Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

09/27/2012 new

Great first post Shirley! Welcome to the forums!

09/27/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-755567 said: In 1976, I went to Italy with my maternal grandparents, my older brother and a multitude of great ...
(Quote) Mary-755567 said:

In 1976, I went to Italy with my maternal grandparents, my older brother and a multitude of great Aunts and Uncles. We attended mass in Vatican Square. I passed out (I have type 1 diabetes and just needed food) Anyway, I was taken to the sick station and the pope came in and blessed me, along with everyone there, mostly my extended family. This unscheduled personal audience with the pope will always be charished by myself and all now deceased great aunts, uncles and grandparents.
Thanks for asking.

--hide--

Mary!!! Amazing first post! Wow, you got blessed by the Pope!!

09/27/2012 new

Such a wonderful topic, I am so enjoying reading peoples experiences!
I was blessed to see Pope JP ll with my mother at the Los Angeles Coliseum on Sept 15, 1987.
Each parish was given tickets and we road on buses with the other parishioners.
It was one of the best memories of my life and especially to have shared it with my mother. She is 95 and still talks about it:)
The most memorable part for me was when 100,000 people sang the Our Father together and then received Our Lord...it still brings tears!
How awesome to distribute Communion to that many people!
I found this article and thought I would share....

www.the-tidings.com

09/28/2012 new
My greatest point in my life was personally meeting JP2 with the Community of San E'digio (a group that are friends with the poor). We met, I think in the Pope Jerome Hall, and he blessed 100 people from the Community on Holy Saturday, 1994, when he was a few months later voted Man of the Year by Time magazine. It was 3 weeks before he broke his hip.

As he saw me, he asked me where I was from - I was in a state of shock and couldn't answer! He seemed to have the weight of the whole world in his eyes. I'll never forget it. He blessed me on the forehead and even touched my arm.
09/28/2012 new

This is a great thread.

I saw JPII in CHicago in 1979, the mass in Grant Park with 1,000,000 other people. It was amazing.

Then I saw him three more times in a 10 day trip to Rome in 2000, the Jubilee year. Three masses in St. Peter's square, and he went by in the Popemobile twice right in front of us.

To this day these events are the highlights of my life, and I feel blessed to have had the chance to see him person.

09/29/2012 new

Wow Sonja, that is a nice story. That is interesting what you say about the weight of the world in his eyes. I'm sure a lot of people never get that close.

09/29/2012 new

oops sorry Sonya! Didn't mean to spell your name wrong. Bad speller here....

09/29/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: This is a great thread. I saw JPII in CHicago in 1979, the mass in Grant Park with 1,000,000 o...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

This is a great thread.

I saw JPII in CHicago in 1979, the mass in Grant Park with 1,000,000 other people. It was amazing.

Then I saw him three more times in a 10 day trip to Rome in 2000, the Jubilee year. Three masses in St. Peter's square, and he went by in the Popemobile twice right in front of us.

To this day these events are the highlights of my life, and I feel blessed to have had the chance to see him person.

--hide--

Hi Pat! Yes it is kinda a interesting thread. I think CM may need a spread sheet mode....so we can figure out all the people who where in the same place at the same time!

09/29/2012 new

Many years ago when he was in New York City, I was part of the crowd watching him go by. It was Pope Paul VI. I vividly recall his deep blue eyes!

Anna

09/29/2012 new

Many years ago when he was in New York City, I was part of the crowd watching him go by. It was Pope Paul VI. I vividly recall his deep blue eyes!

Anna

Posts 41 - 50 of 66