Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

10/09/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Dave I went to a Jesuit School my first (2) years of High School. Our freshman team went undefeated
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Dave I went to a Jesuit School my first (2) years of High School. Our freshman team went undefeated

--hide--

Cool! Did you play? If so, what position?

I went to Boston College and earned my M.A. in Philosophy. I always wondered why the Vatican didn't excommunicate those liberal professors there. I guess you need to learn the enemy's arguments to refute them.
10/09/2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Cool! Did you play? If so, what position? I went to Boston College and earned my M.A. in...
(Quote) David-562122 said:

Cool! Did you play? If so, what position?

I went to Boston College and earned my M.A. in Philosophy. I always wondered why the Vatican didn't excommunicate those liberal professors there. I guess you need to learn the enemy's arguments to refute them.
--hide--
Played halfback and safety later in high school. Let's see: Jesuits at Boston College and I think Holy Cross Fathers at Notre Dame.

10/09/2012 new
Here's the rest of David's Dominicans line-up for Week 6:

Thursday game

Steelers over Titans

Sunday games

Falcons over Raiders

Browns over Bengals in an upset special

Dolphins over Rams

Jets over Colts

Lions over Eagles

Ravens over Cowboys

Buccanneers over Chiefs

Patriots over Seahawks

Cardinals over Bills

49ers over Giants

Redskins over Vikings

Packers over Texans in another upset special

Monday game

Chargers over Broncos

Bye: Pantehrs, Bears, Jaguars, and Saints

I think I'm due for a bad week and this looks as good as any for that. A lot of games that could go either way this week.
10/09/2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Here's the rest of David's Dominicans line-up for Week 6: Thursday game...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Here's the rest of David's Dominicans line-up for Week 6:

Thursday game

Steelers over Titans

Sunday games

Falcons over Raiders

Bengals over Browns

Rams over Dolphins

Jets over Colts

Eagles over Lions (sorry Linda)

Ravens over Cowboys (sorry me)

Buccanneers over Chiefs

Patriots over Seahawks

Cardinals over Bills

49ers over Giants

Vikings over Redskins

Packers over Texans (I'm taking this one too David)

Monday game

Chargers over Broncos

Bye: Pantehrs, Bears, Jaguars, and Saints

I think I'm due for a bad week and this looks as good as any for that. A lot of games that could go either way this week.
--hide--
Here are mine David:
Thursday game

Steelers over Titans

Sunday games

Falcons over Raiders

Dolphins over Rams

Jets over Colts

Lions over Eagles

Ravens over Cowboys

Buccanneers over Chiefs

Patriots over Seahawks

Cardinals over Bills

49ers over Giants

Redskins over Vikings

Monday game

Chargers over Broncos

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Here are mine David:Thursday gameSteelers over Titans <...

Here are mine David:
Thursday game

Steelers over Titans

Sunday games

Falcons over Raiders

Dolphins over Rams

Jets over Colts

Lions over Eagles

Ravens over Cowboys

Buccanneers over Chiefs

Patriots over Seahawks

Cardinals over Bills

49ers over Giants

Redskins over Vikings

Monday game

Chargers over Broncos

--hide--
It didn't take them for some reason. It copied yours. We'll try this again:

Here are mine David:
Thursday game

Steelers over Titans

Sunday games

Falcons over Raiders

Bengals over Browns

Rams over Dolphins

Jets over Colts

Ravens over Cowboys (sorry Jerry!)

Chiefs over Bucanneers

Patriots over Seahawks

Cardinals over Bills

49ers over Giants

Vikings over Redskins

Packers over Texans (sorry Leon)

Monday game

Chargers over Broncos

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: It didn't take them for some reason. It copied yours. We'll try this again: ...

It didn't take them for some reason. It copied yours. We'll try this again:

Here are mine David:
Thursday game

Steelers over Titans

Sunday games

Falcons over Raiders

Bengals over Browns

Rams over Dolphins

Jets over Colts

Ravens over Cowboys (sorry Jerry!)

Chiefs over Bucanneers

Patriots over Seahawks

Cardinals over Bills

49ers over Giants

Vikings over Redskins

Packers over Texans (sorry Leon)

Monday game

Chargers over Broncos

--hide--
Okay....those are my REAL picks. Went against the Cowboys....oops!

10/09/2012 new

Hello to all,

As Dave mentioned, I only got 8 right. Three of my picks lost in the last minute or so but it is still a loss.

