Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

soul mate schmoul mate

09/25/2012 new

Lets be real here!

Finding a friend here on CM is a snap if you are non judgemental , and willing to go all in with someone you are drawn to after reading their profile, viewing their Pic's and initializing or responding to the first emote or message!

The start of any relationship is a decision. Dont play games. When is the last time you read someones profile. trusted that first gut feeling, contacted them . letting them know you liked what you read and would like to devote time to loving the other , with the goal in mind of having your heart captured as well. Commit to the process,

Successful relationships are about you , not the person whom you are "looking for". Are you ready to give from your heart to find out if the person you like is who they says he/ her is in their profile.

It starts with us . The right attitude, right perspective , right heart , right goals and right spirit, make relationships a breeze, for after the initial attraction, we should enter into them with a heart of service , ready to give , ready to discover if our mate of choice , has the same heart of unselfishness.

If you want Mr/ Mrs perfect right out of the gate , you are a dreamer. Once you make a decision , from there ,you either go all in and be the friend you are looking for, or continue to sit on the fence to see what happens. Love is a decision , not a feeling and not an investment into your own future, but rather ,a daily random act of kindness to be accepting , edifying , generous and compassionate.

Decide to love ,and be happy with the person of your choice or stay on the sidelines and remain unhappy and alone. Its up to us.
Relationships are about a willingness to reach out, take calculated risks, choose to love and be receptive to the echo. Its not rocket science !

Its about unconditional acceptance without judgement , throw in a little chemistry , shake well and enjoy. What a recipe.

Soul mates are for dreamers and fairy tales! You can choose to love anyone you want,and if its reciprocal , build a life together, its just a question of how self centered and choosy we insist on being, or how selfless and life sharing we want to be.

Is it all about you getting your needs met ,or about being of service to someone else. Are you concerned about settling for less ,than whats out there? Good grief .What is better than being in love! Is one couple in love ,happier than the next . I think not . Love is built on trust and takes time to solidify, but let not this fact discourage us from reaching out in Love , to see what grows. Nothing ventured nothing gained

The sure way to crop failure is to fail to plant the seeds!

We must become what we want to attract !!! Give love a try , pleasant surprises await you!
Are you the person who watch's what happens, wonder what happens, or the person that makes it happen. Good question for all of us to ponder.
We are all the same , different only by the external wrapping paper. The gift is on the inside. That being a heart that is at peace ,content and satisfied by having its craving to give and receive love met Pretty simple really.

For it is more blessed to give than to receive. Lets truly live by this Motto! Be your own soul mate, then your ready to date !!!

09/25/2012 new

There's some great advice here! I am currently re-reading Love and Responsibility, and I am reminded very often that love indeed is a decision to will the good of the other. Yes, the senses and emotions play a role in love, but not the primary role. Ultimately, love comes down to the decision to choose another "I" as Blessed JPII puts it so beautifully.

09/25/2012 new

Great to hear you are a book worm Jenny,
Make sure the guy you choose is as well biggrin

Great Books have the ability to change our lives , as they bring us to a new level
of understanding and awareness, both of ourselves and others.

Let us not be satisfied with enterainment but rather choose education!

Keep reading Jenny , your into a really good book!
Thanks for the positive feedback

09/25/2012 new

I have to say this, for all the dreamers out there - if you're open to 'the one' not being a cookie-cutter, hollywood ideal, soul mates do exist. I found and married mine.

He was not perfect, nor am I - but he was perfect for me. We read Love and Responsibility together - we discussed our way through it and agreed with JPII's teachings. He and I knew and complemented each other's strengths and supported each other through our weaknesses. He told me once that he was certain that without me, he'd never make it to Heaven.

The only flaw: he was in far too much a hurry to get there. wink He died two weeks before our third anniversary, leaving me with our two very young sons, to carry on.

Don't feel that discarding that insane 'must-have' list we all create in our heads at some point, is discarding the reality, that somewhere out there God has created someone else that is right for you. He or she may not have the perfect washboard abs, the hair or eye colour we think is our 'type', maybe not even the past history that we think our ideal mate should have - but if you can look past all the insignificant details and get to know people on an honest level, you will be surprised what you might find.

So, I lost my soul mate, far too early. Does that mean that God's plan for my life is over? Not a chance. I honestly believe that it is possible that He's still got further plans for my life and, if those include finding that 'someone to grow old with', I'm not going to rule that out just because 'plan a' didn't work out the way I wanted!

