Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Feb 28th 2013 new

I was craving Italian tonight so I boiled up some raviolis I had in the fridge had them plain with olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese with a small spring organic salad

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said:... I guess I'll just have to find another excuse to visit Natchitoches, LA
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:... I guess I'll just have to find another excuse to visit Natchitoches, LA
--hide--

My neck of the woods, cher. Natchitoches meat pies from Lasyone's. Oh, BTW, making a roux is a 3 beer operation.

Mar 1st 2013 new

Right now I have a couple pies in the oven -- cookies go in next -- I made up enough dough for 6 crusts this morning and made the filling this afternoon. I'm baking for our church fish fry dinner, held every Friday during Lent from 4:30 to 7pm in Lateran Hall of St. Michael's -- come on in and enjoy a great meal -- and support our teens Mission trip to Kentucky. My Susy is going for her third year to help paint, build, repair houses and minister to the very poorest people there.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Right now I have a couple pies in the oven
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Right now I have a couple pies in the oven
--hide--

I've had coconut cream pie on my mind all day. Sigh.....I know yours would be great!

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: I've had coconut cream pie on my mind all day. Sigh.....I know yours would ...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

I've had coconut cream pie on my mind all day. Sigh.....I know yours would be great!

--hide--
wave Just picked up some shrimp roti. goldfish

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: (Quote) Michael-76823 said:... I guess I'll just have to find another excus...

Quote:
Michael-76823 said:... I guess I'll just have to find another excuse to visit Natchitoches, LA

My neck of the woods, cher. Natchitoches meat pies from Lasyone's. Oh, BTW, making a roux is a 3 beer operation.

--hide--

exactly where I was talking about... I was just there last June, visiting a CM friend. We went to Lasyonne's for lunch (meat pie with gravy), after stopping at the Basilica of he Immaculate Conception, a flea market along the river-lake, a few shops along the main street, and then a drive into the country to visit an old plantation. I still have the plastic cup that my sweet tea came as a memory of my visit.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Few people understand the significance of that part of Louisiana - that it is even more than a "little" New Orleans - it holds so great a place in my heart, I get overly emotional about it. Thank you for loving it.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Few people understand the significance of that part of Louisiana - that it is even more than a ...

Few people understand the significance of that part of Louisiana - that it is even more than a "little" New Orleans - it holds so great a place in my heart, I get overly emotional about it. Thank you for loving it.

--hide--

Tilapia with Vegetable fried rice on the side and salad with western salad dressing.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Tilapia with Vegetable fried rice on the side and salad with western salad dressing....
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Tilapia with Vegetable fried rice on the side and salad with western salad dressing.

--hide--

Tilapia is one fish I just can't seem to do anything with... just don't care for the taste. With no offense to the Louisianans, I'm not much for catfish either, although I must admit the pecan-encrusted catfish that my lady's handkerchief friend had (and gave me a sample of) down there didn't taste all that bad.

I'm more of a walleye kinda guy, or salmon. I have a couple nice pieces of salmon in my freezer right now, should make a nice supper Chef scratchchin

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Olive Garden did the cooking tonight. I had ravioli pomodoro. Mmmmm...mmmmmm!! tongue Chef

Posts 181 - 190 of 200