Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Dec 21st 2012 new

Tilapia and potato salad and cole slaw.

Dec 21st 2012 new

I made some soup...with chicken, vegies...and cream....over pasta.....it was good....with soda water and apple juice mixed.....yummy....

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Lunch was cheeseburger a la George Foreman, with Swiss cheese slice and a Velveta slice, on a telera roll.

Just popped out of the oven: a dozen cream cheese Spritz cookies.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

berlin begels topped with leeks (fried) and mixed with parmesean....a real delight....no lie....and salad of course....

Dec 23rd 2012 new

berlin begels topped with leeks (fried) and mixed with parmesean....a real delight....no lie....and salad of course....

Dec 23rd 2012 new

I brought home a bunch of bananas from the school cafeteria that would go bad over the Christmas break, so they have been the theme of the day!
This morning we enjoyed fresh chocolate chip banana bread for breakfast (yum!)
We had salad for lunch and then made roll out cookies (with bananas instead of half the butter) to decorate and save for Christmas.
Supper was a chicken-potato-veggie soup I had simmering while the whole wheat oatmeal bread was baking, a plate of goouda, colby and cheddar cheeses, and clementines.
We also made chocolate chip cookies with bananas (instead of butter) to enjoy today.
I must say today's bread was maybe the best ever -- it rose so high and and is so soft and fluffy and yummy!
Usually I like it a little denser so it makes good toast for peanut butter for breakfast, but fresh with soup and cheese, it was perfect!

I love baking!

Dec 23rd 2012 new
Today I made our traditional beet soup for Christmas Eve dinner. The flavors have to steep, so I usually make it a day ahead. Also made "the pink stuff"--the white bean/beet/potato/pickle/egg salad, a Lithuanian dish, also traditional Eve food. I'm now making a Yule Log cake for my son, ex and wife for their Christmas Day enjoyment.

For dinner, I'm eating a penne pasta/spinach/walnut/blackberry/grape tomato salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Dec 25th 2012 new

Christmas Dinner, 2012: Polish sausage, pierogies, borsch, deviled eggs, olives, sweet pickles, potica, cream cheese spritz, milk, root beer

Dec 25th 2012 new

cheddar soup...with potatoes...topped with caviar...red....and lemonaide.....ice cold.....

Dec 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I brought home a bunch of bananas from the school cafeteria that would go bad over the Christmas break, so the...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I brought home a bunch of bananas from the school cafeteria that would go bad over the Christmas break, so they have been the theme of the day!
This morning we enjoyed fresh chocolate chip banana bread for breakfast (yum!)
We had salad for lunch and then made roll out cookies (with bananas instead of half the butter) to decorate and save for Christmas.
Supper was a chicken-potato-veggie soup I had simmering while the whole wheat oatmeal bread was baking, a plate of goouda, colby and cheddar cheeses, and clementines.
We also made chocolate chip cookies with bananas (instead of butter) to enjoy today.
I must say today's bread was maybe the best ever -- it rose so high and and is so soft and fluffy and yummy!
Usually I like it a little denser so it makes good toast for peanut butter for breakfast, but fresh with soup and cheese, it was perfect!

I love baking!

--hide--

Excellent idea!! How ripe do the bananas need to be to replace half the butter in a recipe? What if the recipe calls for oil...does it substitute as well?

When I have unsweetened applesauce, I use it instead of oil in cakes.
Posts 111 - 120 of 200