Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Excellent idea!! How ripe do the bananas need to be to replace half the butter in a recipe? What...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:

Excellent idea!! How ripe do the bananas need to be to replace half the butter in a recipe? What if the recipe calls for oil...does it substitute as well?

When I have unsweetened applesauce, I use it instead of oil in cakes.
--hide--

I use them in all stages of ripeness -- the riper they are, the better they are for you but also the stronger their flavor, so for delicate flavored cookies, I use barely ripe cookies to not offend some of my picky children, lol, but for stronger flavored cookies the bananas can be the healthier overripe ones. :) It's two-fer -- more fruit in our diet and also less fat!

Dec 27th 2012 new

Chicken Soup... slurrp yum

Dec 29th 2012 new

Today my daughters and I are making buckeyes, choc chip cookies, easy cheese cakes, and pies -- better get a move on!! Probably a lasagna or other cheesy noodle dish like that to take to our Christmas extended family gathering at my parents' home tomorrow! Once we get there after 11:30 Mass, we'll really get busy creating the feast! food, glorious food!

Dec 29th 2012 new
mischievous scratchchin Wondering if I can find someone that delivers soup? Started getting sickly yesterday and tomato basil soup sounds really good today.....
Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Today my daughters and I are making buckeyes, choc chip cookies, easy cheese cakes, and pi...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Today my daughters and I are making buckeyes, choc chip cookies, easy cheese cakes, and pies -- better get a move on!! Probably a lasagna or other cheesy noodle dish like that to take to our Christmas extended family gathering at my parents' home tomorrow! Once we get there after 11:30 Mass, we'll really get busy creating the feast! food, glorious food!

--hide--
Sounds like a great feast biggrin after Mass theheart

Dec 29th 2012 new

I think I'm finally "baked-out" -- it's been a long couple weeks of baking and making -- final pies are out of the oven, all cookies made, everything that needed dipped in chocolate has been dipped, specialty cocoa mixes are made, pots, pans, spatulas and spoons are waiting to be washed, counters and tables wiped -- I'm tired! But ... we are down to the last slice of bread so I'm be making Crusty Bread dough tonight to rise overnight and bake for breakfast before Mass.

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I think I'm finally "baked-out" -- it's been a long couple weeks of baking and...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I think I'm finally "baked-out" -- it's been a long couple weeks of baking and making -- final pies are out of the oven, all cookies made, everything that needed dipped in chocolate has been dipped, specialty cocoa mixes are made, pots, pans, spatulas and spoons are waiting to be washed, counters and tables wiped -- I'm tired! But ... we are down to the last slice of bread so I'm be making Crusty Bread dough tonight to rise overnight and bake for breakfast before Mass.

--hide--

Breakfast and it is going to be eggs, hashbrowns and sausage gravy on the side with toast followed by hot coffee this morning. I am skipping the toast myself.

Dec 31st 2012 new

bought two small pieces of veal shank at the grocery store yesterday, on special, with no idea what to do with them. I put them in the crock pot today, with a can of stewed tomatoes, chopped onion, garlic, and carrots, and it made a nice soup for a really cold day in the frozen northland snowman

Jan 1st 2013 new

corned beef and cabbage with potatoesm, carrots and onions

Jan 1st 2013 new

wave Happy New Year CM cooks. biggrin You get a Gold Star!

Pelau,stew chicken with pigeon peas,barbeque chicken and potato salad. biggrin wave

Posts 121 - 130 of 200