Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Oct 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Thank you for your kind comments Elizabeth. I later thought: "Well it was befitting Blessed ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Thank you for your kind comments Elizabeth. I later thought: "Well it was befitting Blessed Mother came to get her...since she (my Mom) was so dedicated to her; never missing her daily rosary and mental prayer. People would actually come to her with their problems and ask for advice. If she didn't know she would say...."I don't know the answer to your problem...but I will pray and we'll find the answer"

--hide--

Jerry, that sounds so nice. I truly believe in asking God for advice and do so most nights when I pray. Sometimes I feel like the neediest person for advice because I have to ask him for so many different things, but I have faith that things will happen and I'll get answers for the things that bother me. Thank you for sharing.

Oct 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Maria-846262 said: Birthdays are difficult, but I think anniversaries are even harder. My wedding anniversary...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

Birthdays are difficult, but I think anniversaries are even harder. My wedding anniversary is coming up on November 12th--this would have been our 37th-- and I know it will be a very difficult day for me. I'm just gonna try to go to church and pray for a while.

--hide--

hug hug My prayers will be with you... rosary Praying
Oct 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: I can tell you the exact day--June 25th, less than two months after my husband was assassinated. ...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

I can tell you the exact day--June 25th, less than two months after my husband was assassinated. I had just received the autopsy pictures and report. I didn't intend to look at the pictures, but the words did not match what the military had told me about my Phil's death. I looked at the pictures and totally broke. I have never been there since or even before. Looking at my husband's bullet-riddled body crushed me. I ran to bed and threw the covers over my head. I have never done that since. I lay weeping and totally broken. I asked God why Phil and why not me. I had nothing to live for. I begged him to take me that very minute. I felt an electric jolt and saw me standing with a man at an altar in front of a priest. I cried on and thought that I was losing it. I felt a bigger jolt and saw the same picture. I was terrified. I jumped out of bed and tripped in the blankets. As I lay on the floor, I looked up. I saw the first double rainbow I had ever seen. Peace flooded my heart.

I can't say that the road has been easy, but I can say that I have never felt that darkness since. I have and I still do believe that all is well with my soul. I will never understand the brutality or the total betrayal, but I can see the hand of God working. I have also never had anything like that happen since.

--hide--

Earlier this year. My husband died a little over 2 years ago now and circumstances and a wish to start a new life started nagging at me early this year. I moved from Denver (where I lived for 40 years) to a smaller, beautiful city, North of the state. I moved to Fort Collins, near the Wyoming border. I had this feeling that God was telling is was time to move on and begin doing something else--start the next chapter of my life -- I also knew that my husband was OK with it. He told me that too before he died. Frankly, the resistance I got came, unexpectedly from my 2 grown children, both of whom adored their dad and they felt "betrayed" and did not want anybody to take his place. But I told them I had done the things that I needed to do, had a good, long marriage with their dad and loved him very much, but I also did what I promised when we got married, and that was to stay "'till death do you part" and I still feel young, energetic and need to have someone else to share my life with. They both have come around too and I think they'll be OK with it now, if I were to find another wonderful man to share my life with. I would very much like that, and I know that God is looking down at me and telling me it's OK now.

Oct 25th 2012 new
Hi Linda , I had a slightly similar experience I wanted to share. I lost my husband on 9-11. On Thursday the 20th as I continued in my periodic phases of denial and hope. My sisters got blunt with me that I need to have a catholic funeral mass for my husband. He was very religious. Mass daily ... Rosary daily... You have to do this for him now... They said. I was a little taken back and thought they were nuts. How can I have a funeral with no body. I agreed to go to to my priest. He was rather blunt as well... Guess everyone figured at this point they needed to be. I left the rectory , picked up my sister went to the funeral home and planned everything to a T... That afternoon. By the time I got my kids asleep that night I was so fried. I was filled with severe anxiety at the thought if this going on as planned and what if he's not dead.... I cried and begged my husband to give me a sign , that I'd done the right thing. I lay in my bed , room pitch black.. All of a sudden I saw nothing but bright white , I got a very strong tingling feeling in my heart It then ran up and down my body from head to toe. I have no idea if I was awake or not. But I didn't move or open my eyes in feel of it ending. I also thought, "is he going to appear to me"? So I just tried not to let it end. I don't remember it ending or me falling asleep. I just know when I woke in the morning I'd slept better than I'd been. And I felt empowered. There was no stopping me. I was so emotionally strong it was unreal. I couldn't say the words no body with out a full blown anxiety attack. And after that night there wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I even spoke at the funeral ... Don't know if it was God, Holy Spirit, my husband or all three. But jn that moment I received peace. God Bless you in your journey. Been 11 years for me .. You name it ive been through it. I'm still here! Hang in there .... Mary
Oct 25th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-912275 said: Hi Linda , I had a slightly similar experience I wanted to share. I lost my husband on 9-11. On Thursday the 20th a...
(Quote) Mary-912275 said: Hi Linda , I had a slightly similar experience I wanted to share. I lost my husband on 9-11. On Thursday the 20th as I continued in my periodic phases of denial and hope. My sisters got blunt with me that I need to have a catholic funeral mass for my husband. He was very religious. Mass daily ... Rosary daily... You have to do this for him now... They said. I was a little taken back and thought they were nuts. How can I have a funeral with no body. I agreed to go to to my priest. He was rather blunt as well... Guess everyone figured at this point they needed to be. I left the rectory , picked up my sister went to the funeral home and planned everything to a T... That afternoon. By the time I got my kids asleep that night I was so fried. I was filled with severe anxiety at the thought if this going on as planned and what if he's not dead....

I cried and begged my husband to give me a sign , that I'd done the right thing. I lay in my bed , room pitch black.. All of a sudden I saw nothing but bright white , I got a very strong tingling feeling in my heart It then ran up and down my body from head to toe. I have no idea if I was awake or not. But I didn't move or open my eyes in feel of it ending. I also thought, "is he going to appear to me"? So I just tried not to let it end. I don't remember it ending or me falling asleep. I just know when I woke in the morning I'd slept better than I'd been. And I felt empowered. There was no stopping me. I was so emotionally strong it was unreal. I couldn't say the words no body with out a full blown anxiety attack. And after that night there wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I even spoke at the funeral ...

Don't know if it was God, Holy Spirit, my husband or all three. But jn that moment I received peace. God Bless you in your journey. Been 11 years for me .. You name it ive been through it. I'm still here! Hang in there ....

Mary
--hide--
Bless you for all that you have been through. I have been praying for all those who lost someone on that day.

When I lost my son a year ago May the courage of the 911 families and the Murrah bldg bombing families gave me courage to face my days....

rose
Oct 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: Birthdays are difficult, but I think anniversaries are even harder. My wedding anniv...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

Birthdays are difficult, but I think anniversaries are even harder. My wedding anniversary is coming up on November 12th--this would have been our 37th-- and I know it will be a very difficult day for me. I'm just gonna try to go to church and pray for a while.

--hide--

Today would have been our 26th anniversary, though we were together for 6 years prior to getting married. I thought it would be a lot tougher. I just know that the more I talk about him, the more I know he is in a safe and wonderful place.

Posts 41 - 46 of 46