Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Hi,

I am attending this event for the first time and I almost always go to the Traditional Latin Mass here in Pittsburgh! I was told there are Latin Mass folks who go to this event?! If anyone from a Latin Mass community has gone or will go, can one receive communion in the traditonal manner there?

If anyone is going please let me know! I would like to meet you at the outing!

Joe:)

Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Joe-826335 said: Hi, I am attending this event for the first time and I almost always go to the Traditional L...
(Quote) Joe-826335 said:

Hi,

I am attending this event for the first time and I almost always go to the Traditional Latin Mass here in Pittsburgh! I was told there are Latin Mass folks who go to this event?! If anyone from a Latin Mass community has gone or will go, can one receive communion in the traditonal manner there?

If anyone is going please let me know! I would like to meet you at the outing!

--hide--

I've not been to the farm outing event in the past, nor have I gone to Mass in Greencastle. I will tell you that Greencastle is not terribly big and that I'd be very surprised if they offered the Tridentine Mass there. You best bet would probably be Indianapolis. There is a parish in Lafayette that does it once a month, but I think it's on the third Sunday of the month, so that won't help you. You could also check out parishes in Terre Haute. I don't know exactly where the farm is, but you're probably talking about roughly an hour away if you go to Indy, maybe a bit less to Terre Haute. Lafayette would be even further, and as I said, I think the even is the wrong weekend for that. If you're desperate to avoid the Ordinary form of the Mass, there is a small Eastern Catholic church in Indy. The congregation is small, but they are very friendly and welcoming to visitors from the Roman Rite.

Sep 30th 2012 new

+

JMJ

Joe,

If you're speaking about this event near Pittsburg in Weirton, WV

www.christendomrestoration.org

yes. Fr Perndergraft, FSSP will bw celebrating the TLM. The time was changed to 10:30 AM. See their web site for details. The site above has a link to the organizers site. I won't be there. I received an invitation to an event in NY with Cardinal Burke and I'm leaving WV now 2:30 AM.

God bless,

Joseph

Oct 2nd 2012 new

John,

Thanks for the info!! I have given the Eastern Churches some thought??? I have heard that some of the churches now stand for communion ??

Oct 2nd 2012 new

Joe,

Thanks for your response!! Actually the event that I'm going to is about 30 mins west of Indianapolis! If I wasnt going to the farm event near Indy I would go to the Weirton, WV event! It's very close to Pittsburgh! Thanks for the info!!

Posts 1 - 5 of 5