Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: I agree with Ray that integrity is critical. I also believe that accountability, and accepting ...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

I agree with Ray that integrity is critical. I also believe that accountability, and accepting responsibility for one's actions are also key.

Michael

--hide--


THANK YOU Michael and welcome to the forum! This is a good answer especially to mention for the ladies who hope to meet a man to marry.

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Nessa-101876 said: A man of honor to me is someone who has integrity, morals, and values he lives by in his daily li...
(Quote) Nessa-101876 said:

A man of honor to me is someone who has integrity, morals, and values he lives by in his daily life. Someone who is honest, truthful, respectful to others and is a man of his word.

--hide--


THANK YOU Nessa. The way you put it makes a man sound particularly attractive doesn't it? Good points!

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: An honorable person is selfless. One has his or her focus centered outside of themselves. Honorable people...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: An honorable person is selfless. One has his or her focus centered outside of themselves. Honorable people are disciplined to not cave to the whims of society, peer pressure, or passing fancies. There is a sense of dedication. They serve others. They have humility. They are principled and have high standards for themselves.
--hide--


I love this list Dawn. This is wonderful. It sounds like you describe a very grounded and centered man.

09/26/2012 new

To me it means someone who lives by a code of priniciples that are higher ideals than satisfying or serving his own self interest, and that despite personal sacrifice to himself, adheres to those principles, no matter what. That's a man of honor to me. lovestruck!

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: To me it means someone who lives by a code of priniciples that are higher ideals than satisfying or s...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

To me it means someone who lives by a code of priniciples that are higher ideals than satisfying or serving his own self interest, and that despite personal sacrifice to himself, adheres to those principles, no matter what. That's a man of honor to me.

--hide--


This is a great point. Thank you Pat!

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: THANK YOU Nessa. The way you put it makes a man sound particularly attractive doesn't...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:



THANK YOU Nessa. The way you put it makes a man sound particularly attractive doesn't it? Good points!

--hide--


It does...makes a man sound very attractive!!!! wave fluffy

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Thank you. Do you have any further elaboration in describing your meaning of integrity?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:



Thank you. Do you have any further elaboration in describing your meaning of integrity?

--hide--
Yes -- honor.....

Facetious, yes. I'll get into a deeper explanation later....

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Nessa-101876 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: THANK YOU Nessa. The way you put it mak...
(Quote) Nessa-101876 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:



THANK YOU Nessa. The way you put it makes a man sound particularly attractive doesn't it? Good points!




It does...makes a man sound very attractive!!!!

--hide--


Absolutely! Like his having some spit and polish to his armor.

09/26/2012 new
Honour being an abstract concept, can be seen as an individual's obligations to those around him and whether he meets them.
09/26/2012 new

(Quote) James-897226 said: Honour being an abstract concept, can be seen as an individual's obligations to those around him and...
(Quote) James-897226 said: Honour being an abstract concept, can be seen as an individual's obligations to those around him and whether he meets them.
--hide--


Yes. Trying to leave the world and each situation and person better of than they were when he found them would be a way I might describe this man.

Posts 11 - 20 of 85