Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,I was not sure if Linda would take this as ribbing so I wanted to make sure ...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

I was not sure if Linda would take this as ribbing so I wanted to make sure I did not hurt her feelings. I would never do that much less of even thinking about doing it.

Jerry, absolutely the Texans will not go undefeated. In fact before the season, I was hoping they would finish the season 12 - 4, win their division (which should not be difficult), and get home-field advantage through the playoffs.........and going to the Super Bowl would be ever so sweet. In the meantime, there are so many more challenges that lie ahead for the Texans.

Jerry, aside from the Texans, somehow we have to get the Cowboys on track. I don't like seeing NFC teams in the playoffs with the Cowboys not being in the mix.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Thanks Leon. I just think Jones is a good owner (Cowboys estimated worth over 2 billion) and certainly has displayed his talents as a businessman......BUT! He is lousy as a GM. He is impetuous on many things including the draft....and meddles in coaching decisions. As a GM he will NEVER find a coach who can have the latitude it takes to run a football team. No coaching personality (ie...Jimmy Johnson) with talent wants to work FOR him! When Johnson became Head Coach....he looked to building the team around an excellent offensive line. (most became All Pros) Mark Stepnoski was one of the BEST centers I've ever seen! Now back to present day Dallas Cowboys. I submit to you with the exception of Tyrone Smith....is this an EXCELLENT offensive line? I think not....and what is problematic....is how long can Mr Romo stay upright?

I'll jump off now...and NO I won't bail on my Dallas Cowboys...used to come from Sunday Mass in the 4th grade and watch them with my Dad..when they were losing every game! But I get so exasperated with them!

Oct 4th 2012 new

Predictions for Week Five:Last week,I had 9 wins.

Rams cage the Cardinals,27-24.

Bengals ravage the Dolphins,29-14.

Packers wrap up the Colts,30-23.

Ravens get past the Chiefs,21-20.

Giants tackle the Browns,26-17.

Steelers on top of the Eagles,24-21.

Redskins attack the Falcons,27-23.

Panthers chase the Seahawks,17-14.

Bears topple the Jaguars,34-23.

Patriots ride the Broncos,37-30.

Vikings upend the Titans,28-12.

49ers deposit the Bills,38-14.

Saints rise above the Chargers,29-27.

Texans rout the Jets,28-7.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Hi Gerard, yes they have been posted. Scroll back a couple of pages.
(Quote) David-562122 said:

Hi Gerard, yes they have been posted. Scroll back a couple of pages.
--hide--

Thank you...I just saw it,David.

Oct 4th 2012 new

Quarterly Report:What do you think about the performance of your team?

I'm very happy with the Vikings 3-1 start.The reasons for their good start:

(1)The maturation of quarterback,Christian Ponder.He makes better decisions with the football.

(2)The defense has made the plays in crunch time,in the last two weeks.

(3)They have a kicker,who can send the ball into the next county.It results in more touchbacks.

How do rate your team?

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: CM Week 5: Upset Specials Okay guys! Here are your "come and git it" ...
(Quote) David-562122 said: CM Week 5: Upset Specials

Okay guys! Here are your "come and git it" upset specials! Remember, you can play 0-3 of them. 2 pts. for each correct upset pick.

We're sticking with the undefeateds this week. Bet against them, I DARE YA!!!

Thursday Night Game

RAMS over Cardinals

Sunday game

REDSKINS over Falcons

Monday Night Game

JETS over Texans

All the underdogs are at home this week.
--hide--

OK, I'll go out on a limb and pick Washington over Atlanta. Here's my week 5 picks in just under the wire.

Arizona over St. Louis

Washington over Atlanta

Pittsburgh over Philadelphia

Green Bay over Indianapolis

NY Giants over Cleveland

Minnesota over Tennessee

Cincinnati over Miami

Baltimore over Kansas City

Carolina over Seattle

Chicago over Jacksonville

New England over Denver

San Francisco over Buffalo

New Orleans over San Diego

Houston over NY Jets

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Quarterly Report:What do you think about the performance of your team? <...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Quarterly Report:What do you think about the performance of your team?

I'm very happy with the Vikings 3-1 start.The reasons for their good start:

(1)The maturation of quarterback,Christian Ponder.He makes better decisions with the football.

(2)The defense has made the plays in crunch time,in the last two weeks.

(3)They have a kicker,who can send the ball into the next county.It results in more touchbacks.

How do rate your team?

