Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: So you all agree with Craig that Romney will win the election and serve only one term? Because he...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

So you all agree with Craig that Romney will win the election and serve only one term? Because he, too, will be judged inadequate?

"A good man is hard to find." - Flannery O'Connor

--hide--

So are well informed, moral, and responsible voters, unfortunately.

- Elizabeth

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: Excellent post Wendy! I agree 100%. We live in a sinful world where "perfect" doesn...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

Excellent post Wendy! I agree 100%. We live in a sinful world where "perfect" doesn't exist. Most will agree that Romney and Obama are not equally evil, but that Obama has actively worked to destroy Christian values in the name of politics. We are called by our faith to follow the LIGHT and turn away from the darkness. The road is jagged, but we must make the best choice (from the choices available) towards that which is MOST in line with God's will as you stated.

We have the power to defeat this assault on Christian values - but first, a quick math lesson. If I vote for Obama, and you vote for Romney, we're even - nobody wins. Our votes cancelled out. But if I vote for Obama, and you vote for a third candidate, or refuse to vote, then that vote for Romney that would cancel out my vote didn't happen, and so Obama is ahead by one vote. Please Ana, re-read this paragraph and know that there are only two realistic outcomes, and that as Christians we are called to move towards the LIGHT.

--hide--
Exactly!

Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said: . Romney is a good man; here's to Paul Ryan being successful in making Romney a convert as nothing is imp...
(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said:

. Romney is a good man; here's to Paul Ryan being successful in making Romney a convert as nothing is impossible with God!

--hide--
That same thought crossed my mind. Ryan will, no doubt, have influence on Romney. As it's been said, this will be more like a "co-presidential" effort.

Romney and Ryan are good man. Nobody is perfect, but I feel that Romney's and Ryan's hearts, souls, and minds will be open to the Spirit of God and the spirit of the American people. And if they make a mistake, I sense they will have the inner character to correct and adjust as needed.
Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Jeannie-822585 said: . Romney is a good man; here's to Paul Ryan being successful in making Ro...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Jeannie-822585 said:

. Romney is a good man; here's to Paul Ryan being successful in making Romney a convert as nothing is impossible with God!

That same thought crossed my mind. Ryan will, no doubt, have influence on Romney. As it's been said, this will be more like a "co-presidential" effort.

Romney and Ryan are good man. Nobody is perfect, but I feel that Romney's and Ryan's hearts, souls, and minds will be open to the Spirit of God and the spirit of the American people. And if they make a mistake, I sense they will have the inner character to correct and adjust as needed.
--hide--
Romney: I Will Be a Pro-Life President, De-Fund Planned Parenthood

"I think I've said time and again that I'm a pro-life candidate and I'll be a pro-life president. The actions I'll take immediately is to remove funding for Planned Parenthood. It will not be part of my budget. And also I've indicated that I will reverse the Mexico City position of the president. I will reinstate the Mexico City policy which keeps us from using foreign aid for abortions overseas,..."

www.lifenews.com
Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Romney: I Will Be a Pro-Life President, De-Fund Planned Parenthood "I think...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Romney: I Will Be a Pro-Life President, De-Fund Planned Parenthood

"I think I've said time and again that I'm a pro-life candidate and I'll be a pro-life president. The actions I'll take immediately is to remove funding for Planned Parenthood. It will not be part of my budget. And also I've indicated that I will reverse the Mexico City position of the president. I will reinstate the Mexico City policy which keeps us from using foreign aid for abortions overseas,..."

www.lifenews.com
--hide--

Yeah. Excellent. That is exactly what I would do on day one. Very Reaganesque. I'm liking this guy more, day by day.

Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Yeah. Excellent. That is exactly what I would do on day one. Very Reaganesque. I'm liking this guy...
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Yeah. Excellent. That is exactly what I would do on day one. Very Reaganesque. I'm liking this guy more, day by day.

