Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

TOTB book?

Sep 25th 2012 new

Hi, there - I've become an avid listener to CatholicAnswers on my local Catholic radio station, and I frequently hear them refer to Blessed John Paull II's "Theology of the Body". I've heard snippets of discussion but would like a good book on it that is more on my level. Our Blessed JPII wrote at a much higher level than my poor brain functions at!

I'd appreciate any recommendations! Thanks in advance!
Melanie

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: Hi, there - I've become an avid listener to CatholicAnswers on my local Catholic radio stat...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

Hi, there - I've become an avid listener to CatholicAnswers on my local Catholic radio station, and I frequently hear them refer to Blessed John Paull II's "Theology of the Body". I've heard snippets of discussion but would like a good book on it that is more on my level. Our Blessed JPII wrote at a much higher level than my poor brain functions at!

I'd appreciate any recommendations! Thanks in advance!
Melanie

--hide--

There is a TOB book for beginners...

www.amazon.com

theheart

Sep 25th 2012 new

thanks, Victor!

Sep 25th 2012 new
One of my favorite shows! I would recommend also checking out the store at catholic.com they will have some resources as well.
Sep 25th 2012 new

Chris West is a good beginning ToB writer... He has quite a few books.

I teach ToB to my 8th graders using Ascension Press' awesome Middle School program! Highly recommended to anyone in the Catholic middle school teaching field!

Sep 25th 2012 new

Glad you're interested in ToB -it's been revolutionary in my own life and now I teach it to our high schoolers as well.

As a good beginning step I would recommend two books, both by Christopher West: "Theology of the Body for Beginners" and "The Good News About Sex and Marriage". I am also currently reading "Men, Women and the Mystery of Love" by Edward Sri in my TOB study group. It's a companion to Karol Wojtyla's book Love and Responsibility (which we are also reading), which he wrote prior to becoming Pope John Paul II and contains main themes that would later be present in the Theology of the Body audiences. Also, more geared toward teens, but well written are the dual Theology of His Body/Theology of Her Body by Jason Evert.

Enjoy!

Sep 25th 2012 new

There is a DVD series that Christopher does that is fantastic.

1 hour-- The gift series

8-- 1/2 hours Introduction to TOB

16- 1/2 hours " Into the Heart"

If you can afford the time and investment, the TOB institute head and heart course is the most life transforming experience ever.

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Jessica-766671 said: Glad you're interested in ToB -it's been revolutionary in my own life and now I teach i...
(Quote) Jessica-766671 said:

Glad you're interested in ToB -it's been revolutionary in my own life and now I teach it to our high schoolers as well.

As a good beginning step I would recommend two books, both by Christopher West: "Theology of the Body for Beginners" and "The Good News About Sex and Marriage". I am also currently reading "Men, Women and the Mystery of Love" by Edward Sri in my TOB study group. It's a companion to Karol Wojtyla's book Love and Responsibility (which we are also reading), which he wrote prior to becoming Pope John Paul II and contains main themes that would later be present in the Theology of the Body audiences. Also, more geared toward teens, but well written are the dual Theology of His Body/Theology of Her Body by Jason Evert.

Enjoy!

--hide--

Yes, I was also going to recommend "Men, Women and the Mystery of Love" by Dr. Sri and "Love and Responsibility" by Karol Wojtyla. Both are excellent reads! I took a class from Dr. Sri back in college which focused on using those two books to help understand ToB.

I would also recommend Christopher West's CD series, "Naked Without Shame." It's basically ToB on a disc.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8