Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Continuing on......Do you have a favorite NFL official? Aside from Mr Red Cashion abov...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Continuing on......Do you have a favorite NFL official?

Aside from Mr Red Cashion above......I used to like Johnny Greer

--hide--
One of my favs was, Gerald Austin. (#31)

He was in the league from 1982-2007. He officiated in four Super Bowls. Three as an official ref and one as a replacement ref.

One of his most notable games was the 1993 AFC wild card game between the Houston Oilers and the Buffalo Bills.

That game came to be know as "THE COMEBACK" game, because it was the greatest comeback by a team in League history.

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: One of my favs was, Gerald Austin. (#31) He was in the league from 1982-2007. He ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

He was in the league from 1982-2007. He officiated in four Super Bowls. Three as an official ref and one as a replacement ref.

One of his most notable games was the 1993 AFC wild card game between the Houston Oilers and the Buffalo Bills.

That game came to be know as "THE COMEBACK" game, because it was the greatest comeback by a team in League history.

--hide--
Oops!!! I should os posted the stats for that game......

The Bills came back from a 32 point deficit to win the game in overtime. Final score....Bills-41, Oilers 38.

Now that's what I call a COMEBACK!!!

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,The NFL and the officials union have reached an agreement. As I stated in Ge...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

The NFL and the officials union have reached an agreement.

As I stated in Gerard's thread, the regular officials will officiate at Thursday's Ravens/Brown game and the weekend games except for the Lions/Vikings. That game will have the same officials as the Packers/Seahawks. Just joshing with you. I did that especially for Linda and Gerard.

Everything will be copacetic until one of the regulars makes a wrong call.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

Your post has not gone,undetected... laughingThe Vikings/49ers game was riddled with errors.

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Continuing on......Do you have a favorite NFL o...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
Jerry-730726 said:

Continuing on......Do you have a favorite NFL official?

Aside from Mr Red Cashion above......I used to like Johnny Greer

--hide--

Linda,

You sure remember lots of bad from the past. laughing

I painfully watched each play of that game. People on the sports talk shows in Houston still bring that one up ever so often. All of the Houston teams have at one time or another found ingenious ways of losing the big one..........but I am still loyal to our teams.

I guess I am the strange one as I have never paid attention to the names of the officials.

I do however pay attention to the cheerleaders. laughing

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Linda,You sure remember lots of bad from the past. I painfully watched eac...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Linda,

You sure remember lots of bad from the past.

I painfully watched each play of that game. People on the sports talk shows in Houston still bring that one up ever so often. All of the Houston teams have at one time or another found ingenious ways of losing the big one..........but I am still loyal to our teams.

I guess I am the strange one as I have never paid attention to the names of the officials.

I do however pay attention to the cheerleaders.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Leon,

if you don't remember the names of the refs, I'm sure Jerry won't mind if you give us the name of your favorite cheerleader. wink tongue

Sep 28th 2012 new

One of my ALL-FAVORITES is one who may still be refereeing because he is young. His name is Mike Carey. And what I like about him is he doesn't CARE who's home field he is on...nor does he seemed biased in ANY of the games he does! (calls em' like he see's em!)
One of my least favorites is Ed Hochuli....or "HERCULES" as it were! I think he makes calls just to show off those "guns"!

Sep 28th 2012 new

Another one who cost the Cowboys a game one time was Gordon McCarter. One of our defenders knocked a ball loose from a N.Y. Giant running back (replays clearly showed evidence the ball was coming out) and didn't reverse the call. I thought our Coach at the time (Jimmy Johnson) was going to "blow a head gasket"! In the post game interviews (for which he was fined for disparaging comments) he remarked " Not since I was an itsy bitsy kid when my Daddy said, "Son this is a football" have I seen calls like the one made today!"

Posts 41 - 47 of 47