Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Oct 2nd 2012 new

This was not a real upset, but the win of the Broncos over the Raiders was a little surprising and certainly welcome. The loss of of Green Bay to the Seahawks was a real shocker, especially when it was due to an official's oversight and inexperience. That call to allow it to happen was just plain wrong and it should have not stood.

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: CM Week 5: Upset Specials Okay guys! Here are your "come and git it" ...
(Quote) David-562122 said: CM Week 5: Upset Specials

Okay guys! Here are your "come and git it" upset specials! Remember, you can play 0-3 of them. 2 pts. for each correct upset pick.

We're sticking with the undefeateds this week. Bet against them, I DARE YA!!!

Thursday Night Game

RAMS over Cardinals

Sunday game

REDSKINS over Falcons

Monday Night Game

JETS over Texans

All the underdogs are at home this week.
--hide--

David,

I am going to keep my picks as previously stated. Not choosing any upsets.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: For the weekend games ending Monday, October 1st...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

For the weekend games ending Monday, October 1st, I got 11 right. Thank you Cowboys especially Mr. Romo for letting me down and you had the stage all to yourself on Monday evening. Sheesh!! I did however enjoy watching the cheerleaders.

This week, the Cowboys, Lions, Raiders and the Buccaneers all have byes for a total of 14 games.

It is a shame the Lions don't have a bye week after Thanksgiving because they are going to need some extra down time. You see after their game on Thanksgiving, the Texans will brand the shape of Texas into their behinds - so thus the cooling period. Linda, are you reading me?

Once again, home teams in bold.

This week, I will see wait and see which games Dave has chosen for upsets.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cardinals over the Rams

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bengals
over the Dolphins

Packers over the Colts

Ravens over the Chiefs

Giants
over the Browns

Eagles over the Steelers

Falcons over the Redskins

Seahawks over thePanthers

Bears over the Jaguars

Vikings
over the Titans

Broncos over the Patriots

49ers
over the Bills

Sunday Evening

Chargers over the Saints

Monday, October 8, 2012

Texans over the Jets

I wish everyone well in their picks.

Blessings to all,

Leon

Hi Leon,

I'm reading you loud and clear. I couldn't agree with you more regarding those Cowboys and Lions. Both games gave me a bad case of indigestion.

I'm truly happy you at least had the cheerleaders to comfort you. Me....not so much.

The only delimia I now face is which team to pick when the Cowboys and Lions play each other. Oh wait, I'm loyal to the Cowboys. Problem solved.

--hide--

Linda,

You won't have to worry as the Cowboys and Lions do not play each other this season unless it would be in the playoffs. The way it is going, I agree with Jerry as it appears the Cowboys look more like a 7 and 9 team.

One other item - after I sent my post, I felt bad about the sentence that read, "Linda, are you reading me"? Sounded derogatory and trying to rub it in and that was not my intent. duck ashamed weeping Please accept my sincere apology.

Blessings always, Praying hug rose

Leon

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: This was not a real upset, but the win of the Broncos over the Raiders was a little surprising an...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

This was not a real upset, but the win of the Broncos over the Raiders was a little surprising and certainly welcome. The loss of of Green Bay to the Seahawks was a real shocker, especially when it was due to an official's oversight and inexperience. That call to allow it to happen was just plain wrong and it should have not stood.

--hide--

Maria,

Welcome to Gerard's football thread. Enter any time you wish as your comments will be appreciated.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: CM FOOTBALL Week 4 Results Leon's Texas Trinity 11 David...
(Quote) David-562122 said: CM FOOTBALL

Week 4 Results

Leon's Texas Trinity 11

David's Dominicans 10

Nancy's New School Nuns 10

Gerald's Fightin' Franciscans 9

Jerry's Jesuits 6

Linda's Laity 6

George's Benedictines 5 DNP

MVP for Week 4 goes to Leon's Texas Trinity RB St. Augustine of Hippo who rushed for 189 yds. and 3 TDs....
--hide--
Hi Dave, wave

I believe you've made an error with my picks last week. I actually had seven correct.

I know I'm not really in the running here, but I need all the points I can get. wink laughing laughing

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Linda,You won't have to worry as the Cowboys and Lions do not play each ot...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Linda,

You won't have to worry as the Cowboys and Lions do not play each other this season unless it would be in the playoffs. The way it is going, I agree with Jerry as it appears the Cowboys look more like a 7 and 9 team.

One other item - after I sent my post, I felt bad about the sentence that read, "Linda, are you reading me"? Sounded derogatory and trying to rub it in and that was not my intent. Please accept my sincere apology.

Blessings always,

Leon

--hide--
Leon, Leon, Leon,

No apology necessary. I take all this as good natured fun. If we can't rib each other every once in awhile, then we've lost out sense of humor and are taking this way to serious. Besides, your Texans may eventually take a fall, and I won't hesitate to rib you. laughing laughing

Now back to our regularly scheduled "ribbing". wink

God bless!! hug rose

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Dave, I believe you've made an error with my picks last week. I actually h...

Hi Dave,

I believe you've made an error with my picks last week. I actually had seven correct.

I know I'm not really in the running here, but I need all the points I can get.

--hide--

Hi Linda wave ... didya catch that really good Lion game last Sunday? mischievous duck

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Hi Linda ... didya catch that really good game last Sunday?
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Hi Linda ... didya catch that really good game last Sunday?

--hide--
Hey Mike, wave

I was watching that game just like I watch horror flicks....My hands over my eyes and peeking in between my fingers when things got really gory. laughing laughing

Oct 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Dave, I believe you've made an error with my picks last week. I actuall...

Hi Dave,

I know I'm not really in the running here, but I need all the points I can get.

--hide--

Linda, I did a recheck and I only see six correct picks. What seven winners do you have?
Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Linda, I did a recheck and I only see six correct picks. What seven winners do you have?
(Quote) David-562122 said:

Linda, I did a recheck and I only see six correct picks. What seven winners do you have?
--hide--
Hey Dave,

Here are my correct picks...

Ravens - 23 over Browns 16

49ers - 34 over Jets 0

Rams -19 over Seahawks - 13

Patroits - 52 over Bills - 28

Bengals - 27 over Jaguars - 10

Redskins - 24 over Buccaneers - 22

Packers - 28 over Saints - 27

Posts 101 - 110 of 200