Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

High School Reunion

09/29/2012 new

Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum and this is my first time starting a topic so please be gentle... biggrin

Did you go to your high school reunion? What were your reasons for going or not going?

Tonight was my 10 year reunion and I chose NOT to go. In many ways, I wanted to go because it seems like a second prom. It's like a rite of passage. BUT, since I haven't kept up with many people from high school and would have been going stag, I thought it might be kinda awkward embarassed I would have to recant my whole life story over the last 10 years like 50 times which would be pure torture weeping PLUS they had it at a bar with a DJ and I can see temptation written all over that.

I think I made the right decision though. I truly wish all of my classmates the best but I'd rather not go re-living my high school days. Those were not my golden days... THESE are my golden days! cool

09/29/2012 new

Hi Katie!

I've never been to a high school reunion nor will I ever attend one because I was homeschooled. But I'm OK with that! I'll have college reunions to look forward to. :)

I just wanted to post and say welcome to the fora, and great new topic! Hope to see a lot of you around here!

09/29/2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: I just wanted to post and say welcome to the fora, and great new topic! Hope to see a lot of you around ...
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: I just wanted to post and say welcome to the fora, and great new topic! Hope to see a lot of you around here!
--hide--

Thank you! biggrin

09/30/2012 new

I went to my 15 yr reunion a few years ago. However, I doubt I will ever go to another one. Eventhough I had a fairly small class, we were not a close group. Those that were truely important to me in high school are the ones that I am friends with on FB. Those same few were also the ones I spent the night talking to. I do not need to spend money and get all dressed up just to talk to the friends I keep in touch with. Plus we had a very small turn out. Only about 1/3 of the class showed up.

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: I went to my 15 yr reunion a few years ago. However, I doubt I will ever go to another one. ...<...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

I went to my 15 yr reunion a few years ago. However, I doubt I will ever go to another one. ...

--hide--

I think you can only go to one 15-year reunion. smile

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: (Quote) Angela-893980 said: I went to my 15 yr reunion a few years ago. How...
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

Quote:
Angela-893980 said:

I went to my 15 yr reunion a few years ago. However, I doubt I will ever go to another one. ...

I think you can only go to one 15-year reunion.

--hide--

Deoends on whether she's a cougar...

09/30/2012 new
Katie, Going to a high school reunion can be a good thing. You do get to catch up with old friends. Although there have been people you didn't like in high school but they might have changed. Nobody is perfect. The thing is if you don't go, there could be things you might be missing out on. Tom
09/30/2012 new

I went to my 10 year high school reunion this past winter. I went to a small all-girls high school and only graduated with 26 other girls - 22 of which I am friends on Facebook. It was an easy decision for me because we were a close knit class. We all had our groups, but all the groups got along and there was little if no drama. Hard to believe, I know. About half of our class ended up coming to the reunion which we ended up having in a room at a restaurant. It was really nice to see everybody...a lot different than just following what they do on Facebook.

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: I think you can only go to one 15-year reunion.
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

I think you can only go to one 15-year reunion.

--hide--

laughing laughing rolling eyes

09/30/2012 new

I went to mine a couple of years ago. It was fine, I did get to see a few friends from high school who I hadn't kept in touch with, and hang out with other friends who I have. There was some mingling, although the groups from high school hadn't really changed all that much, people were spending time with who they had been friends with before. I will probably go to my next one just because I like catching up with people, but I don't think you miss out on anything spectacular by not going. Just my 2 cents :)

Posts 1 - 10 of 14