Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Sep 23rd 2012 new

hug Praying wave

Sep 23rd 2012 new

This is also good:

www.ignatianspirituality.com

Don't automatically assum that what you are desiring is the not God's will. A spiritually director once told me, "Who do you think puts those desires in your heart? God does." (Obviously depending on what it is.)

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Sonsoles-496426 said: I have read an article about dicerning when God speaks and evil speaks, I have had a lot of co...
(Quote) Sonsoles-496426 said:

I have read an article about dicerning when God speaks and evil speaks, I have had a lot of confusion recently over certain issues. This is helping me. Sometimes I wonder if God is speaking to me and telling me which way to go, if it is a longing in my heart to take another route or if it is evil trying to confuse me over the current route. What do you think? hvae you ever wondered it? Have a blessed Sunday!!!

www.sermoncentral.com

--hide--

Praying For discernment Praying

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: This is also good:www.ignatianspirituality.com.
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

This is also good:

www.ignatianspirituality.com

Don't automatically assum that what you are desiring is the not God's will. A spiritually director once told me, "Who do you think puts those desires in your heart? God does." (Obviously depending on what it is.)

--hide--

Marirose!! This page is great!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!

Sep 23rd 2012 new

Hi Sonsoles-----check out St. Ignatius SPiritual exercises via Fr. Timothy Gallagher--- http://www.discerninghearts.com---You Tube--discerninghearts Fr.Gallagher-----------EWTN has some things by Fr. Gallagher also(book reviews-etc)---hope the best---theheart rosary

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Estrellita-895260 said: Yes Sonsoles, whenever we are facing decisions about our life path God will guide and Satan ...
(Quote) Estrellita-895260 said:

Yes Sonsoles, whenever we are facing decisions about our life path God will guide and Satan will confuse. I also have been trying to make decisions and I pray everyday for God's guidance but yet the past year I have been so confused. I try to listen with my all my soul and with all my heart but there are so many distractions in this world geared to make you more confused than ever. What has been helping me is wearing my Miraculous Medal and saying the prayer everyday, all day, "O' Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee." This prayer is so comforting to me and I know that our Blessed Mother is listening and praying for all of us. Lately I have been able to make decisions more easily and I feel more confident in the way that I am going.

I lost my husband last year and I had made a decision about what to do in regards to work but then I changed my mind again and again and again. I know part of it was the grief but I know that another part of it, all of the confusion was Satan keeping me off my path. Now, I'm back on track getting ready to do the work I had intended to do from the beginning. I've come full circle in one year. But the year I lost in my confusion, I know that God will turn it to good because I am now more determined than ever to do what I should have done a year ago.

So keep praying Sonsoles. Our Blessed Mother will be your comfort and God will see you through. Smile and have a Blessed day.

--hide--

Thank you Estrellita! I do wear rhe miraculous medal. I lost one in July and since couldnt find it I got another one recently online! I feel very protected while wearing it and I missed it badly when I lost it or if some day I have forgotten!!! I am very glad you overcame your confusion, and no time is lost trying to get clarification! Have a blessed day you too!!!

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-356811 said: Hi Sonsoles-----check out St. Ignatius SPiritual exercises via Fr. Timothy Gallagher--- http://www.discer...
(Quote) Peter-356811 said:

Hi Sonsoles-----check out St. Ignatius SPiritual exercises via Fr. Timothy Gallagher--- http://www.discerninghearts.com---You Tube--discerninghearts Fr.Gallagher-----------EWTN has some things by Fr. Gallagher also(book reviews-etc)---hope the best---

--hide--

Thank you Peter!!! found it on youtube! going to watch!

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Dan-28682 said: A good first step to discerning God's will is to go to Confession. A good Confession removes the...
(Quote) Dan-28682 said:

A good first step to discerning God's will is to go to Confession. A good Confession removes the sin that often corrupts our understanding of God and His will. Second step would be to spend some regular time in reflection in a Eucharistic adoration chapel. You might start by saying the rosary and reflecting on the mysteries or reflecting on a scripture verse, but in either case, once you have spent some time in reflection, spend some quiet time with the Lord and listen to what He has to say to you. A good way to discern God's will is to remember that it will bring true peace to your life...

As St. Benedict says...

LISTEN carefully, my son, to your master's precepts, and turn the ear of your heart to the advice of your loving father. Willingly accept this advice and put it into practice, so that by the labor of obedience you may return to Him from Whom you departed by the sloth of disobedience. I am, here now, speaking to you who have replaced his own will with the strong and bright armor of obedience, to fight for our true King, the Lord Christ.

First of all, beg Him, with passion filled prayer, to perfect whatever good work you begin, so that He Who has chosen to count us as one of his own children, will not be saddened by our evil deeds. We must, therefore at all times serve Him with the goods He has given us. If we do this, He will not be an angry Father and disown us, nor will He be infuriated by our sins, consider us wicked servants, and then turn us over to eternal punishment because of our refusal to follow Him to glory.

--hide--

Thank you Dan for your advice! will go to confession as soon as I can.

Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: Well, I believe the devil does exist. And I do believe he speaks and tries to speak to certain ...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

Well, I believe the devil does exist. And I do believe he speaks and tries to speak to certain people, especially people facing hard times who could be easily swayed. I believe that is where our faith comes in, we need to pray for God's protection.

I have heard people talk about a woman's intuition through the years growing up. You know, I came to the conclusion that this was the Holy Spirit guiding me or my guardian angel whispering to me. In several cases, I did not listen, and each time that I ignored the voice inside of me, things did not turn out well. I really do believe that God is looking out for us is some way.

Prayer is very important. I ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance every day. I love this prayer and recite it several times a day. It was easy to memorize.

Oh God send forth your Holy Spirit
into my heart that I may perceive,
into my mind that I may remember,
into my soul that I may meditate.

Inspire me to speak with piety, holiness, tenderness and mercy.
Teach, guide, and direct my thoughts and senses from beginning to end.
May your grace ever help and correct me and may I be strengenthed now with wisdom from on high for the sake of your infinite mercy.
Amen

--hide--

You are right Carolyn, I do believe that the Holy Spirit protects us and guides us when it spots something "wrong". I have followed it a couple of times in my life, I am glad God has given women this intuition too. Thank you for all your words!

Sep 23rd 2012 new

Thank you Carolyn for this prayer!

Praying prayers for discernment Praying hug

Posts 11 - 20 of 26