Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

01/26/2013 new
Sounds delicious Shara! It's. Cold and dreary here too:-( I'm waiting for my beef and barley soup to finish....it's been in the crockpot all day and will be baking some cornbread to go with it ....yummy!
01/26/2013 new

I went to 5:30 Mass tonight and my friend George was there. He said he had something in his car for me so we walked out together. He said he had my pie pan to return, but it wasn't empty -- he had made my kids and me a chocolate pie! and a loaf of honey bread! and 2 pumpkin muffins each! We are swooning over every mouthful! I love to bake and make some pretty good stuff, but, wow is it nice to enjoy someone else's delicious baking sometimes. Those goodies are what we have been devouring tonight. ((contented sigh))

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Sounds delicious Shara! It's. Cold and dreary here too:-( I'm waiting for my beef and barley soup...
(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Sounds delicious Shara! It's. Cold and dreary here too:-( I'm waiting for my beef and barley soup to finish....it's been in the crockpot all day and will be baking some cornbread to go with it ....yummy!
--hide--

I have just recently started exploring barley and I am loving it. biggrin Your soup and cornbread sounds amazing. Wish I could taste through the website. Maybe one day. biggrin

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I went to 5:30 Mass tonight and my friend George was there. He said he had something in his car ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I went to 5:30 Mass tonight and my friend George was there. He said he had something in his car for me so we walked out together. He said he had my pie pan to return, but it wasn't empty -- he had made my kids and me a chocolate pie! and a loaf of honey bread! and 2 pumpkin muffins each! We are swooning over every mouthful! I love to bake and make some pretty good stuff, but, wow is it nice to enjoy someone else's delicious baking sometimes. Those goodies are what we have been devouring tonight. ((contented sigh))

--hide--

That George sounds like a keeper. A man who can cook and who is thoughtful ( He is Catholic as well wink ) is a rare and precious creature. lovestruck! Unless of course Georgy AKA Mr. Right already has a Mrs. Right. They usually do but I am holding out a faint romantic hope crossfingers that you will say that he doesn't. If he doesn't that is an awful lot of baking for someone he is not interested in. wink lovestruck!

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: That George sounds like a keeper. A man who can cook and who is thoughtful ( He is Catho...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

That George sounds like a keeper. A man who can cook and who is thoughtful ( He is Catholic as well ) is a rare and precious creature. Unless of course Georgy AKA Mr. Right already has a Mrs. Right. They usually do but I am holding out a faint romantic hope that you will say that he doesn't. If he doesn't that is an awful lot of baking for someone he is not interested in.

--hide--

He's a keeper, alright, but...we are 'friends' -- been through a lot together as we supported each other through the aftermath of our respective failed marriages the past 3 years, and he isn't ready for even thinking about anyone as more than friends yet, but...all that baking doesseem promising! or, more likely, that he, like me, gets carried away with baking some times. Prayers appreciated!

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: He's a keeper, alright, but...we are 'friends' -- been through a lot to...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

He's a keeper, alright, but...we are 'friends' -- been through a lot together as we supported each other through the aftermath of our respective failed marriages the past 3 years, and he isn't ready for even thinking about anyone as more than friends yet, but...all that baking doesseem promising! or, more likely, that he, like me, gets carried away with baking some times. Prayers appreciated!

--hide--

Prayers are coming your way. I defnitely understand the situation. Keeping praying and know that I will be praying with you in earnest as this is now added to my daily intentions. God bless dear lady. hug rosary theheart

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Homemade chicken quesadilla!! I boiled a chicken breast. Shredded it using 2 forks. Put shredded...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Homemade chicken quesadilla!!

I boiled a chicken breast. Shredded it using 2 forks. Put shredded colby/jack cheese, chicken and generous amount of green onions (green portion) on half the tortilla. Fold over and heat on medium high heat until a little crunchy. Turn over and repeat.

I garnished it with Herdez salsa casera, and a mashed avocado with a tiny bit of garlic salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Pinto beans on side. Yummy!!
--hide--

I love Herdez.

01/26/2013 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Helen-450889 said: Homemade chicken quesadilla!! I boiled a chicken breast. Shr...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Helen-450889 said: Homemade chicken quesadilla!!

I boiled a chicken breast. Shredded it using 2 forks. Put shredded colby/jack cheese, chicken and generous amount of green onions (green portion) on half the tortilla. Fold over and heat on medium high heat until a little crunchy. Turn over and repeat.

I garnished it with Herdez salsa casera, and a mashed avocado with a tiny bit of garlic salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Pinto beans on side. Yummy!!

I love Herdez.

--hide--

And, I think of you every time that I use Herdez salsas!!
01/26/2013 new
I made pork spare ribs and homemade mashed potatoes. I sauteed a yellow squash, zucchini, 2 Roma tomatoes, and half of a medium onion in olive oil.

Enjoying now!

I doubt that I had made spare ribs in years....unless of course, I have written about making them in the forums!

I parboiled the ribs. Then put a medium amount of Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ all over. Put in oven at 350 min...don't remember for how long! Very tender and very delicious!!
01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I made pork spare ribs and homemade mashed potatoes. I sauteed a yellow squash, zucchini, 2 Roma tomatoe...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I made pork spare ribs and homemade mashed potatoes. I sauteed a yellow squash, zucchini, 2 Roma tomatoes, and half of a medium onion in olive oil.

Enjoying now!

I doubt that I had made spare ribs in years....unless of course, I have written about making them in the forums!

I parboiled the ribs. Then put a medium amount of Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ all over. Put in oven at 350 min...don't remember for how long! Very tender and very delicious!!
--hide--

LIke I said last night Helen. You are a woman after my heart. That sounds delicious. I grill almost everyday once it is warm enough and Sweet Baby Rays is my sauce of choice. YUMMY!!!. When I smoke a pork shoulder on the grill I use it to coat in the last half hour and then I add a little bit to the shredded bits once I am done. Smokey, tasty goodness on homemade rolls. My daughter's kindagarten teacher says that she comes to my 4th of July party every year for it. Now her husband comes as well. wink

Posts 161 - 170 of 200