--hide--

Gerard,

I could not be more pleased with the Texans. They have their first 4 and 0 start in their short history. According to NFL stats, the Texans are at or near the top in all offensive and defensive categories. So far, so good. Now, Jerry, Linda and I need to find a way to get the Cowboys on track.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Oct 4th 2012 new

As a Dolphins fan, I am partial to thier helmut. The worst helmut is the Browns. It's just an dark-orange helmut with no logos on it at all.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,I was not sure if Linda wo...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

I was not sure if Linda would take this as ribbing so I wanted to make sure I did not hurt her feelings. I would never do that much less of even thinking about doing it.

Jerry, absolutely the Texans will not go undefeated. In fact before the season, I was hoping they would finish the season 12 - 4, win their division (which should not be difficult), and get home-field advantage through the playoffs.........and going to the Super Bowl would be ever so sweet. In the meantime, there are so many more challenges that lie ahead for the Texans.

Jerry, aside from the Texans, somehow we have to get the Cowboys on track. I don't like seeing NFC teams in the playoffs with the Cowboys not being in the mix.

Blessings,

Leon

Thanks Leon. I just think Jones is a good owner (Cowboys estimated worth over 2 billion) and certainly has displayed his talents as a businessman......BUT! He is lousy as a GM. He is impetuous on many things including the draft....and meddles in coaching decisions. As a GM he will NEVER find a coach who can have the latitude it takes to run a football team. No coaching personality (ie...Jimmy Johnson) with talent wants to work FOR him! When Johnson became Head Coach....he looked to building the team around an excellent offensive line. (most became All Pros) Mark Stepnoski was one of the BEST centers I've ever seen! Now back to present day Dallas Cowboys. I submit to you with the exception of Tyrone Smith....is this an EXCELLENT offensive line? I think not....and what is problematic....is how long can Mr Romo stay upright?

I'll jump off now...and NO I won't bail on my Dallas Cowboys...used to come from Sunday Mass in the 4th grade and watch them with my Dad..when they were losing every game! But I get so exasperated with them!

--hide--

Jerry,

I agree with you on owner Jerry Jones. He knows the business and has been excellent at marketing the team. However, we both agree he needs to hire and General Manager and leave the football operations to others. I like how Bob McNair, owner of the Texans handles his business. He hires the General Manager and with his input, they hire a head coach. Other than that, he is not involved with the draft or hiring the other coaches. Of course, it takes his final approval but allows people in the organization to do their jobs. He does not get involved with play calling or who should be playing. The people of Houston love and respect him.

Remember, when we had Bud Adams who owned the Oilers and now the current owner of the Titans? He was arrogant and always turned the city against him with his ego. This city was glad to see him leave and no tears have been shed since his departure. We also would not mind if he decided to live somewhere other than Houston in the offseason.

The season is still young and the Cowboys have time to get the train back on the track.

Leon

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Nicholas-446519 said: As a Dolphins fan, I am partial to thier helmut. The worst helmut is the Browns. It's just...
(Quote) Nicholas-446519 said:

As a Dolphins fan, I am partial to thier helmut. The worst helmut is the Browns. It's just an dark-orange helmut with no logos on it at all.

--hide--

Nicholas,

Welcome to Gerard's NFL thread. Join us if you wish to participate in the weekly picks or just wish to comment. We would love to have you join the group and offer your perspective.

Leon

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,I agree with you on owner Jerry Jones. He knows the business and has been ex...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

I agree with you on owner Jerry Jones. He knows the business and has been excellent at marketing the team. However, we both agree he needs to hire and General Manager and leave the football operations to others. I like how Bob McNair, owner of the Texans handles his business. He hires the General Manager and with his input, they hire a head coach. Other than that, he is not involved with the draft or hiring the other coaches. Of course, it takes his final approval but allows people in the organization to do their jobs. He does not get involved with play calling or who should be playing. The people of Houston love and respect him.

Remember, when we had Bud Adams who owned the Oilers and now the current owner of the Titans? He was arrogant and always turned the city against him with his ego. This city was glad to see him leave and no tears have been shed since his departure. We also would not mind if he decided to live somewhere other than Houston in the offseason.

The season is still young and the Cowboys have time to get the train back on the track.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Yes I remember K.S. "Bud" Adams. Another medler. You know I've often said....if Jones is a "frustrated" coach he should just "COACH" the team and surround himself with experienced help! They might not do any worse....and if they did....he'd then realize that coaching in the NFL is not easy at all. It's hard enough when you have to "balance" 53 egos on a team...much less have an owner lurking all the time.
Anyway....hope they do indeed get it "on track" cause right now the Cowboys look so ugly they could "make a freight train take a dirt road"!

Posts 131 - 140 of 200