deus Caritas Est" (God is Love) explained the immensity of God's love for us and what each of us must do in response to this experience, particularly the manifestation of love through sexual expression between a man and a woman and how this sexual union of man and woman transformed into the love of God and the love of neighbors.

We experience a foretaste of the divine, which is the ultimate bliss that we are hoping in our sexual experience with the person that we love. This is the meaning and the symbolism of Jesus Christ's presence in a wedding at Cana. The wine that he blest was kept good to the end of the wedding celebration.

Oct 8th 2012 new

that's fascinating. good work. looked at it on amazon.

Posts 21 - 22 of 22