Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

What's Cooking #45

09/26/2012 new

What's cooking in your kitchen today? Chef Use this forum to exchange ideas for creative culinary combinations, old favorite recipes, or just have fun talking food!

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: What's cooking in your kitchen today? Use this forum to exchange ideas for creative culinary...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

What's cooking in your kitchen today? Use this forum to exchange ideas for creative culinary combinations, old favorite recipes, or just have fun talking food!

--hide--

No cooking in the kitchen today.....had a burger at Applebees with a sind of broccoli

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: What's cooking in your kitchen today? Use this forum to exchange ideas for creative culinary...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

What's cooking in your kitchen today? Use this forum to exchange ideas for creative culinary combinations, old favorite recipes, or just have fun talking food!

--hide--
Tonight I made a veggie bake. Cut eggplant, onions, tomatoes (from my garden), hot peppers (from my garden), marinated artichokes, cilantro and sliced mozzarella. Salt and pepper. Put all in a ceramic baking dish. Bake at 350 for an hour! Oh yum! Quite tasty...if I say so myself! cool

09/28/2012 new

Linguini with low sodium bacon, tomatoes, peppers and onions.

09/28/2012 new

Not so good, but at least I gave it the good ol' college try. I've been craving some Louisiana Gumbo, ever since a visit this past summer. I found an easy looking recipe online, and made a couple of substitutions. Oh, there was the onion/celery/green pepper choppings in melted butter with a little flour (had to try this twice, burnt the flour really bad the first time embarassed). Added some minced garlic, a can of diced tomatoes, it called for a can of condensed chicken broth for which I substituted condensed chicken with rice soup (since rice had to go in sooner or later), some New Orleans sausage pieces, Louisiana Cajun seasoning, dried thyme, and at the very end, some small salad shrimps (didn't want to pay for the larger deveined shrimp). Self served it over some Uncle Ben's rice Chef rolling eyes

Anyway, it was an ok supper for this Scandinavian of the Upper Midwest (the LA Cajun seasoning was a bit of a stretch, as up here we only recognize three seasonings: salt, pepper, ketchup). It could have used more tomato juice or something to make it more tomatoey, however... I guess I'll just have to find another excuse to visit Natchitoches, LA scratchchin wink laughing

09/28/2012 new

I made a white sauce...threw some cheese in it and had homemade mac and cheese.....it was good....

09/28/2012 new

canned chicken soup...... Can you guess why?

09/28/2012 new

for many days.... canned chicken soup...

09/28/2012 new

So sorry you not feeling well Marian hug wave

Tonight was fried shrimp, fried grouper, sweet potato and root beer for dinner. It was ok, I am not really a fan of fried foods rolling eyes

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said: So sorry you not feeling well Marian Tonight was fried shrimp, fried grouper, sweet...
(Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said:

So sorry you not feeling well Marian

Tonight was fried shrimp, fried grouper, sweet potato and root beer for dinner. It was ok, I am not really a fan of fried foods

--hide--

Good for you for being healthy, though!

Posts 1 - 10 of 200