As week 6 begins, I am going to choose one of Dave's upset picks. It will be noted below.

Bye week - Bears, Saints, Panthers, Jaguars

Once again, home teams are in bold:

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Steelers over the Titans

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Falcons
over the Raiders

Cowboys over the Ravens

Browns
over the Bengals (my upset pick)

Dolphins over the Rams

Colts over the Jets

Eagles
over the Lions

Buccaneers over the Chiefs

Bills over the Cardinals

Patriots over the Seahawks

49ers
over the Giants

Vikings over the Redskins

Sunday Evening, October 14, 2012

Texans
over the Packers

Monday, October 15, 2012

Chargers over the Broncos

Even though the Texans won, I don't think they played overall very well. Now, they have lost their best LB, Brian Cushing to a season-ending injury. This was caused by a crack-back block by a Jets player. At most positions, the Texans don't have a lot of depth. So, it is important for them to try and keep healthy throughout the season. Just my opinion.

Jerry, sounds as if you were quite a player. You may not have made All-America in sports but you sure are on my All-American team on this site.

Blessings to all and best wishes, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Gerard....let me know if you want me to start a new thread on this....but I think since there are...

Gerard....let me know if you want me to start a new thread on this....but I think since there are just a few "players" here I wanted to bring up something that might be fun.
Since we all seem to love the NFL....I thought it would be fun to bring up plays, games, etc. (whether weird, interesting or funny) So I thought of one:
It is no secret who I route for....so in 50 plus years of following them...I can recall LOTS and LOTS of plays.
Once, when playing in New York the game was "opened up" after being close for so long. (we have been in some very tight games with Giants. The one "lone" tie on our other wise abysmal first season (0-11-1) was with the Giants 13 to 13.) Back to this particular game in the early 60's.
A linebacker named Jim Ridlon for Dallas "picked off" a pass and went all the way...some 50 or 60 yards. When he arrived in the end zone...he was so elated he "punted" the ball in the stands! Pretty good hang time!

--hide--

Jerry,

It sounds like an interesting idea.That's a good story.Thank you for the introduction,of another innovation!

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,I agree with you on owner Jerry Jones. He knows the business and has been ex...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

I agree with you on owner Jerry Jones. He knows the business and has been excellent at marketing the team. However, we both agree he needs to hire and General Manager and leave the football operations to others. I like how Bob McNair, owner of the Texans handles his business. He hires the General Manager and with his input, they hire a head coach. Other than that, he is not involved with the draft or hiring the other coaches. Of course, it takes his final approval but allows people in the organization to do their jobs. He does not get involved with play calling or who should be playing. The people of Houston love and respect him.

Remember, when we had Bud Adams who owned the Oilers and now the current owner of the Titans? He was arrogant and always turned the city against him with his ego. This city was glad to see him leave and no tears have been shed since his departure. We also would not mind if he decided to live somewhere other than Houston in the offseason.

The season is still young and the Cowboys have time to get the train back on the track.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

I agree with your analysis.Jerry Jones needs to stay in the background,hire a general manager,and keep away from the coaches and players,whenever possible.

The Cowboys have a tough one on Sunday.

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: After five weeks I think the Rams are heading in the right direction under Jeff Fischer. They are 3-2 an...
(Quote) David-562122 said: After five weeks I think the Rams are heading in the right direction under Jeff Fischer. They are 3-2 and they will beat the crap out of you at home. They haven't won on the road yet but that will come. I am a little concerned about the future of Steven Jackson. They gave him an opt out of the final year on his contract so that he can be a free agent next year if he chooses. I think they need to beef up their offensive line and get some skilled position guys. I'm a little concerned with their performance in the red zone--frankly its pretty bad. But they've got a phenomenal kicker and punter. I could see them eventually becoming like the 70s Rams, tough defense, special teams, and a 1,000 yard rusher...A lot of people don't know how good the Rams were in the 70s--they won 7 division titles but only 1 conference title due to the fact that they never had a QB who could take them all the way. Pat Haden was good but too small and injury prone.

All in all, this has been a great season so far and has exceeded expectations. But with the loss of Danny Amendola due to a shoulder injury its going to be tough for Sam Bradford. But Coach Fischer has given this team an identity and its first winning record since 2006. I'm glad the owner has given him full control of the team. I think teams like the Cowboys and the Bears need to follow suit.
--hide--

I think that the Rams have the ingredients for a quality team,but don't believe they will contend for a playoff spot.

Posts 161 - 170 of 200