Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Rosalie,Welcome to one of the sports threads. Gerard from Florida and now Jerry fr...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Rosalie,

Welcome to one of the sports threads. Gerard from Florida and now Jerry from Texas do a wonderful job. Chime in any time your heart desires. If you like picking any or all of the games, see Gerard's 2012 recent football thread. We would love to have you.

By the way, the Cardinals have gotten off to a great start.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Leon....last night was indicative of what is to come within these games. These players now KNOW they can get away with late hits, cheap shots and brawling. These officials will not be able to control that. It will now be like a runaway train. Course it might "hasten" the talks. (or at least we hope so)

09/25/2012 new

If any of you hear of "progress" or have some news regarding the negotiations with the league....please do share!

09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Rosalie,Welcome to one of the sp...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Rosalie,

Welcome to one of the sports threads. Gerard from Florida and now Jerry from Texas do a wonderful job. Chime in any time your heart desires. If you like picking any or all of the games, see Gerard's 2012 recent football thread. We would love to have you.

By the way, the Cardinals have gotten off to a great start.

Blessings,

Leon

Leon....last night was indicative of what is to come within these games. These players now KNOW they can get away with late hits, cheap shots and brawling. These officials will not be able to control that. It will now be like a runaway train. Course it might "hasten" the talks. (or at least we hope so)

--hide--

Jerry,

You are correct and the sad thing is that games like the Packer vs. Seahawks could result in some team(s) not making the playoffs.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: If any of you hear of "progress" or have some news regarding the negotiations with the ...

If any of you hear of "progress" or have some news regarding the negotiations with the league....please do share!

--hide--

Jerry,

Will do.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

09/25/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: If any of you hear of "progress" or have some news regarding the negotiations with the league....plea...

--hide--

WOW I was just listening to the Rant on my local NBC station and Kent Ogle just explained that the "real referees" we're NOT on strike, The owners are the ones who locked them out of officiating during negotiations....this just seems weird and a bit fishy to me.... irked
09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: WOW I was just listening to the Rant on my local NBC station and Kent Ogle just explained that t...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

WOW I was just listening to the Rant on my local NBC station and Kent Ogle just explained that the "real referees" we're NOT on strike, The owners are the ones who locked them out of officiating during negotiations....this just seems weird and a bit fishy to me....
--hide--
Yes Brenda....That is a fact. It never was about the refs being on strike, it's about the owners and MONEY!!!!

09/25/2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Yes Brenda....That is a fact. It never was about the refs being on strike, it's about the owners and MONEY!...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Yes Brenda....That is a fact. It never was about the refs being on strike, it's about the owners and MONEY!!!!

--hide--

Greed is the root of all evil unfortunately boggled
09/26/2012 new

A funny side note to this topic......

The late night comics are having a field day with this ref situiation.

Also, the New York Post had a front page cover showing a man in sunglasses while holding on to a seeing eye dog. The caption.....

"Oh Say Can You See"!!!! rolling eyes eyepopping

Pretty much says it all. laughing laughing

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Greed is the root of all evil unfortunately
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Greed is the root of all evil unfortunately
--hide--
I can remember a big function I went to down in Bryan/College Station, Texas....home of Texas A&M University (Aggies) This was years ago. One of the alumini and a guest at the function was "Red" Cashion who also happened to be an NFL referee. Do any of you remember? He used to say demonstratively....."First Down!" He had just retired from being a head referee in the NFL. And I met him and asked him why?....when he clearly had the expertise to continue. He said, " I wanted to leave the game on my own terms and ON TOP. I didn't want any NFL official coming to me and saying "Red you are too old...and can't do it anymore" So I said "It does seem like quite a challenge though since the PRO game is SO FAST!" He said, "Jerry you would not believe"

Anyway....somewhere in my things I have an NFL football that is signed: "To my good friend Jerry----signed "Red (first down!) Cashion" (yes he did sign it that way!

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I can remember a big function I went to down in Bryan/College Station, Texas....home of Texas A&a...

I can remember a big function I went to down in Bryan/College Station, Texas....home of Texas A&M University (Aggies) This was years ago. One of the alumini and a guest at the function was "Red" Cashion who also happened to be an NFL referee. Do any of you remember? He used to say demonstratively....."First Down!" He had just retired from being a head referee in the NFL. And I met him and asked him why?....when he clearly had the expertise to continue. He said, " I wanted to leave the game on my own terms and ON TOP. I didn't want any NFL official coming to me and saying "Red you are too old...and can't do it anymore" So I said "It does seem like quite a challenge though since the PRO game is SO FAST!" He said, "Jerry you would not believe"

Anyway....somewhere in my things I have an NFL football that is signed: "To my good friend Jerry----signed "Red (first down!) Cashion" (yes he did sign it that way!

--hide--
NEWSFLASH!! My brother/partner just said he heard on Fox News.com that the "thing" was gonna be settled tonight!

STAY TUNED!

Posts 21 - 30 of 47