--hide--
And on Day One Romney repeals Obamacare. Praying

MITT ROMNEY: "As you might imagine, I disagree with the Supreme Courts decision and I agree with the dissent. What the Court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected President of the United States. And that is I will act to repeal Obamacare."

www.youtube.com

www.mittromney.com
Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Woo-Hoo! Another vote for Romney!!!
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Woo-Hoo! Another vote for Romney!!!

--hide--

A marxist NEVER sleeps; whereas a predatory capitalist does. Obama is the former and Romney is the latter!

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: A marxist NEVER sleeps; whereas a predatory capitalist does. Obama is the former and R...
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

A marxist NEVER sleeps; whereas a predatory capitalist does. Obama is the former and Romney is the latter!

--hide--

Huh?! eyepopping boggled

Wonderful information for faithful Catholics being shared in the catholicvote thread here in the current events room!!! thumbsup

Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Romney: I Will Be a Pro-Life President, De-Fund Planned Parenthood "I think I've sa...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Romney: I Will Be a Pro-Life President, De-Fund Planned Parenthood

www.lifenews.com
--hide--
Romney in Ohio: 'I Feel That We're All Catholic Today'

"At a townhall-style campaign event in Ohio on Wednesday, Mitt Romney was asked by a voter about his views on Barack Obama's "attack on religious freedom."

Romney replied:

Religious liberty, our first freedom of those enumerated in the Bill of Rights. And the president and his administration said they are going to usurp your religious freedom by demanding that you provide products to your employees, if you're the Catholic church, that violates your own conscience.

And so whether it's a Catholic businessperson or the Catholic church itself they're being told what they have to do that violates their religious conscience. That attack on religious freedom I think is a dangerous and unfortunate precedent.

And I know we're not all Catholic in this room. Many presumably are. But I feel that we're all Catholic today. In our battle to preserve religious freedom and tolerance and freedom in this country, it is essential for us to push back against that.

Romney received a 20-second standing ovation.

"Say it again!" yelled a member of the audience as the applause subsided.

"I will say it again," Romney replied. "That's one more good reason to get rid of Obamacare. And I'm going to get that done the first day I'm in office."

After he received another standing ovation, Romney said, "Now, you'd think I'd have started with that. That's the line I should have started with, right?"

Romney's response to question on religious liberty begin at the 6:49 minute mark in this video (via NRO)": www.youtube.com

www.weeklystandard.com
Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: And on Day One Romney repeals Obamacare. MITT ROMNEY: "As you might imagine, I disagree with...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: And on Day One Romney repeals Obamacare.

MITT ROMNEY: "As you might imagine, I disagree with the Supreme Courts decision and I agree with the dissent. What the Court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected President of the United States. And that is I will act to repeal Obamacare."

www.youtube.com

www.mittromney.com
--hide--

With all due respect to Governor Romney, and I do genuinely respect him on many levels, the President will not have the power to "repeal" Obamacare on day one or on any day. The law was passed by the Congress and signed by his predecessor, so it can only be repealed by the Congress with a new law that he then could have the pleasure of signing. This is why conservatives MUST re-take the Senate. This is absolutely necessary to get rid of Obamacare. If you have any spare cash, support conservative senatorial candidates!

What a President Romney could do is get rid of the HHS rules that violate our religious freedoms as Catholics. But, even that would probably not happen on day 1 as there is a due process for rule changes that requires publishing rules and taking input from the public. He could start that in motion on day one.

He could also invite the Congress to prepare a bill gutting Obamacare, but retaining the parts the People like. This will take some give and take in the Congress, but I would think if conservatives hold majorities in both houses, and assuming (and it is a big assumption) that the Democrats do not philibuster in the Senate, that such a bill could be produced in about 2 months.

He could fire Secretary Sibelius on day one, and I certainly pray he does fire her instantly, and he could fire all the illegal czars as well. Of course a new Secretary of HHS will require advise and consent hearing in the Senate, but a deputy could take charge until then.

I'm just saying we need to keep the due process in perspective. One of BOs worst characteristics is the way he has run roughshod over the Constitution and due process. Mr. Romney needs to recapture respect for both Constitution and due process by doing all his redirection of the government legally, and according to accepted norms and rules.

Posts 91 - 100 of 114