Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Craig-388270 said: "Then with all her might she struck him twice in the neck and cut off his head" <...
(Quote) Craig-388270 said: "Then with all her might she struck him twice in the neck and cut off his head"

(Judith 13:8)

"Christianity is for little old ladies" is a nasty slogan.

"Christianity is for little old ladies who vote" is closer to the Truth.

The Soviet Union was toppled by little old ladies (Babushkas) who went to church daily.

The little old ladies who were fooled into voting for OBama the first time,

won't make the same mistake.

The little old ladies who hold their nose to vote for Romney,

will return him to his private mansion.

All of the phone banking and yard signs can't put humpty dumpty back together again.

OBama is done.

Romney is next.
--hide--

We need to keep praying. Praying Obama is clearly anti American. If you have a chance to watch this www.2016themovie.com

the movie was an eye opener for me. We need to pray hard that Obama does not get into office again. He is out to destroy America's ideal of freedom and liberty. Our religious liberties are being controlled in his HHS mandate. I heard and interesting commentary on EWTN that his provision for exemptions of pre-existing conditions is mainly for those that have AIDS and the homosexual community. In essence he is promoting immoral behavior and is also out to destroy marriage as we know it. This is also sad to know there is national coming out day that will be celebrated in the public schools lgbtq.gmu.edu

Keep praying and turning to Christ and especially the Rosary. Mary will defeat the devil. Make the rosary your weapon against evil. rosary

Praying for our country and world. We are in need of much help. Come Lord Jesus Come is what I pray but also for others to turn to God and stand firm in the Faith.

Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

Remember God is in Control, we can only try to cooperate with His plan of salvation for all people. And remember no soul is ever too lost to be saved , not even Barrack Obama. Jesus died for all including the presdent. Lord have mercy on him. He needs it as do we all. St. Michael the archangel defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray and do thou oh prince of the heavenly host, cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl around the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen theheart

Oct 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Other than your first sentence, every word you wrote is definitely true. But consider this; who...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

Other than your first sentence, every word you wrote is definitely true. But consider this; who would you prefer to face Obama in the debates: Romney or Gingrich? Voters largely are ignoring Obama's negatives, so I don't think that Gingrich's would weigh him down significantly. Pundits are saying the race could be "decided" after the first 90 minutes of Romney's and Obama's first debate. I am worried how well Romney will perform. If Gingrich was facing Obama, he would make chopped liver out of Obama. Sadly, a lost opportunity.
--hide--

Okay....first, Gingrich didn't even destroy Romney in the debates. In fact, in some of them Romney destroyed HIM! I absoutely think Gingrich would have brought it to Obama, but he doesn't have a filter, and sometimes you have to be strategic and smart. By the way Romney bellied up in the debates, I think he does have it in him, deep down. However, he has to tread lightly. If he comes at him too hard, you risk a major backlash calling him everything from disrespectful to racist. The bigger risk, however, is waking up the sleeping giant of Obama voters that probably don't plan to come out and vote, BUT if their buddy Barack is pushed into a corner by the Man, they are going to rise up and defend their guy. We cannot afford to awaken that sleeping giant.

Gingrich had all sorts of policy problems in addition to his personal life. If you are Bill Clinton, they can overlook your personal life. If you are Barack Obama, they can overlook your policy issues. If you have both going on, that's a problem. Plus, a lot of righties don't like him because they didn't like the way he ran Congress in the 90s. A lot, well all, of the lefties don't like him. Independents are probably split, but I remember in the primaries, there were a LOT of people that did not like Gingrich, just because he is who he is.

I remember back in 2004, I was terrified that John Kerry was going to win the election. The polls were close, and everyone claimed he had "won" the debates. After the first debate they basically called it for Kerry. Don't get me wrong, this is Romney's opportunity to win votes, and he needs to go at it with all he's got. But, at the end of the night, if the pundits are singing Romney's swan song, I hope to be able to take it with a grain of salt.

Oct 2nd 2012 new
Obama: Debate prep is "a drag"

President Barack Obama, holed up at a swank Las Vegas-area resort to get ready for his first debate with Mitt Romney, jokingly told a volunteer on Monday that debate prep can be "a drag."...

..."We had a great prep, and it was a lot of fun," he told Stinger. "It's very nice. Although basically they're keeping me indoors all the time. It's a drag. They're making me do my homework."

news.yahoo.com

So, he's is Vegas...again. That's where he went when the world started to burn.
Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Obama: Debate prep is "a drag"

President Barack Obama, holed up at a swank Las Vegas-area resort to get ready for his first debate with Mitt Romney, jokingly told a volunteer on Monday that debate prep can be "a drag."...

..."We had a great prep, and it was a lot of fun," he told Stinger. "It's very nice. Although basically they're keeping me indoors all the time. It's a drag. They're making me do my homework."

news.yahoo.com

--hide--

Overheard from the hotel in Vegas?

No, Barack, there are 50 states in the United States. 50 as in Five Oh. Think of McGarrett. O, I forgot, you were in Indonesia during that show. Nevermind. Just remember 50.

No, Barack, Hawaii is not in Asia. I know there were lots of Asians there when you were in junior high, but when you are President, Hawaii is in America. A convention to be sure, but since it is a State now....One of the 50.

Now, listen, Barry. Those entrepreneurs, they think that They Built it, so don't irritate them by saying the Government built it. Not going to help.

Barry listen up: "Profit equals revenues minus expenses." Never mind what it means...it's a business thing. But he might throuw some business talk at you. Not all money comes from the government, so you have to be able to spar with him on this.

