Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

The grass is greenest....

Oct 1st 2012 new

Where you water it...

It's easy sometimes as a single person to be a little jealous of married friend's who are so busy with their families or my single friends who seem to have dates every week and are thinner, prettier, more succesful etc., then I am.
I recently found that someone who I thought had the perfect life actually has it pretty rough. It really made me stop and realize (again) how freaking lucky I am and that my little bit of grass is pretty darn green. It also goes to show you never know someone's whole story and jealousy is really not the time or effort...

Just some food for thought biggrin

Oct 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Bridget-676758 said: Where you water it...
(Quote) Bridget-676758 said:

Where you water it...

--hide--

... unless that location has a high annual rainfall.

Oct 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Bridget-676758 said: Where you water it...It's easy sometimes as a single person to be a little jealous ...
(Quote) Bridget-676758 said:

Where you water it...

It's easy sometimes as a single person to be a little jealous of married friend's who are so busy with their families or my single friends who seem to have dates every week and are thinner, prettier, more succesful etc., then I am.
I recently found that someone who I thought had the perfect life actually has it pretty rough. It really made me stop and realize (again) how freaking lucky I am and that my little bit of grass is pretty darn green. It also goes to show you never know someone's whole story and jealousy is really not the time or effort...

Just some food for thought

--hide--

A wise lady once told me many years ago, "Many thoughts will come into your mind when you first look at someone, but never assume that you know what's going on in their life."

theheart

Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: myfriendsaremarried.tumblr.com
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

myfriendsaremarried.tumblr.com

--hide--

Thanks for making it hard to keep a straight face at work this morning! faint

Oct 2nd 2012 new

I heard a sermon once comparing priesthood and married life, and the basic gist was we usually see the grass as greener on the other side because we are comparing our bad patches with someone elses good patches (our bad times with their good) so of course it's goingto look better... people tend to only show the good side too

Oct 2nd 2012 new

I once read an interesting Native American saying that goes something along the lines of 'you don't know what a man is going through until you work a mile in his mocassins' I'm sure we've heard similar versions to this.hug Praying wave

Oct 2nd 2012 new

Thanks Bridget for bringing up a very important lesson whether your married or single....CONTENTMENT!

"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength." ~ Phillippians 4:10-13

One of the hardest things for me to accept after my divorce was the loneliness. When you are use to spending time with someone throughout your day, it is difficult to come home to an empty house, or begin to fill your days. However, in time I have realized that being alone...solitude...is a gift from God that needs to be cultivated, much like your green grass. It is so much more difficult to be with someone else if you aren't sure of who you are and what it is like to be content in your own skin. Days would come where I would learn to enjoy the silence, the peace, and the serenity of getting to know me....finding new ways to live, hobbies, interests and pursuits I never knew I had or wanted. Being single now is a gift...and so is marriage...and they come from the Father of Lights in whom there is no shadow. And while I still yearn for the day to share my life and love with someone, I know that it is God's will and purpose that will grant it.

So until then...whether we remain single or married....let us celebrate everything we do have. Focus on all the good things our Father has done for us, and let Him turn praise for Him into blessed contentment!

Peace !

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kerry-901602 said: Thanks Bridget for bringing up a very important lesson whether your married or single....CONTENTM...
(Quote) Kerry-901602 said:

Thanks Bridget for bringing up a very important lesson whether your married or single....CONTENTMENT!

"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength." ~ Phillippians 4:10-13

One of the hardest things for me to accept after my divorce was the loneliness. When you are use to spending time with someone throughout your day, it is difficult to come home to an empty house, or begin to fill your days. However, in time I have realized that being alone...solitude...is a gift from God that needs to be cultivated, much like your green grass. It is so much more difficult to be with someone else if you aren't sure of who you are and what it is like to be content in your own skin. Days would come where I would learn to enjoy the silence, the peace, and the serenity of getting to know me....finding new ways to live, hobbies, interests and pursuits I never knew I had or wanted. Being single now is a gift...and so is marriage...and they come from the Father of Lights in whom there is no shadow. And while I still yearn for the day to share my life and love with someone, I know that it is God's will and purpose that will grant it.

So until then...whether we remain single or married....let us celebrate everything we do have. Focus on all the good things our Father has done for us, and let Him turn praise for Him into blessed contentment!

Peace !

--hide--

Excellent post, Kerry. clap clap I'm sure many of us can relate to feeling like that at one time or another. fluffy

Oct 3rd 2012 new

My post won't be as eloquent as Kerry's but what the heck.... rolling eyes

I recently read another way to look at it. It went something like:

"Many times the grass is greener because it's fertilized with B***S***!" laughing eyebrow scratchchin

Which brings us right back to - you never know what someone else's life is really like. Appearances can be deceiving. cool

(I apologize to anyone who took offense at the starred word. Couldn't really substitute and get the same word association.)

Posts 1 - 10 of 15