Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: (Quote) David-562122 said: Okay owners, here are the three designated upset specials for...
(Quote) David-562122 said:
Quote:
David-562122 said: Okay owners, here are the three designated upset specials for Week #4. If you pick the upset and are correct then you get 2 points for the pick. You get no points if you are incorrect. You can pick one, two, or all three upset specials if you want.

This week asks the question: Who will fall from the ranks of the unbeaten?

Upset special choices:

Sunday games

Panthers at Falcons

Dolphins at Cardinals

Titans at Texans

The teams you must select are listed in bold type. All favorites are at home this week, making this an especially gutsy play.

I should point out that you don't have to pick an upset special if you don't want to. So Jerry , Leon, and Linda...if you weren't aware if this and don't wish to go with the upset pick please let me know.
--hide--

David,

I do understand and there may be weeks I won't go with the upset. However, this time I am keeping my picks as stated. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Sep 25th 2012 new
(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: OMG, so much activity this evening. I took a big drop in W3. I'll look at the posts in depth tomorrow and s...
(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: OMG, so much activity this evening. I took a big drop in W3. I'll look at the posts in depth tomorrow and submit my picks then. I like the Seattle Slew branding. :)
--hide--

It's a long season Nancy. I'm sure everyone will have a bad week at least once.
Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: It's a long season Nancy. I'm sure everyone will have a bad week at least once.

It's a long season Nancy. I'm sure everyone will have a bad week at least once.
--hide--
Do we get extra points for repeatedly having bad weeks?? If so, I might have a chance. scratchchin laughing laughing

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: I can make your picks out Jerry. I have you down for the Panthers upset over Falcons.

I can make your picks out Jerry. I have you down for the Panthers upset over Falcons.
--hide--
Glad you can brother...cuz first time I looked at them....EVEN I couldn't make them out! Luckily my picks are in caps!

And no I don't want to change the upset. I'm still going with the Panthers OVER the Falcons.

Thanks for keeping track of all this Dave. You should post your "Good Deeds" in my "Good Deeds" thread!~ j

Sep 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Glad you can brother...cuz first time I looked at them....EVEN I couldn't make them out! Luckily my picks a...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Glad you can brother...cuz first time I looked at them....EVEN I couldn't make them out! Luckily my picks are in caps!

And no I don't want to change the upset. I'm still going with the Panthers OVER the Falcons.

Thanks for keeping track of all this Dave. You should post your "Good Deeds" in my "Good Deeds" thread!~ j

--hide--

CAPITALS make all the difference bro!
Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Melissa-836977 said: My favorite helmet ever was the Bills old red one with the rushing Buffalo. I mean...what could...
(Quote) Melissa-836977 said:

My favorite helmet ever was the Bills old red one with the rushing Buffalo. I mean...what could better represent a team than that! Plus, the helmets really stood out.

The classic blue horseshoe and stripes on the white helmet for the Colts is also one of my favs. Yes, I'm biased...but I liked that even before I was a Colts fan.

Even though I like orange, I just don't dig the Browns look at all. The Raiders don't do much for me either.

--hide--
I guess since the 4th or 5th grade....I've been partial to the "STAR" on the helmet!

Sep 26th 2012 new
David's Dominicans take the field for Week #4.....

No upset specials this week. I like the undefeated teams to stay undefeated at home...

Thursday night game

Ravens over Browns

Sunday gamesFalcons over Panthers

Patriots over Bills

Lions over Vikings

Chargers over Chiefs

Rams over Seahawks

49ers over Jets

Texans over Titans

Cardinals over Dolphins

Jaguars over Bengals

Broncos over Raiders

Packers over Saints

Buccanners over Redskins

Giants over Eagles

Monday night game

Cowboys over Bears
Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Okay owners, here are the three designated upset specials for Week #4. If you pick the upset and are cor...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Okay owners, here are the three designated upset specials for Week #4. If you pick the upset and are correct then you get 2 points for the pick. You get no points if you are incorrect. You can pick one, two, or all three upset specials if you want.

This week asks the question: Who will fall from the ranks of the unbeaten?

Upset special choices:

Sunday games

Panthers at Falcons

Dolphins at Cardinals

Titans at Texans

The teams you must select are listed in bold type. All favorites are at home this week, making this an especially gutsy play.
--hide--

I got another upset special;one of my picks(I'm not seeking an extra point).Here goes...I predict the Saints to beat the Packers.

The Saints are OVERDUE,for a win.The Packers are vulnerable,after the Monday Night shocker.

Thank you for another innovation,David!!!!

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Hello to all,Well, I am game again to choose my projected winners. Dave was right. Thanks ...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Hello to all,

Well, I am game again to choose my projected winners. Dave was right. Thanks to the Seahawks, I finished under .500 with 7 wins.

I like Dave's idea of picking an upset each week. Mine is included.

OK - here I go and as always, home teams in bold:

Please note the bye weeks start this week. The Colts and Steelers are idle.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ravens
over the Browns

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Panthers over the Falcons - this will be my upset pick.

Patriots over the Bills

Vikings over the Lions

Texans
over the Titans

Chiefsover the Chargers

49ers over the Jets

Seahawks over the Rams

Cardinals over the Dolphins

Broncosover the Raiders

Bengals over the Jaguars

Packers over the Saints

Redskins over the Buccaneers

Sunday Evening

Eagles
over the Giants

Monday, October 1, 2012

Dem Cowboysover da Bears

In case you have not head, the NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video of the final play of the Packers vs. Seahawks. They supported the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review. Ain't that grand.

Good luck to all.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

We are in theh same boat,again.I added my own upset special for this week,but since it's not an official choice,I opt out of receiving the extra point.

I wish you good luck.

Gerard

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: OMG, so much activity this evening. I took a big drop in W3. I'll look at the posts in depth tomorro...
(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: OMG, so much activity this evening. I took a big drop in W3. I'll look at the posts in depth tomorrow and submit my picks then. I like the Seattle Slew branding. :)
--hide--

Don't worry;we all have bad weeks.I only had seven wins,in each of the last two pools.

Posts 61 - 70 of 200