Bottom line: Just because you don't see God's plan for you, doesn't mean He doesn't have one.

09/25/2012 new
biggrin

This is nicely written Casey. It is enlightening and encouraging. rose heart

Found a couple quotes that are inspiring. "Throughout life you will meet one person who is unlike any other.
You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell them things and they won't judge you. This person is your soul mate, your best friend. Don't ever let them go."

" A soul mate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks.

When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we're pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we're safe in our own paradise.....Our soul mate is the one who makes life come to life." by Richard Bach. heartbeat

I like the image of the keys, one who finds the locks to fit the keys.

09/25/2012 new

Interesting. Not one mention of God, much less His will, in your entire post.

You missed the most essential factor.

09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Casey-637092 said: Lets be real here!Finding a friend here on CM is a snap if you are non judgemental , and ...
(Quote) Casey-637092 said:

Lets be real here!

Finding a friend here on CM is a snap if you are non judgemental , and willing to go all in with someone you are drawn to after reading their profile, viewing their Pic's and initializing or responding to the first emote or message!

The start of any relationship is a decision. Dont play games. When is the last time you read someones profile. trusted that first gut feeling, contacted them . letting them know you liked what you read and would like to devote time to loving the other , with the goal in mind of having your heart captured as well. Commit to the process,

Successful relationships are about you , not the person whom you are "looking for". Are you ready to give from your heart to find out if the person you like is who they says he/ her is in their profile.

It starts with us . The right attitude, right perspective , right heart , right goals and right spirit, make relationships a breeze, for after the initial attraction, we should enter into them with a heart of service , ready to give , ready to discover if our mate of choice , has the same heart of unselfishness.

If you want Mr/ Mrs perfect right out of the gate , you are a dreamer. Once you make a decision , from there ,you either go all in and be the friend you are looking for, or continue to sit on the fence to see what happens. Love is a decision , not a feeling and not an investment into your own future, but rather ,a daily random act of kindness to be accepting , edifying , generous and compassionate.

Decide to love ,and be happy with the person of your choice or stay on the sidelines and remain unhappy and alone. Its up to us.
Relationships are about a willingness to reach out, take calculated risks, choose to love and be receptive to the echo. Its not rocket science !

Its about unconditional acceptance without judgement , throw in a little chemistry , shake well and enjoy. What a recipe.

Soul mates are for dreamers and fairy tales! You can choose to love anyone you want,and if its reciprocal , build a life together, its just a question of how self centered and choosy we insist on being, or how selfless and life sharing we want to be.

Is it all about you getting your needs met ,or about being of service to someone else. Are you concerned about settling for less ,than whats out there? Good grief .What is better than being in love! Is one couple in love ,happier than the next . I think not . Love is built on trust and takes time to solidify, but let not this fact discourage us from reaching out in Love , to see what grows. Nothing ventured nothing gained

The sure way to crop failure is to fail to plant the seeds!

We must become what we want to attract !!! Give love a try , pleasant surprises await you!
Are you the person who watch's what happens, wonder what happens, or the person that makes it happen. Good question for all of us to ponder.
We are all the same , different only by the external wrapping paper. The gift is on the inside. That being a heart that is at peace ,content and satisfied by having its craving to give and receive love met Pretty simple really.

For it is more blessed to give than to receive. Lets truly live by this Motto! Be your own soul mate, then your ready to date !!!

--hide--

Good piece of encouragement, Casey. It's good to hear and be reminded from time to time that we need to be more proactive than reactive.

09/25/2012 new

Hey Jerry ,

Love is the code word for God my friend , but then ,you probably already knew that . God does however , expect us to educate ourselves. It is only in choosing to love without counting the cost , that we truly are Doing the will of God. We must act . Its the life of loving that reflects the Will of God most powerfully, rather than talking about loving .

You know the old adage, Actions speak louder than words. Go forth and spread the gospel and if all else fails use words. It's no good to be so heavenly minded that your no earthly good!

The key is to truly understand all the different forms of love , and then to live in love without getting them confused, ready to give a reason for the hope that lies within you, being very careful to preach with words what you are already practicing

Blessings Jerrytheheart

09/25/2012 new

Very well said Casey.

09/25/2012 new

Very well said Casey.

Posts 1 - 10 of 22