Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Hi fellow Latin Mass devotees biggrin

I recently came upon the August 27, 2012 issue of the Remnant pg 7 the article entitled: Vatican II Liturgy: The Reboot? by Stepehn Dupuy

The article states through summorumpontificum.de revisions will be made to the 1962 Roman Missal to be introduced in 2013

The article states that potential changes are, and I quote:

"Allowance of the usage of new prefaces for all feasts, which correspond to the Norvus Ordo prefaces"

"General allowance of the Traditional Mass to be celebrated"versus populum" {which facilitates the use of the Cranmer table}

"Permission to say the "Liturgy of the Word" in the language of the people"

I do go to an indult Tradtional Latin Mass here in Pittsburgh and they will be having a "revised" missal for May 2013.

The author of the article said it has been Pope Benedict XVI intent to redux the Norvus Ordo into its intended design (basically the EWTN mass)a mix of Latin and the venacular. It was the authors understanding that both the Norvus Ordo liturgy and the Traditional Mass would eventually meet somewhere in the middle forming one liturgy!

I attend, as I'm sure many do, the Latin Mass primarily for the traditional reception of Holy Communion: From the priest, kneeling, and on the tongue only! I went for many years to a "reverent Norvus Ordo" where this was done! I am not happy about these changes as I'm sure many will be but as long as communion can be given in the traditional manner, that is the least I can expect!

Does anyone else have any additional info regarding this?? It would be appreciated

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere(I couldnt locate any info on this topic?

Thanks & God Bless!

Joe

10/08/2012 new

(Quote) Joe-826335 said: Hi fellow Latin Mass devotees I recently came upon the August 27, 2012 issue of the Remnant ...
(Quote) Joe-826335 said:

Hi fellow Latin Mass devotees

I recently came upon the August 27, 2012 issue of the Remnant pg 7 the article entitled: Vatican II Liturgy: The Reboot? by Stepehn Dupuy

The article states through summorumpontificum.de revisions will be made to the 1962 Roman Missal to be introduced in 2013

The article states that potential changes are, and I quote:

"Allowance of the usage of new prefaces for all feasts, which correspond to the Norvus Ordo prefaces"

"General allowance of the Traditional Mass to be celebrated"versus populum" {which facilitates the use of the Cranmer table}

"Permission to say the "Liturgy of the Word" in the language of the people"

I do go to an indult Tradtional Latin Mass here in Pittsburgh and they will be having a "revised" missal for May 2013.

The author of the article said it has been Pope Benedict XVI intent to redux the Norvus Ordo into its intended design (basically the EWTN mass)a mix of Latin and the venacular. It was the authors understanding that both the Norvus Ordo liturgy and the Traditional Mass would eventually meet somewhere in the middle forming one liturgy!

I attend, as I'm sure many do, the Latin Mass primarily for the traditional reception of Holy Communion: From the priest, kneeling, and on the tongue only! I went for many years to a "reverent Norvus Ordo" where this was done! I am not happy about these changes as I'm sure many will be but as long as communion can be given in the traditional manner, that is the least I can expect!

Does anyone else have any additional info regarding this?? It would be appreciated

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere(I couldnt locate any info on this topic?

Thanks & God Bless!

Joe

--hide--

What is the Remnant's source for this information?

Given the speed at which Rome makes these types of changes, it seems entirely unrealistic that they will be made in less than one year. Think of how long it was between the time the changes were made to the NO translations and when they were implemented.

10/09/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: What is the Remnant's source for this information? Given the speed at which R...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

What is the Remnant's source for this information?

Given the speed at which Rome makes these types of changes, it seems entirely unrealistic that they will be made in less than one year. Think of how long it was between the time the changes were made to the NO translations and when they were implemented.

--hide--

Jerry, I sure hope that you are correct on this.

My Mom bought a very nice new, but TLM 1962 missal for me as a gift, just this year. Yet another revision is not so much welcomed by me.
10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Jerry, I sure hope that you are correct on this. My Mom bought a very nice new, but...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said:

Jerry, I sure hope that you are correct on this.

My Mom bought a very nice new, but TLM 1962 missal for me as a gift, just this year. Yet another revision is not so much welcomed by me.
--hide--

If the information in the topic post is correct, only one of the changes (new propers) would have any effect on your missal, and it would generally affect only the weekday Masses. If such were to happen, I suspect the companies that publish the hand missals would publish supplements for the older missalsL a little less convenient, but much cheaper, than buying a new missal.

10/09/2012 new
If you go back and reread Summorum Pontificum, you will note that the Holy Father did indicate that he hoped the celebration of the EF Mass would have a gravitational pull, so to speak on the celebration of the OF, and did not rule out that certain changes that had been made since 1962 would be considered for inclusion in the EF Missale.

I think what most people are afraid of is any changes (in the collects, reconciliation of the liturgical schedule vis-a-vis feasts and the like) will be to the detriment of the EF; quite the contrary...we can't ignore the Saints who've been raised to the altars since V-II, nor some of the changes (vernacular readings) which are prudent.

I don't think you'll see the altar turned around (though in many places before the OF was promulgated, the EF was celebrated versus populum) or the communion rails ripped out (if they're still there...I know plenty of dual-use churches where they're being put back in...) or any of the other modernistic accreations that have dumbed down the liturgy.
11/04/2012 new

Mass facing the people existed before Vatican II, although it required an indult. This was going on as far back as the 1920s and 30s.

11/04/2012 new
Seeing the priest facing the people is a distraction.
11/04/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Seeing the priest facing the people is a distraction.
(Quote) John-220051 said: Seeing the priest facing the people is a distraction.
--hide--

What do you think of this proposed hybrid rite? I know there are some traditionalists who are very opposed to BXVI, among them the people who run Tradition in Action.

11/04/2012 new
I don't like the idea of a hybridized rite. Liturgical uniformity in the Western Church actually only dates back to the 16th century.

Personally, I think the Novus Ordo should be suppressed and the 1965 rubrics be allowed as an option for vernacular services.

The interim '65 Missal was a hybrid of the old and the new.

www.coreyzelinski.8m.com

I own a copy of the Missal. It allowed for concelebration and vernacular but suppressed Psalm 42 at the foot of the altar and the Last Gospel because they originally were said by the priest alone to and from the altar.

I wish they would stop monkeying with the liturgy.
11/05/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I don't like the idea of a hybridized rite. Liturgical uniformity in the Western Church actually only...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I don't like the idea of a hybridized rite. Liturgical uniformity in the Western Church actually only dates back to the 16th century.

Personally, I think the Novus Ordo should be suppressed and the 1965 rubrics be allowed as an option for vernacular services.

The interim '65 Missal was a hybrid of the old and the new.

www.coreyzelinski.8m.com

I own a copy of the Missal. It allowed for concelebration and vernacular but suppressed Psalm 42 at the foot of the altar and the Last Gospel because they originally were said by the priest alone to and from the altar.

I wish they would stop monkeying with the liturgy.
--hide--

I have one of those 1964 altar missals as well. It's okay. Permanent change is the name of the game. I read a book from about 1966 by Clement McNaspy, SJ, about the liturgical changes. McNaspy was involved in the liturgical movement and in that book writes that people have to get used to constant change. Is this so that people get worn out and quit caring about the Mass? Makes one wonder. The liturgical movement started out good but turned down a dark path a long time ago.

Posts 1 - 10 of 19