Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: It's a sort of auto-biography.
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

It's a sort of auto-biography.

--hide--

hahahahahaha! Thanks, Kevin! That made me laugh out loud!

Love it!

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Maricela-876143 said:Why do men post pictures of their vehicles? I don't know if women do it; it's not something th...
(Quote) Maricela-876143 said:Why do men post pictures of their vehicles? I don't know if women do it; it's not something that ever occurred to me, but I've seen a lot of pictures of men's cars/trucks. I don't get it.
--hide--

I have seen no vehicles in the photos I have seen, do these guys have themselves in the photo?
I had not considered a photo of mine. But I am told it is a "chick magnet" which figures as I
usually drive my old truck and occasionally a chick(22 yr old relative) borrows the car as her
honda is often in the shop.
SO I bet it would be a waste of time to post such a photo?

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Lilibeth-865123 said: I never waste time looking at profiles without pictures.
(Quote) Lilibeth-865123 said: I never waste time looking at profiles without pictures.
--hide--

I do, I do not mind meeting Luddites like me, I have learnt to bypass profiles with
photos of art, seems the meaning is "I have nothing to say"

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-860032 said: Hi, I think it is worth raising the matter of profile photos again, or rather lack of them. I...
(Quote) Elizabeth-860032 said:

Hi, I think it is worth raising the matter of profile photos again, or rather lack of them. I can only speak to the guys because they are the ones I am - trying to - look at! With SO many guys out there with no profile pic it is just too easy to sail by and focus on those with photos - so it would really be in your interests to post a few; if not for me for all those other wonderful women on this site. And if you are worried about being seen by those local to you (they would likely be on here for the same reason anyway, so no need for embarrassment!) then post a few scrapbook photos and then your pic isn't immediately obvious.

Oh I know that people say this is superficial and that what really matters is the character etc. and of course knowing who they are inside is absolutely essential - but BE REAL!! Don't you want to know what the person looks like? We are not just spirits, we have bodies and our faces are a reflection - part of - of who we are. The Catholic Church places emphasis on the physical and visible through the sacraments and sacramentals not just the invisible. I would love a person's profile to show the whole person (broadly speaking) and find myself a little wary of those who don't want to reveal their apprearance, though I am sure most just haven't got round to it yet. Please do! Thanks SO much

Elizabeth

--hide--

I definetly want to know what the person looks like. Yes, knowing who the person is on the inside is essential but looks do matter still. Although there is an old saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover", looks will always be the first impression that comes. When a woman has a good profile photo, that makes me want to look at her profile. Although not everyone can look like a model it's great to post a photo. What's visible and invisible are both important.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Maricela-876143 said: (Quote) Kevin-40666 said: It's a sort of auto-biography.
(Quote) Maricela-876143 said:

Quote:
Kevin-40666 said:

It's a sort of auto-biography.

hahahahahaha! Thanks, Kevin! That made me laugh out loud!

Love it!

--hide--

- glad to be of service. smile

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Maricela-876143 said: Why do men post pictures of their vehicles? I don't know if women do it; it's not some...

Why do men post pictures of their vehicles? I don't know if women do it; it's not something that ever occurred to me, but I've seen a lot of pictures of men's cars/trucks. I don't get it.

--hide--
The guys do it auto-matically.... rolling eyes

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-860032 said: Hi, I think it is worth raising the matter of profile photos again, or rather lack of them. I...
(Quote) Elizabeth-860032 said:

Hi, I think it is worth raising the matter of profile photos again, or rather lack of them. I can only speak to the guys because they are the ones I am - trying to - look at! With SO many guys out there with no profile pic it is just too easy to sail by and focus on those with photos - so it would really be in your interests to post a few; if not for me for all those other wonderful women on this site. And if you are worried about being seen by those local to you (they would likely be on here for the same reason anyway, so no need for embarrassment!) then post a few scrapbook photos and then your pic isn't immediately obvious.

Oh I know that people say this is superficial and that what really matters is the character etc. and of course knowing who they are inside is absolutely essential - but BE REAL!! Don't you want to know what the person looks like? We are not just spirits, we have bodies and our faces are a reflection - part of - of who we are. The Catholic Church places emphasis on the physical and visible through the sacraments and sacramentals not just the invisible. I would love a person's profile to show the whole person (broadly speaking) and find myself a little wary of those who don't want to reveal their apprearance, though I am sure most just haven't got round to it yet. Please do! Thanks SO much

Elizabeth

--hide--
It's not a gender isolated situation, Elizabeth. I'm guessing there is an equal number of women who don't post profile photos, or any other kind. Sometimes there are valid reasons for not doing so but we won't go into that here.

The sound of the profile is what "sells". Sure, we'd like to see everyone have a photo posted, but if not, it's their choice. People's opinions differ -- to some it makes no difference; others bypass profiles without pix. Our views toward this obviously differ among us.

My own preference? A picture, but if not, it's not a make-or-break deal. Just my two cents

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: I have seen no vehicles in the photos I have seen, do these guys have themselves in th...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

I have seen no vehicles in the photos I have seen, do these guys have themselves in the photo?
I had not considered a photo of mine. But I am told it is a "chick magnet" which figures as I
usually drive my old truck and occasionally a chick(22 yr old relative) borrows the car as her
honda is often in the shop.
SO I bet it would be a waste of time to post such a photo?

--hide--

Oh, I dunno. An old truck shows character. wink

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Maricela-876143 said: Oh, I dunno. An old truck shows character.

Oh, I dunno. An old truck shows character.

--hide--

Who is a character from old truck shows?

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Who is a character from old truck shows?
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Who is a character from old truck shows?

--hide--

Bear was a character ferom an old truck show!! laughing laughing laughing laughing rolling eyes

Posts 11 - 20 of 25