OK, ready? The private sector is....... No, No, NO, not doing fine! "The private sector is hurting just like government employees." Now say it three times. Once you get them all to come over and become government employees it won't matter anymore.

Remember, you're the only president who gave out free cell phones to minorities. A cell phone in every minority pocket should be your motto. Obamaphone...has a nice ring...like the insurance gecko.

Mr. President, please do not say 1967 Borders. Erase that from your speech. Just say you support Israel even though you refuse to meet with the prime minister...just bluff it. He didn't take into consideration your tee time. Pushy Jew.

Remember you did not bow to foreign powers. You just accidently tripped walking up to the Saudi King. You had travelers' indigestion in China and had a belly cramp.

Look, Barry, you can be for American Exceptionalism. Just think in your mind you mean exceptionally bad and then you won't be lying. What's that, O yes, I forgot, lying is your middle name. Lying is lesson one in Chicago politics. It's win at any price. Sounds like you are ready. Go out there and get'em.

Oct 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Overheard from the hotel in Vegas? No, Barack, there are 50 states in the United States. 50 a...
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Overheard from the hotel in Vegas?

No, Barack, there are 50 states in the United States. 50 as in Five Oh. Think of McGarrett. O, I forgot, you were in Indonesia during that show. Nevermind. Just remember 50.

No, Barack, Hawaii is not in Asia. I know there were lots of Asians there when you were in junior high, but when you are President, Hawaii is in America. A convention to be sure, but since it is a State now....One of the 50.

Now, listen, Barry. Those entrepreneurs, they think that They Built it, so don't irritate them by saying the Government built it. Not going to help.

Barry listen up: "Profit equals revenues minus expenses." Never mind what it means...it's a business thing. But he might throuw some business talk at you. Not all money comes from the government, so you have to be able to spar with him on this.

OK, ready? The private sector is....... No, No, NO, not doing fine! "The private sector is hurting just like government employees." Now say it three times. Once you get them all to come over and become government employees it won't matter anymore.

Remember, you're the only president who gave out free cell phones to minorities. A cell phone in every minority pocket should be your motto. Obamaphone...has a nice ring...like the insurance gecko.

Mr. President, please do not say 1967 Borders. Erase that from your speech. Just say you support Israel even though you refuse to meet with the prime minister...just bluff it. He didn't take into consideration your tee time. Pushy Jew.

Remember you did not bow to foreign powers. You just accidently tripped walking up to the Saudi King. You had travelers' indigestion in China and had a belly cramp.

Look, Barry, you can be for American Exceptionalism. Just think in your mind you mean exceptionally bad and then you won't be lying. What's that, O yes, I forgot, lying is your middle name. Lying is lesson one in Chicago politics. It's win at any price. Sounds like you are ready. Go out there and get'em.

--hide--

laughing laughing Bow That was great!!!
Oct 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Melissa-537851 said: Okay....first, Gingrich didn't even destroy Romney in the debates. I...
(Quote) Melissa-537851 said:

Okay....first, Gingrich didn't even destroy Romney in the debates. In fact, in some of them Romney destroyed HIM! I absoutely think Gingrich would have brought it to Obama, but he doesn't have a filter, and sometimes you have to be strategic and smart. By the way Romney bellied up in the debates, I think he does have it in him, deep down. However, he has to tread lightly. If he comes at him too hard, you risk a major backlash calling him everything from disrespectful to racist. The bigger risk, however, is waking up the sleeping giant of Obama voters that probably don't plan to come out and vote, BUT if their buddy Barack is pushed into a corner by the Man, they are going to rise up and defend their guy. We cannot afford to awaken that sleeping giant.

Gingrich had all sorts of policy problems in addition to his personal life. If you are Bill Clinton, they can overlook your personal life. If you are Barack Obama, they can overlook your policy issues. If you have both going on, that's a problem. Plus, a lot of righties don't like him because they didn't like the way he ran Congress in the 90s. A lot, well all, of the lefties don't like him. Independents are probably split, but I remember in the primaries, there were a LOT of people that did not like Gingrich, just because he is who he is.

I remember back in 2004, I was terrified that John Kerry was going to win the election. The polls were close, and everyone claimed he had "won" the debates. After the first debate they basically called it for Kerry. Don't get me wrong, this is Romney's opportunity to win votes, and he needs to go at it with all he's got. But, at the end of the night, if the pundits are singing Romney's swan song, I hope to be able to take it with a grain of salt.

--hide--

I still disagree about Gingrich. However, I do applaud your grasp of details and the election. Glad you're on our side.
Oct 4th 2012 new

I think we are going to have to have Romney for two terms though because the alternative is another prochoice democrat. However, for the next election between a new republican and democrat....I hope they find a more conservative republican with regard to prolife issues....I mean Romney says he will not promote abortions, but I would prefer having someone with the record to not only back that but to heartily oppose it too....someone with a record like Ryan and Santorum.

Oct 4th 2012 new

news.yahoo.com

--hide--

How ironic that he calls things he should know his "homework".

Oct 4th 2012 new

I say that Mitt will have two terms. As to abortion I do believe that Mitt will do a much better job at protecting life. I was originally(bad spelling) a Sanstroum supporter.

Oct 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Melissa-537851 said: Okay....first, Gingrich didn't even destroy Romney in the debates. I...
(Quote) Melissa-537851 said:

--hide--

Romney and Obama have had their first debate now. You were right; Romney did well. Hurray!!
Posts 71 - 80 of 114