Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Estrellita-895260 said: I've wondered about this myself. Someone who has never been married is usually set in th...
(Quote) Estrellita-895260 said:

I've wondered about this myself. Someone who has never been married is usually set in their ways and change after 50 is very hard. I look at myself, I'm 55/widow, and sometimes I hesitate at the idea of dating because I'm comfortable with the way I do things and do I really want to change that?

Then I remember that dating is where you "learn" about each other. There are signs when you are dating someone whether that someone will fit into your lifestyle or not. There is no such thing as a "perfect" fit but a "conditional" fit. Where you agree on the important things and the lesser issues, the details of daily living can be worked out.

So I realize a relationship with someone who has never been married is possible and it's even possible it could work out and as long as we put it in God's hands who knows what could happen?

--hide--

Exactly. One say's: you can't change some one else, you can only change yourself ... That ends up to: both will have to change laughing laughing wink

Sep 23rd 2012 new

I have found that even though there are a LOT of never married men in their late 50's and early 60's on this site, many of them still hold out hope of producing their own natural children, instead of considering women who are their peers age-wise they prefer to seek much younger women.. There are only so many 30 some year old women that are going to seriously date a 60 year old man.. So I guess they make their choice to remain single.

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I have found that even though there are a LOT of never married men in their late 50's and earl...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I have found that even though there are a LOT of never married men in their late 50's and early 60's on this site, many of them still hold out hope of producing their own natural children, instead of considering women who are their peers age-wise they prefer to seek much younger women.. There are only so many 30 some year old women that are going to seriously date a 60 year old man.. So I guess they make their choice to remain single.

--hide--

How come all the older men want younger women? I know for sure that is what they are looking for.

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Could it ever work out when someone who lived previously a long term relationship which is ended...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Could it ever work out when someone who lived previously a long term relationship which is ended for whatever reason (divorced, widowed, lived in a long term partnership without marriage) and is now seeking marriage to someone who had never ever had a long term relationship – and that too for people 50+? Take in count that one or the other even has children.

Aren't the ideas of lifestyle and expectations as well as experiences as too different?

Looking at the “never married” profiles from let's say 48/50+ I wonder how they handle or think about this.

Would be nice if you shared your thoughts about that … Thank you!

--hide--

Yes, I do think a previously married person and a never married could work out well in a marriage together. When I read the profile of a never married, I look to see how "other-centered" he is. What does he do other than work? Other than enjoy some hobbies? I've read profiles of never married gents who are Big Brothers, have gone on mission trips, and/or are very active in ministries. All pluses in my book. thumbsup

And when I read profiles of previously married (or widowed) gents, I still look to see how "other-centered" they are. I've gotten to know some previously married gents who live lives centered only on themselves, some even if they have kids. Or, they have some heavy baggage that they haven't dealt with. So just because someone has been in a marriage (or a serious relationship) doesn't mean he's good relationship material.

I'd have to take each gent's situation into account, without painting them all with the same brush.

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: How come all the older men want younger women? I know for sure that is what they are ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

How come all the older men want younger women? I know for sure that is what they are looking for.

--hide--

The usual answer is that they want children to carry on the family name.

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: How come all the older men want youn...

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

The usual answer is that they want children to carry on the family name.

--hide--

Oh yes, you are correct, forgot about that reason.

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I have found that even though there are a LOT of never married men in their late 50's and earl...

--hide--

Donna, I really also often wonder about the statements weeping of some men faint , especially in that respect boggled !!!

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Short answer, Andrea: Yup!!! ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Short answer, Andrea: Yup!!!

--hide--

Then how come there are still so many singles - but that is a question which always repeats itself I suppose ...

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Short answer, Andrea: Yup!!! ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Short answer, Andrea: Yup!!!

--hide--

Then how come there are still so many singles - but that is a question which always repeats itself I suppose ...

Sep 26th 2012 new
I wouldnt say all older men do that. Im not 55 yet, but i keep a rather wide search age range. Dont want to miss anyone as i window shop (hahaha). Cant date yet but i do look from time to time. Granted i do have children so thats not a overwhelming issue. But then again i am open to what God sends. And if that includes more natural children, adoptions, or as a step dad so be it
Posts 11 - 20 of 33