Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 23rd 2012 new

That sounds like it was truly an awesome moment, Kevin.

Sep 23rd 2012 new

Pope Paul VI in 1967. I spent a month in Europe and was in Italy for a week with a few nuns and some students from my Catholic boarding school.

Sep 23rd 2012 new
(Quote) Laura-695247 said: If so where, when and what was the context?I saw JPII back around 1995 when I was backpacking aroun...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

If so where, when and what was the context?

I saw JPII back around 1995 when I was backpacking around Europe. He used to come to the window on the Square (I think on Tuesdays) and talk to the crowd. It was a rainy day, everyone with umbrellas. He was was speaking Italian, and I was not Catholic, just a tourist. It was just something to do. What I loved was that he seemed to have a wonderful sense of humor and made the drenched crowd break into laughter. He seemed like a truly personable, special person.

--hide--

JP2. Battery Park NYC. When he came the skies cleared!!!!
Sep 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-1806 said: Although from a distance, I did see the Pope. It was on his Papal visit to the United States in O...
(Quote) Michael-1806 said:

Although from a distance, I did see the Pope. It was on his Papal visit to the United States in October, 1979. About twenty thousand teenagers joined me for the event.

God bless Pope John Paul II!
Pray for Peace

--hide--
That sounds like the same time I saw him down in Miami. Members from my parrish went down to help decorate the stadium. Well, I'll never forget that day especially since I got heat stroke and was put in the refrigerator truck for all the fresh Roses!

Sep 23rd 2012 new

JPII was in Panama... On my bithday!!!!

I had seen him at a Public audience about 3 months after the death of JPI. I was also blessed to have gone to World Youth Day in Italy & France many years ago, as a chaperone.

Santo Subito!

Sep 23rd 2012 new
JPII when he came to Phoenix in 1987. The Mass at Sun Devil Stadium was amazing, on September 14, 1987: The feast of the Triumph of the Cross.

The Mass was truly amazing, and the stadium was packet. 70,000+

He was a blessing to Phoenix.
Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: JP2. Battery Park NYC. When he came the skies cleared!!!!
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

JP2. Battery Park NYC. When he came the skies cleared!!!!
--hide--

It does seem like the Pope can change weather patterns:o)

Sep 24th 2012 new

Yes. I was a special guest of the Holy Father in 2006. After writing the US Office of the Holy Sea about my desire to visit Rome in 2006 for Christmas the Hoy Father sent me a letter stating that he was pleased that someone with my limitations would desire to make the trip. He granted me special privilages within the Vaticin (I was allowed to touch items normally behind ropes and was given special assistance for getting to and from locations. I was blessed with the opertunity to meet the Holy Father and share a few moments with him.

Sep 24th 2012 new

Wow, Francis that sounds like a special trip!

Sep 24th 2012 new
(Quote) Francis-666100 said: Yes. I was a special guest of the Holy Father in 2006. After writing the US Office of the Holy Sea about my d...
(Quote) Francis-666100 said:

Yes. I was a special guest of the Holy Father in 2006. After writing the US Office of the Holy Sea about my desire to visit Rome in 2006 for Christmas the Hoy Father sent me a letter stating that he was pleased that someone with my limitations would desire to make the trip. He granted me special privilages within the Vaticin (I was allowed to touch items normally behind ropes and was given special assistance for getting to and from locations. I was blessed with the opertunity to meet the Holy Father and share a few moments with him.

--hide--

That does sound like a really special time. highfive What a blessing!
Posts 11 - 20 of 66